St Mirren Away

ForthThistle

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the young boy done more last night than sh has done all season imoi :lol:

You won't know what your missing until it isn't there. Steven Hammell is "used" regularly by many of our players as an "out" when they get themselves into bother. He rarely panics and seldom wastes the ball. Oh, and he can sometimes save you the game by clearing the ball off the line in the last minute.

One of the first names on my teamsheet every week.

You won't know what your missing until it isn't there. Steven Hammell is "used" regularly by many of our players as an "out" when they get themselves into bother. He rarely panics and seldom wastes the ball. Oh, and he can sometimes save you the game by clearing the ball off the line in the last minute.

+1.

we never missed him one bit when he went away tae make his fortune :lol:

Hammel is just the latest in a long line of Motherwell players that some people here like to slate.

Ironically as with Reynolds this is at a time when we are probably the best defensive team in the league, very strange that half of our defense comprises of apparently pish defenders.

:lol: away you go! Nobody's said Hammell is pish, just that some people don't rate him, or that there might be somebody out there better than him. That is allowed, you know.

And like two people have said that they think Reynolds is overrated, yet still a solid player. I don't think I've ever seen anyone call him pish...

Is Mark Reynolds better than Garry Kenneth? Yes.

Is Mark Reynolds good enough to be capped for Scotland? No, not yet.

To go back to the Hammell debate, I can't believe some people are having a dig. Should be one of the first names on the team sheet. Consistently performs at SPL level to a high standard. Another thing, when was the last time he missed a game through injury? Always seems to stay fit.

And certainly international class.

For Azerbaijan maybe. Not Scotland. You must have some fascination wi the boy.

I'm not knocking Reynolds or saying he's a bad player, however, he is simply not good enough for the Scotland team at this moment in time.

He has the potential to be a Scotland player in the future, but are you telling me Mark Reynolds is in your top 2 Scottish central defenders?

Gary Caldwell

Stephen McManus

Christophe Berra

Andy Webster

There could be more, but those players are currently better than Mark Reynolds. He might overtake the players mentioned in the future, but at this moment in time, Mark Reynolds is not "certainly international class"

Take off the C&A tinted specs.