A Plea From Mst

DosserJoe

Dear all

Firstly apologies for posting this in the Club Chat section and not the Trust section, I wanted maximum exposure for the post.

The Trust are looking to undertake a number of projects in the coming months to help the club, the community and, most importantly, the Motherwell support. Discussions are on going with the club and a number of other organisations, so I am unable to provide the full details just now but I can tell you that we are looking into:

- a project to improve certain facilities at Fir Park for the benefit of the supporters

- a project to help a local youth group

- a project to help community organisations in conjunction with the club

We have begun discussions with a number of organisations to secure funding for these projects, with plenty of positive noises that the funding we require will be made available.

If we are able to secure this funding, the one thing we are desperately short of at the moment is manpower. A few of our long standing board members have decided to take a step back from the Trust and will leave the board at the next AGM. In the meantime, they can only lend a limited amount of their time to help us.

To that end, we are issuing this call to arms. A request for anyone who can spare around 2 hours oftime each month to work on specific projects, including fundraisers, with a further 2 hours needed for our monthly meeting. I would encourage anyone who is worried about the formal "board meetings" part to come forward and give it ago.

Anyone who is willing to help, we would appreciate it if you could PM myself or Speedie.

Our next fundraiser is planned to be a Race Night. We would hope volunteers would get involved straight away with the running of what will be another successful Trust event.

Yours in Dosserdom, (Copyright fatcalf)

Joe

• 2 weeks later...

A good few people have answered the call on this, thank you.

However, I know of many other people who have made noises about coming on board in the past but haven't got in touch. You don't need knowledge of how Trusts work, just a bit of time, some enthusiasm and any good ideas are a bonus. If you are thinking about getting involved then please get in touch members@mstonline.net or a PM.

Cheers

I'd be happy to offer my services as such, but not sure I'd want to be on the board. Delighted to help if I can though.