Help. Dixie Deans Bubble Gum Card 1969-70 ?

big tache

Looking for one of these cards to put in beside my jersey i was given by him in 1970. (Amber jersey with Claret band)

I believe there was also a fold out poster that was available with this set of cards at the time which would suit better as it was larger than the card.

If anyone has one or both for sale at a reasonable price or any info were to get one i would be most grateful.

FAO Mods, I've also got this placed in deals and steals but not everyone looks at that

so thought i'd get more feedback here. If it shouldn't be here, sorry and feel free to move it.

to put in beside my jersey i was given by him in 1970. (Amber jersey with Claret band)

You have made me so jealous. Dixie was one of my favourite players and that was my favourite Well top.

Any chance you could post a pic of the top? Also, just curious who made the shirt, Umbro, Bukta or was it some other manufacturer?.

P4010048.jpg

P4010001.jpg

P4010049.jpg

dixie.jpg

Hope these are ok for you bud ? Not sure about resizing and stuff like that yet.

Don't be fooled by the look on my face, believe me i was smiling all day but shock does funny things. :D

He visited me in hospital along with ...... see if you can pick them out, you must be ages with me if Dixie was your hero :D

What a fantastic day that was and then i ended up on the front of the prog. with my hero(es) :):notworthy::notworthy:

Favourite day ever being a 'Well fan :woop: and i'm lucky to say i've had a few crackers over the last 40 odd years :nod:

Forgot to mention the strip's made by Umbro and there's nothing on the front of the jersey. The next strip was the first to have MFC on the chest but the band had gone .

Dixie Deans, Keith McCrae, Tam Forsyth, Jumbo Muir, (I think, don't think it is John Goldthorpe) and the one and only Joe Wark.

Brilliant!!!! I was at that game and that was my favourite strip and the first Well team I can remember watching.

Keith McCrae, Davie Whiteford, Joe Wark, Tom Donnelly, Willie McCallum, Jim McCabe Billy Campbell, Jackie MacInally, Jumbo Muir, Dixie Deans, John Golthorpe, Peter McCloy (I am sure he was there at the same time as Keith McCrae). Billy Dickson?

Thanks a million for posting those pics big tache. Yes I am getting on in years (47 to be precise). Dixie was a great player and when he moved to Celtic it broke my heart.

My wish is for Motherwell to move back to Umbro one day and get the ‘tailored strip’ treatment just like Man City. That strip would make the perfect template.

you can't beat a pair of sidies

I have a copy of the very same program, not because I was at the game but becasue I was born the day before!! (I hunted it down on ebay a few years back)

Thanks a million for posting those pics big tache. Yes I am getting on in years (47 to be precise). Dixie was a great player and when he moved to Celtic it broke my heart.

Still havn't got over it :wallbash: Another one of the many who have left the 'Well to go on to bigger things at smeltic but don't think anyone had the impact he had. Set a few records whilst there but glad he missed "that" penalty for them. Think that broke his heart, so at least he got to feel how i felt when he left :P Still, was my No.1 hero and always will be :wub:

So come on folks, someone's gotta have that card !