Why Do People Keep Saying

maxywell

to criticise the team for a pish performance?fair enough we've done well of late and had a better than expected season but that doesnae make the team or manager immune to criticism after that pish the last 2 weeks.i think a lot of well fans were the same under gannon despite increasingly poor results and performances.we are not a top team and never will be but it really annoys me when fans have a go at you for criticising the team or manager just cos we've been good or done better than expected in previous games.the team deserved booed of today and i don't see how anybody can defend what was clearly a terrible game by us.players and managers are judged game by game and your only as good as your last result and imo far too many of our fans and fans of a lot of spl teams are too lenient on the players/manager although MM would disagree.feel free to shoot me down. :P

oh and that was a wind up,the gtf CB thread. :lol:

the best are the 1s where you can't tell if it serious or not. :D

I'll agree with you to a degree.

I'm critical of Brown for the St. Mirren game and to be fair he took the rap himself.

Didn't agree with him authorising the week off.

Tannadice, wasn't there and didn't have access to BBC Alba, but what I've read in the press, on here and saw on the highlights it was a mare of a day and we returned to December-esque behaviour. Don't know to what degree he is responsible, however when a team goes down to 10 men then you would think the manager really wouldn't have to do too much or change things up.

Today, can't help but feel that Ruddy must have been doubtful before the game, Moyes would be justified to get on the phone and give it a bit of "Craig what the hell are you all about?" (Also felt he brought Jutkiewicz back too early and he's not been at the same level as he was before the Rangers game). The first sub was enforced, couldn't understand why no other change at half-time, however Lasley was another enforced sub. Humphrey did well considering but not enough balls were played to him. Just didn't see any tactical changes when things weren't working.

Brown created a bit of a rod for his own back with the record established at the start of his reign. My criticism is very soft critique, if you offered me the current points total and league position in late December I'd have bitten you hand off. Overall great job, just questionable of late.

to criticise the team for a pish performance?fair enough we've done well of late and had a better than expected season but that doesnae make the team or manager immune to criticism after that pish the last 2 weeks.i think a lot of well fans were the same under gannon despite increasingly poor results and performances.....

Criticism per se isn't an overreaction at all and there's lots of it handed out on here week in week out whether its about the team, management or club in general and discussed thereafter.

But just as some folk believe its completely within their right to be as brutally negative as they want, so too you have folk who believe to support is to don the claret and spectacles, see no wrong and be 100% happy clappy. There are always going to be clashes between those two types of polarised viewpoints.

And then you probably have the majority in between occasionally straying narrowly into either camp depending upon the circumstances.

But the trick for me is to get your criticisms across in such a manner that you don't look like an arse who is ranting for the sake or if or is simply fishing to start an argument and wind folk up. Starting a thread titled "Ross Forbes - Not good enough for the SPL?" and making your case creates a thread for a debate. Starting a thread titled "Ross Forbes - Pish" is only going to anger folk and the debate gets lost in amongst the mudslinging.

Craig Brown has done lots of good stuff for us. His St Mirren selection was vindicated because we then beat Hearts with the first 11 in the more important game and we still got a draw in Paisley.

However after the red card last week - WRONG

After the Lasley injury yesterday - WRONG

And whilst the tactics were wrong the players added petrol to that fire by underperforming for whatever reason. Disappointing two games. However CB has got us more than he has cost us for now. However he now needs to arrest the slide. We were on a wee blip two years ago and went to Parkhead before the split and won 1-0 which really was the win that got us third. Hoping for a bit of deja vu now.

People are entitled to be angry about the last few performances but please keep it in perspective. Motherwell lose matches, it doesn't make the manager and all the players useless.

Personally I don't think he should have allowed the players to have a week off, since then we've been completely off the ball and I don't even think it should have come as a surprise as the game is riddled with examples of teams losing their momentum from having a break.

There may also have been an element of coasting into the final stages of the season, Top Six guaranteed, Hearts way back there somewhere, mostly likely a Dundee Utd v Celtic final therefore European qualification.

The team needs a jolt or else what should have been a very good season might be seen by short sighted elements as a huge disappointment.

People are entitled to be angry about the last few performances but please keep it in perspective. Motherwell lose matches, it doesn't make the manager and all the players useless.

Personally I don't think he should have allowed the players to have a week off, since then we've been completely off the ball and I don't even think it should have come as a surprise as the game is riddled with examples of teams losing their momentum from having a break.

There may also have been an element of coasting into the final stages of the season, Top Six guaranteed, Hearts way back there somewhere, mostly likely a Dundee Utd v Celtic final therefore European qualification.

The team needs a jolt or else what should have been a very good season might be seen by short sighted elements as a huge disappointment.

That is not truw for a couple of reasons. Ok we are seven points ahead but the next game we have is Celtic away when Hearts have Killie at home. We better hope that the Killie players want to show JJ a couple of things as I know what fixture I would rather have out of the two. All this might be academic anyway as St Johnstone might push Hearts out of the top 6.

players and managers are judged game by game and your only as good as your last result

See, not everyone agrees with that. I tend to judge players and manager on their recent performances (i.e 10 or so matches), taking into account how shite/great they can be and working out whether or not they are likely to continue on the slump/good run of form. Then i get all angry or happy. It sounds like a math equation but really, it just comes from a hunch.

Plus the fact that I followed Motherwell long enough to know that a couple of results means fuck all. Weren't folk writing off the season and resigned to a bottom 6 finish in December?

That's why I don't get worked up about bad performances if the team are generally doing well. Aye might be frustrating and dissapointing but I don't think it warrants the torrents of vicious abuse that some folk dish out. Nothing wrong with criticism or discussion of the problems were having but the nasty shit just isny neccessary.

Even if we implode and finish 6th brown still deserves a hell of a lot of credit for the job he's done since he took over. Certainly wouldn't be immune from criticism but when I think of the best Motherwell teams I've watched in my time like the cup winning team with likes of Cooper, Boyd, young Phil O'Donnell, the 93-95 vintage with top players like McKinnon, Lambert, Sieb, Tommy Coyne, the first season under McGhee etc if you wracked your brain or checked the old match reports you wouldn't be short of chronically poor abject performances in there.

So despite people being entitled to be frustrated and disappointed when we play really poorly I do wonder why they aren't a bit more used to it even when times are pretty good. It happens and if we replaced Brown with Cappello it'd still happen. Hopefully we shall arrest the slide, at least hold of Hearts for 5th and get the cup final we need to get into europe and be bloody delighted at the season we've had rather than feeling like we've let slip a great opportunity at the end of the season.

Sadly we have few players who are capable of performing well eack week. If we did they would be performing at a higher level than Motherwell. Take JoB for example. In recent weeks he has been tearing defences apart but against DundeeU and Falkirk it just wasn't happening for him. I'm sure he will recover his form soon because just as good runs don't last forever neither do bad runs.

The fact we went 12 games unbeaten is remarkable but it was never going to last and the inevitable dip in form has happened. We just need to hope that we come out of it in time to cement 5th place at least and then look forward to Europe.

We just need to hope that we come out of it in time to cement 5th place at least and then look forward to Europe.

Hibs are 3 points ahead with 6 games to play, form has been worse than ours and its easily conceivable that we could get 4th place and guarantee European football on merit opposed to results going our way in the cup.

Its a bit defeatist to settle for 5th at this stage in the season.