2010 / 11 Season Ticket Deal Expectations

Steve Diggle

What are we expecting here?

My thoughts are - prices frozen again, another early bird deal and potentially the chance to pay by installments (the only change from last year). Same as, basically.

Anyone expecting anything else?

A reduction in price, more cup games, addition of friendlies, heated seats, grass on the park, hot and cold running masseurs, bring yer granny?

Seriously not sure about whether to renewl, I have lost the buzz towards the end of the season, and have only been to see the team 2 or 3 times under Brown. Despite the good results, I much preferred to see a team full of young players under Gannon.

Tenner a match would encourage me to renew; which I think represents a fair price, and perhaps would encourage more to go.

Purely due to the fact they already introduced an installment deal for the half season tickets at Christmas there, I'm fully expecting there to be a similar option for the full season ones this year. Also would be expecting, as mentioned, prices frozen and early bird incentives. Would be commercial suicide to increase season ticket prices the way the economy is and that fact that the arse is already falling out of the Scottish game at an alarming rate. A suitable and sufficient playable surface would of course be an added bonus.

Tenner a match would encourage me to renew; which I think represents a fair price, and perhaps would encourage more to go.

The whole 'tenner a match' thing was discussed in another thread, but it would certainly seem to be a more realistic price.

I doubt it would happen though, so a price freeze and an installent deal is the best we can hope for.

The instalment of season tickets payments is there because i paid for 3 season tickets using it.The company is called zebra finance i have 2 adult tickets and a juve for the east stand and pay £60 per month for 9 or 10 months and i will be doing it this year again so go to the ticket office and ask as i had to ask as the club dont make it aware that you can pay it up .

The instalment of season tickets payments is there because i paid for 3 season tickets using it.The company is called zebra finance i have 2 adult tickets and a juve for the east stand and pay £60 per month for 9 or 10 months and i will be doing it this year again so go to the ticket office and ask as i had to ask as the club dont make it aware that you can pay it up .

What was the interest rate on it?

In these difficult economic times it would be good for all clubs to offer installment payments, particularly for those taking the family along. I know some SPL clubs, Hibs for example, do it. Actually, it would be nice down here too. I'm not looking forward to justifying to the wife the £750 that will be taken from our account in July. It gets harder each year.

What was the interest rate on it?

To me that's the interesting point as from memory the rates with the zebra mob were steep - more than your standard credit card charges, where as the half season deal was much more affordable.

Surely all SPL clubs should be pushing for a discounted rate via the Clydesdale Bank. That way the clubs still get the money up front, the bank make some money off the interest charged, the SPL smells of roses as for once fans aren't totally ripped off!

Pay in installments is the big one for me... interest free (would be nice), although a reasonable % rate would do fine.

The problem with this is the interest rate without a doubt.

What if the interest rate pushes the total cost of the ticket above what you would pay coming through the gate?

The difference in both isn't that much to be honest, and that's just if you buy your book in a one-off payment.

Unless something incredibly enticing is introduced, i'll be keeping to my pattern of picking & choosing my games.

Which is a shame really, as i'd like to be there every second week.

Fuck paying interest rates, I was talking about the three month interest free installments they done for the half season tickets only a few months ago. The club have kinda set a precedent by doing that I feel.

Yeah, i'm kind of hoping for that myself to be honest.

If they freeze prices, or even offer an early sign up offer, i'd definately be interested if the installments were interest free.

if i bought my 3 tickets it would have cost £560.70 cash and for going with zebra finance it cost me £604.51 so it cost me £43.81 for taking it direct debit but that was for 3 tickets. I supose you would get charged less for 1 or 2 tickets

Using one of those online loan calculators, I came up with the following;

According to the Zebra website, they offer the loan for season books over 10 months, and i've used the 19.9% interest rate that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

For one regular adult season ticket for the Cooper stand, you're looking at a monthly repayment of £31.71.

This would total £317, with you paying an extra £27 in interest.

I'd hope for a reduction in prices across the board including PATG prices topping out at £15

Making Fir Park the cheapest by far

East stand adult around £240

I'd accept £230 for renewing an adult ticket in the East

we've been turned over this season only getting 18 SPL games and that needs to be acknowledged

edit: :lol:

Get an interest free credit card and fire it on that!

Exactly why we are in a recession. Not the place I know.

I would like to see a small reduction, even if its £5-£10. I think its only fair given the facilities and the state of the pitch. I don't see pay at the gate prices changing.