• Ross Forbes vs St Johnstone 15/08/09
    • Ross Forbes vs Inverness 22/09/09
    • Jamie Murphy vs Hamilton 07/11/09
    • Jim O'Brien vs Kilmarnock 16/01/10
    • Tom Hateley vs Rangers 10/02/10
    • Jin O'Brien vs Hearts 13/03/10
    • Lukas Jutekiwicz v Hibs 5/5/10
    • Another goal

As POTY awards have been dished out before the end of the season, I was wondering what folk on here considered our goal of the season. I have included a poll with nine of the goals that stick out im my head but less spectacular goals have meant more to us i.e. Saunders strike yesterday hence why I have included 'another goal' option. So what is your favourite and why?

My own is Ross Forbes vs St Johnstone on the first day of the season. What a strike and for me highlighted the fighting spirit and talent we have right through the team.....as well as the expectation we all had for the season ahead. After that day I was saying that I thought I had seen the goal of the season already. Tom Hateley's free kick was immense but I'm going for Forbes' strike due to the angle he hit it from. Truly spectatcular and I hope he regains the confidence he showed at the start of this season. The lad has some left foot on him.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My own is Ross Forbes vs St Johnstone on the first day of the season. What a strike and for me highlighted the fighting spirit and talent we have right through the team.....as well as the expectation we all had for the season ahead.

I remember saying to people after our Euro run that Forbes was so good that he would be bossing the Scotland midfield in a couple of years time. After that goal it was almost like - see, told you. Was in the end perhaps a bit too much pressure the expectations he set himself as I doubt I will be alone with this kind of tale.

Forbes' against St Johnstone for me. It feels like an age ago now. I went absolutely mental.

Hateley's against them was a cracker as well. Jonny and I surrounded by Rangers fans in Dundee Union going mental.

Murphy vs Accies

Never knew the boy had that kind of shot on him. Just came from no where.

Agreed it was a peach. Sadly for us, he only shows that form almost every game when he is wearing the Scotland shirt. I tell ye, if he showed even half his form at Motherwell than he does for Scotland we have a real star (again) on our books.