Goals From Yesterday[cert 18]

postiejim

Anyone see the Motherwell Times Exclusive:

Motherwell FC's whole team in 'bribe' allegation

High flying Motherwell FC has reportedly agreed to take a £2.54 bribe to lose at least four goals on Saturday.

The Motherwell Times says it has video of the defence and management team making a deal in the East on Friday.

Mr Brown is quoted as saying they feared for their safety at the time. "We met in a hotel, chatting about Spanish mortgages, we thought they were mafia, we asked them for soap in a hope the deal may break down" There is no suggestion Motherwell FC thrown or fixed a match before.

This won't be popular but Ruddy culpable for 3 of the 4 goals, his positioning was miles out what was he thinking being so far out, although the defence didn't help.

At risk of polarising this discussion Fraser would be crucified for that kind of display.

Massive improvement needed or wednesday, I can see wee Archie Knox letting them know whats required in no uncertain terms.

You're probably right Fraser would have been crucified as in my opinion he would then have been at least partly to blame for 8 out of the last 9 goals we've lost while not making too many saves. Ruddy definitely had an off day yesterday but he's proved time and again that he's a quality keeper so that's why he's avoided the type of critisism that Fraser has had. Pretty simple when you think about it.

You're probably right Fraser would have been crucified as in my opinion he would then have been at least partly to blame for 8 out of the last 9 goals we've lost while not making too many saves. Ruddy definitely had an off day yesterday but he's proved time and again that he's a quality keeper so that's why he's avoided the type of critisism that Fraser has had. Pretty simple when you think about it.

I see where your coming from, however Ruddy has been out for a few games and it showed yesterday, the same leeway was never shown to Fraser when he came in for his first game since the early europa league games which naturally would affect his confidene which is crucial for a 'Keepers decision making process.

Personally I'd get a shuttering joiner in to board up our goals on wednesday night.

Watch it again craigan is "involved" in 3 of the four goals.Giving players too much space mc geady goes by him like hes not there and losing the header for the 3rd. Bit harsh but its no all ruddys fault either.

I think it's harsh to blame him for anything other than the 2nd goal which he should have done better at. OK, he was off his line at the first but not many players could have made that chip over him.

What exactly he was supposed to do for the third and fourth goals, I'm not sure.

There is too much finger pointing these days as if perfection is the very least expected.

There is too much finger pointing these days as if perfection is the very least expected.

:lol: Yep, got that right but that's why we get finger pointing whenever the current boo-boy target isn't at fault, to show that shit happens like that. Obviously that then gets taken the wrong way and some consider it harsh to blame the most recent culprit. Forget the blame culture and just get on with it. Far too much spent overanalysing (if that's a word) things.

Ruddy reminds me of big Sieb, prone to the odd moment of madness (however more infrequent and no bar swinging - as yet). There have been a few howlers this season, lets not forget, before he was subbed against Falkirk his last game was Dundee Utd away and there was a couple of crazy moments. However he has pulled off a couple of amazing saves that conservatively have given us an extra 10 points this season at least even if he has cost us some, keepers are always going to attract extra criticism due to their role. I think the issue with him over Fraser is that he commands his box and nobody is in any doubt of that certainly not the defence, remember Reynolds reaction when a ball was played over his head and ended up going out for a corner. I still feel that little pang of angst when a high ball is floating in the box when Fraser is playing. As I've said before on here, when Ruddy is in between the sticks when the ball is played I'm already looking to see who's free on the halfway line.

Fraser has attracted unfair criticism, but he's had big boots to fill and despite being injured I think you can still be coached and absorb advice on positioning and technique. However goalkeeping is all about confidence and you get that from pulling off a few saves. Despite being against Falkirk and 4,000 fans can't say his heart wasn't pumping 10 to the dozen.