Motherwell Vs Hibernian

LadywellToi

A wee snippet from a Hibs online match thread... :evilgrin:

At 2-4:

"It's not won yet, and I mean that entirely seriously. We need to score at least two more and keep it tight at the back."

"By the look of things we may need 7 laugh.gif "

At 3-6:

"Still got a bad feeling about this... we need 7 to be safe."

"We need a couple of more goals to shuggle it home!"

At 5-6

I'll take a point now!!! Cannot believe I just typed that. Only Hibs. ONLY HIBS!!!!"

"I'm ****tin ma self"

"I can't take much more of this. I'm going to the toilet to hang masel..."

"My hands are shaking, 4 minutes. Hughes is a complete c.unt."

"How long to go? Is it over yet?"

Immediately following the equalizer:

"ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

"Me and my boy are now finished with Hibs!"

"Really tired of all this. Too many heartbreaks over the years to mention."

"ta ta Yogi you absolute dickhead and thicko"

"Why the hell is Hughes laughing?"

"I'd rather start renting my arse for smack money that go back. Honestly."

Hugh McDonald's article in the Herald today (clicky) summed it all up quite nicely: "Motherwell celebrated as if they had walked away from a serious car crash."

Other highlights:

"It was similar to Marco van Basten’s goal against Russia in the 1988 European Championships. Only better. The Dutchman, after all, was playing on a football pitch. The Motherwell striker was playing on one leg and a sandy outcrop in Lanarkshire."

"It was an evening of turbulent emotions for [Colin Nish]. He scored a hat trick yet ended the match with the sensation that every time he turned round Motherwell had scored. This was because every time he turned round, Motherwell had scored."

Hugh McDonald's article in the Herald today (clicky) summed it all up quite nicely: "Motherwell celebrated as if they had walked away from a serious car crash."

Other highlights:

"It was similar to Marco van Basten’s goal against Russia in the 1988 European Championships. Only better. The Dutchman, after all, was playing on a football pitch. The Motherwell striker was playing on one leg and a sandy outcrop in Lanarkshire."

"It was an evening of turbulent emotions for [Colin Nish]. He scored a hat trick yet ended the match with the sensation that every time he turned round Motherwell had scored. This was because every time he turned round, Motherwell had scored."

On a similar note, teh final line in his match report did raise a smile:

"Motherwell would not be denied, however, and Jutkiewicz latched onto a long ball and thrashed the ball from a difficult angle. A smoke bomb then exploded in a corner of the ground. Either that or some poor hack's keyboard self-combusted."

does anyone else get annoyed when the fourth official tries to stop Gordon Young (I think) going down to celebrate with the players at about 22 seconds in that video? Piss aff ya wee tink. Rips my nut that and when they tell managers to get back inside the technical area. What does it even matter?

Had completely forgotten I had a few videos from Wednesday night!!

Anyone who knows me will probably notice I'm at the complete opposite end of the East Stand than normal. That's because my plan to leave at 6-2 was interupted when I went for a piss during which we scored, resulting in us (thankfully) ditching the exit plan!

Started filming this while the players were just making their way back to their own half following the celebrations. The observant amongst you will notice that the last video was taken from the back stand and this from the front... :evilgrin: Also a cameo from the steward you picked up my phone after I dropped it!!

And the traditional lap of honour at the end of season.