What Was Better?

mikeecee

Tonight. Celebrations like that at the 6th goal tonight dont come around too often and that feeling when the ball hit the back of the net is something that Old Firm fans can only dream of. Reminds me why even though 95% of the time supporting a small provincial club means watching mediocre football week in week out its worth the wait for something like tonight.

Money in the hat for a contract for Jutkiewicz anyone?

Have been thinking about this and tonight was better because it means we are now in witth a great chance of finishing fourth.

Best four games for me are:

'91 Cup final

'91 Cup Semi final replay

Tonight

2-1 win over Celtic That Sunday.

For me tonight was better than Skippy Sunday. For the sheer fact it was the greatest comeback I've seen any team make. I'm 30 years old, went to my first 'Well match just after starting primary 1, so that's a good 25 years of watching football at Fir Park as well as countless games from around the world on tv, and that was the greatest comeback I've seen.

Also, as good as it was to completely fuck one of the old firm, tonight meant something for Motherwell Football Club.

Have been thinking about this and tonight was better because it means we are now in witth a great chance of finishing fourth.

Best four games for me are:

'91 Cup final

'91 Cup Semi final replay

Tonight

2-1 win over Celtic That Sunday.

I was at all of those games too. All undisputedly some of the greatest games in our club's history. But may I respectfully suggest you change your list to a top 5 with the fifth game being the CIS Semi at Easter Rd versus Hearts because that was a fucking awesome night. Certainly better than Skippy Sunday and probably tonight.

Think tonight to be honest. Celebrations were wild and of those seen once in a blue moon, amazing and something magical.

Skippy Sunday by a country mile. Lest it be forgotten in the biggest game of the season we capitulated spectacularly in the first hour and missed another penalty! The players deserve praise for the comeback but what happened up to our 3rd goal will give me nightmares forever.

We drew.

I'm not sure anyone quite realizes this.

We threw away a great chance to clinch a European spot.

We conceded 6 goals to a team with 2 wins in 16 games.

I'd understand the jizzfest if we got a 7th, but jesus, folk. Calm the fuck down.

Skippy Sunday will aways live long in the memory but at the end of the day meant absolutely nothing to MFC. Plus the fact that Gerry Britton was in that team will give me nightmares forever.

The point earned last night could potentially have earned us a European slot for the 3rd season in a row. Ok I'd rather we had scraped a shitty 1 nil win but to keep coming back again and again was absolutely awsome. How many teams would have just chucked it in the first half. The emotion of getting the penalty and then missing it sums up the Motherwell rollercoaster perfectly for me, it just doesn't happen with any other team does it!? For that alone last night wins it hands down for me.

Remember, it's still in our hands.

Mon the Well!

Skippy Sunday.

The filthy hordes brought their bile to our ground to win the league and we pulled the rug from under their feet. The thought of them celebrating winning the league at Fir Park gives me the boak. Instead, we sickened them in the most spectacular fashion leaving them stunned, distraught and openly weeping.

Always raises a smile.

Fitzy’s goal in th CIS semi was one of the wildest celebrations I have ever seen. Probably only bettered by the 91 semi replay against Celtic.

At Fir Park there has been a few memorable celebrations over the years. I remember the Vander Gagg free kick also sparked crazy celebrations.

Maybe Yabba could do a montage of the best ones!

There isn't a contest for me, 22/05/05 wins hands down. Had we won last night I might have said different but the reality is that we drew a game that we really had to win. Of course the manner in which we drew was nothing short of phenominal, but in the cold light of day it's somewhat galling that we scored six goals at home and didn't win, defended like schoolboys and missed yet another penalty.

Trucks I mind when you used to be quite funny, but now you're just irritating and tiresome. Wise up, so fuck if we drew, we came back from 6-2 down to equalise in the 92nd minute of the biggest game of the season with one of the goals of the decade! You've no right to tell people to calm the fuck down after that!

Skippy Sunday without a shadow of a doubt, although it was a great comeback and if we had won 7-6 I'd change my tune but in the end we drew a match where if we'd have won we'd have guaranteed 4th, leaves me with a bit of disappointment more than anything else, still it was a cracking nights entertainment.