steelboy

i think tonight proves that as a club we can never implement the price cuts that certain posters on here are constantly bleating on about. just over 6000 with probably a 1000 weans who came for a laugh.

the fact is there will always be people wanting to talk pish about fitba on the internet who will never be up for actually paying to watch a game that could be shite or could be a classic. look about motherwell on a weekly basis and you'll see guys with plenty of money for pints, horses, puggies, ching, takeaways and clobber. the difference between 20 or 15 quid won't seal the deal, it's the time commitment that bothers folk more than the money.

cuttting prices at fir park is never going to work. there are no fans out to entice. anyone who wants a good team on the park is going to have to pay for it.

I think that figure is wrong, seemed to me a lot more than 6,000 in that ground tonight.

I thought that myself, was very surprised at that figure. East Stand was packed to the Sally's, with very good attendances in the Cooper and POD. Hibs away support was pishflaps though...

East Stand was busy but not 'Anywhere' near full.

Cooper and POD had decent turn outs as well.

I would have said around the 7,000 - 7,500 mark.

no chance.

even with 6500 well fans you'd need an average of 2160ish in home each stand.

does anyone know the capacity of each stand?

no chance.

even with 6500 well fans you'd need an average of 2160ish in home each stand.

does anyone know the capacity of each stand?

Mibbies aye, mibbies naw.............

Going back to your original post, I know of a couple of weans (who came for a laugh) who will be season ticket holders next season.

Worked for my generation.............. (No pun intended)

What was affected tonight was the walk up pay at the gate income. Tonight's initiative didn't affect ST holders numbers or experience other than to boost the odd random off their seats.

I reckon the club will be even for the night compared to what they would have earned with a £22-10 gate.

I think the major issue here is the marketing of the initiative. It could and should have been done better. How easy would it have been to say to Hibs, why not make an announcement at half time in the Hearts game. According to their forum, they found out a few days ago because one of them saw it on here.

Summer nights like that are made for football. Ditch arsing about in mid January.

We had 3544 against Dundee Utd..........6241 tonight. Not far off doubling....I'd say it worked

My point exactly. The extra bodies helped create the atmosphere in the last 20 minutes, so from that angle it also worked.

100% agree elder. the atmosphere was amazing at times tonight and i am sure it helped the players.... well maybe no the defence :P

it did feel a bit busy tonight and it was good to see things flying off the shelf in the shop too. will it continue though???

Lee

because we cut the adult prices by 45% and the u16 prices by 90% and we didn't come anywhere near doubling the gate.

Three thousand odd x 2 = Six thousand odd (rounding up like)

Calm doon a wee bit steelboy.

The initiative added to the gate and the atmosphere that was the intention. We added 2000 anyway.

Seriously people, we witnessed all that is good and all that is bad with our team in the highest ever scoring SPL game, European football still a possibility going into the last game of the season and we're squabbling over the attendance. :P

Isn't that just typical.

I'm sure the official attendance is about right, in fact I was surprised it was that high. Around me it wasn't much different. If you went five seats either side of me in my row, row in front and the row behind there was probably 7 or 8 empty seats.

Really the East Stand has to be completely full for the attendance to be 7,000+.

There was a marked difference around us which maybe gave me a skewed idea of the attendance but as said before last 3 sections of the East were rammed with folk standing up the back all game. Cooper looked more full than usual as well.

Who gives a fuck anyway, the players got nervous in front of a bigger crowd as per, relaxed when half them left and we were back to normal and those of us who stuck it out got our reward.

New stadium should have a hidden section miles away from the pitch so the players can only see empty seats down the front else we'll never win.

What was affected tonight was the walk up pay at the gate income. Tonight's initiative didn't affect ST holders numbers or experience other than to boost the odd random off their seats.

I reckon the club will be even for the night compared to what they would have earned with a £22-10 gate.

I think the major issue here is the marketing of the initiative. It could and should have been done better. How easy would it have been to say to Hibs, why not make an announcement at half time in the Hearts game. According to their forum, they found out a few days ago because one of them saw it on here.

Summer nights like that are made for football. Ditch arsing about in mid January.

The prices were announced on the official hibs website the day after they were announced on ours but you're right if they didn't know about it then it's not been pushed enough. I think you have to remember the terrible run they were/are on. That would have affected their support big time.

Whether that figure's correct or not, it's still a lot more than our average this season. Most games have been around the 4,000 mark this year so even if it was 6,000, it's still an improvement.

Besides, I got the impression it was more about creating an atmosphere last night than making money on the gate.