Dundee Utd Field Weaken Team

WilliePettigrew

It was the Falkirk game that did us. They came to our place won 1-0 and got relegated a month later.

Having said that match was really the only 'bad' result we had in the whole second half of the season so really we ought to congratulate Brown and the team for being in that position in the last day.

Just a wee stat for you,

Brown got an average of 1.83 points per game over 18 matches. If we'd managed that over the whole season we would have finished 7 points clear of Dundee Utd in 3rd place.

Gannon managed 1.17 points per game over 17 matches which over a season would have had us finish in 8th place.

To be fair Gannon gave Jack & Vic a lot of the tools to achieve 1.83 per game.

It'd be sour grapes if we moaned, I'd do the same if I was in Houston's position. It was in our hands, we blew it in a number of games over the season, but we also rode our luck in plenty and had a few questionable decisions too.

I'm more concerned at losing 13 goals in 8 days.

Congrats to the team, exceeded my expectations. Lets see some real acumen with respect to contracts and signings.

Other thing about these averages. In the 2nd cycle of games Gannon played both the OF, Hibs away, United, Aberdeen and St Johnstone. Whereas Brown got two games against St Mirren, Falkirk, Accies and Killie. So JG definitely had the harder hand. We have played the three best attacks in the last week and we shipped two late on at Celtic when we wer chasing, we lost sx to Hibs, five the cause of was ill and shouldn't have been playing and today we had an untested pairing. Aye, not very good but underlying reasons so won't be losing sleep over it.

Damn right we have a case but would be accused of sour grapes if we pursued it so best left alone. If it weren't for the fact we need Utd to win I'd be cheering on Ross County to get it right up them next week, Jimmy Calderwood coloured c***s that they are.

Damn right we have a case but would be accused of sour grapes if we pursued it so best left alone. If it weren't for the fact we need Utd to win I'd be cheering on Ross County to get it right up them next week, Jimmy Calderwood coloured c***s that they are.

correct.

To be fair Gannon gave Jack & Vic a lot of the tools to achieve 1.83 per game.

It'd be sour grapes if we moaned, I'd do the same if I was in Houston's position. It was in our hands, we blew it in a number of games over the season, but we also rode our luck in plenty and had a few questionable decisions too.

I'm more concerned at losing 13 goals in 8 days.

Congrats to the team, exceeded my expectations. Lets see some real acumen with respect to contracts and signings.

And has been discussed ad infinitum

The aims and objectives of the two managers were very different.

We can agree or disagree with their approaches but you cant disregard it as a fact - one was aiming to build longer term one was focusing game to game.

Of course we have a point, 18 home games 20 away just so the old firm are balanced and to keep Celtic happy when they had fuck all to play for, they even arranged a friendly to give season ticket holders their extra game that 2000 turned up for, total farce and for United playing a weakend team then coming out with the statement that it meant nothing smacks contempt for the game when the 2 teams below them were chasing a European spot. personally hope Ross County fuck them, we have had a great season and the european place is devalued in my opinion

It is a small league. No doubt at some point in the not too distant future Dun Utd may look to us for a 'favour'. If it doesn't suit us......sod 'em. What happened to us is something we would do ourselves.

Fingers crossed they 'help us out' at the second attempt on Saturday.

I also subscribe to the theory that the SPL had a bigger hand to play by giving us 20 away games inc 3 at Parkhead of all places....

It does still stick in the craw that Utd fielded a weaker team. It may be there prerogative but it certainly did not help us 1 iota. I hope it pays dividends this weekend, otherwise I will be on the Arabs message boards calling them what for....

Maybe next year we can repay the compliment and field an under 17's team if they are battling to get into Europe and we are playing one of their rivals.