Seasons Top Scorers

Shaka

had a wee look over the season and its pretty encouraging reading, over the years weve been desparate for defenders to chip in with goals and struggled for midfielders to score as well heaping pressure on the strikers but this season has seen a good spread

Season Top Scorers -

1. Sutton - 13

2. Jutkiewicz - 12

3. Murphy - 10

4. Forbes - 10

5. Reynolds - 4

6. Hutchinson - 4

7. O`Brien - 3

8. Coke - 2

9. Hateley - 2

10. Jennings - 2

11. McHugh - 2

12. Saunders - 1

13. Slane - 1

14. Bulvitis OG - 1

Top 5 Breakdown -

Sutton -( Europe - 2 / SPL Aug-Dec - 2 / SPL Jan-May - 9)

Jutkiewicz - ( SPL Aug-Dec - 7 / SPL Jan-May - 5)

Murphy - (Europe - 4 / SPL Aug-Dec - 1 / SPL Jan-May - 5)

Forbes - (Europe - 3 / SPL Aug-Dec - 7)

Reynolds - (SPL Aug-Dec - 2 / SPL Jan-May - 2)

Position Breakdown -

Goals Scored - 66 (+ 1og)

Strikers - 38 (Sutton,Lukas,Murphy,McHugh,Slane)

Midfield - 19 (Forbes,O`Brien,Coke,Hateley,Jennings)

Defence - 9 (Reynolds,Hutchinson,Saunders)

If we got to play four games against pub teams before the SPL season started every season, then our goalscorers chart would always look encouraging! There is only three players in that list I'd say had goal threat, and at least one of them won't be here next season. Sorry to change the tone of the thread, but I'm worried about where our goals will come from next term.

I agree, but strikers of Lukas' (not to mention 'keepers of Ruddys) quality don't grow on trees, and we haven't signed the guys you mentioned up yet, hence my worry. There is a lot to be positive about though, but it will be an important summer for us.

As far as I'm concerned, Hutchison is/will be a better centre-half than Reynolds, so I don't think we really need to replace him when he leaves as we will still have Saunders and Page in reserve. With that in mind, I'd be hoping some of the cash we get will be allowed to be spent on a goalie and a striker. If we do that, and keep the trio you mentioned then we should be good for a top-six spot again, but those are huge IFs at this stage.

Bulvitis O.G.?

When was this. Was that ICT at home in the Cup?

Quite encouraging to see Sutton was our top scorer although a couple of them did come in the Europa League qualifiers.

yip that game. And aye Sutts scored 11 in the league, 2 in europa league. 9 from january just shows how well he has done in the 2nd half of the season. Infact his strike rate is 25 goals in 60odd starts, cracking form for a striker in a "wee team"

Hutchinson was 4 goals in 8 starts from Centre Half

Ahh ofcourse - St Johnstone.....he says trying to sound convincingly like he remembers it. :huh:

I still don't to be honest, the only thing I can mind from that day is the infamous quote about juggling soup, soot or whatever the fuck it was JG said he was juggling after it.

Cheers for clearing it up though guys.

The Ya Bezzer! seasonal SPL stat spreadsheets are more or less finished, just waiting for Dundee Utd cup final result and then give them a final check over, but here is the Motherwell one if you are interested.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z2tvmmmhn4a

All the results, line ups, attendances, form, referees, weekly league positions, bookings/red cards etc etc.