Guardian's European Goal Of The Season

CambridgeDosser

I think that proves what a peach it was considering some of the teams and players it's listed with! I thought it was a peach at the time and that hasn't changed, am I still in the heat of the moment?

I think the "heat of the moment" is actually an integral part of why it's on the list -- the circumstances in which it was scored are just as important as the quality of the strike, in this case (and certainly make up for the lack of any quality build-up play!)

Exactly - a great way for teh SPL to showcase it's wares abroad but they take it down. :woop:

Up to a point -- a good number of the comments were (quite reasonably) slagging off the defending. Juke's goal apart, it was hardly a showreel of quality football (or playing surfaces!).

Anyway, I'm sure it's cheaper/fairer just to pull everything that infringes their copyright, than to do it on a case-by-case basis.

Then again, 400,000 people who ordinarily wouldn't get to see a 'Scottish' goal got to see one. I know I wouldn't have seen it if it hadn't been on You Tube

I am sure you are right that it is easier for them to pull it though. Just seems to me that YouTube etc is a GREAT way for them to promote Scottish football to teh world at large and maybe it is something they can look to exploit by creating their own channel even if it only show the goals on a weekly basis - instead they seem all-to-keen to pull it.