Away Kits

fatcalf

:doh: Cool, am I right in saying that song was made in 1968?

The blurb on the back talks about ‘during their 83 year history, they have won every honour in the Scottish football game...’ My rough calculation would make that around 1969.

I remember my Uncle bringing me home a copy to play on my Dansette record player around that time. :nod:

Is my memory playing tricks or did we not used to have a lurid purple number as our away strip in the late 70's early eighties? Am sure the kit supplier was Admiral

If we did I don’t remember it. Our main Admiral away was similar to this Bukta retro replica

Before that we had a white top with a claret and amber sash. That one was made by Umbro.

A little off topic here, but rather than start a new thread i'll just bump this in here.

Thinking of buying the home top from 94/96, y'know one of the pony yins.. but im no sure about sizing.. anybody know if there's much difference in say like this seasons top in a Large and that top in a Large?

he said all the years he went there was never a brown strip

Our shit coloured strip is referenced in a few motherwell publications. I think it was used in 2 or 3 games, think one was against Plastic thistle as our colours clashed. We did have a claret away but it clashed with there obv.

Our shit coloured strip is referenced in a few motherwell publications. I think it was used in 2 or 3 games, think one was against Plastic thistle as our colours clashed. We did have a claret away but it clashed with there obv.
maybe he had drunk to much 4 crown :lol:

he never missed a game back then so im taking his word :lol:

I dont think we really had an away strip for years, If I remember correctly one of teh principal reasons for switching to claret and amber was to avoid the numerous strip changes caused by the blue strip.

Away strips only really came into fashion with the onset of TV, anyone at a Hearts v Rangers match could tell the difference between maroon and blue but not on a black and white telly.

I also wonder when they began to get called "away strips" as a kid I always remember them being called "change" strips. I dont remember Motherwell changing strips too often but they did, on occasion, change shorts from white to claret or amber.