Official Club Charter To Iceland: Confirmed

Guest 'Flow

Guest 'Flow

Motherwell Football Club are pleased to announce that it will charter a flight to the Europa League 2nd Qualifying Round, Second Leg clash with Breiðablik.

Slightly different to originally planned, the charter will depart Glasgow at approximately 9am on Wednesday 21st, returning to Glasgow from Reykjavík on Thursday 22nd July, after the match, at approximately midnight.

There is currently availability if you wish to travel, although this will be strictly limited to 120 seats.

The inclusive price is £420, sold on a first-come-first-served basis, and includes:

• Flights direct from Glasgow to Iceland with the team and club officials.
  • Transfer to city centre location in Reykjavík on arrival.
  • Transfers from an agreed city centre location, by bus, to the stadium on the day of the match.
  • Match ticket for the big game.

Not included in the price:

• Accommodation is not included however we are currently working with a travel partner to get a preferential city centre hotel rate exclusively for Motherwell fans.
  • Transfers to and from Glasgow Airport.
  • Personal Travel Insurance.

If you are interested in booking a seat on the flight, contact Wilma Marshall now on 01698 338062 or email commercial@motherwellfc.co.uk.

Please have the following information ready when you book:

Name:

DOB:

Passport number:

Issue date:

Expiry date:

Nationality:

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...&Itemid=136

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

We have really tried to price this trip as affordably as we possibly can.

You'll be interested to know that we have not loaded the costs in any way to cover players and officials as this would have put the cost well out of reach at nearly £600 a seat before transfers and match tickets!

We are trying to encourage you to come along but I accept that it may well be out of reach for some supporters.

We could have gone on scheduled airlines however the benefits to the team of a direct flight are such that we decided to charter an aircraft and encourage you all to join us.

I hope you can.

Leeann

I agree, it's a very good deal at such short notice, and will no doubt appeal to a number of fans who were interested but would've liked an overnight stay. Good that they are guaranteed a match ticket and transfers to the stadium.

Sure it'll be a sell out.

Would love to have done this again, did it twice previously for Finland and the Faroes and it's a great experience.

Take a tent and you're sorted!

Guest 'Flow

Sorry about the bounces guys!

Without going into too much detail, since the demise of our IT company Adventi, we've been changing a lot of IT stuff over! We have to transfer some email data today which was unavoidable and it's caused some downtime.

Brainy people are working on it though and hopefully we'll be back up soon! I'll post to notify the second it is back up and running!

Still sufficient space left so don't worry, you won't miss out...

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Emails all up again, apologies for the delay.

Wilma and Diane are waiting to take your calls and emails on 01698 333 333 or commercial@motherwellfc.co.uk

Travel with the team, management and club officials on the only direct flight from Glasgow. This is our third year of organising these trips and we will use all our experience to make this adventure even more memorable for all so come and join us, I can guarantee it will exciting.

Steelboy

We have agreed an allocation of 300 tickets and as before, Uefa regulations require us to detail those who purchase and obviously those on the official charter are included in this.

For those travelling independently then I would urge that you purchase a ticket from us directly meaning we will have details collected. If fans decide to travel without tickets and to purchase whilst there then the club can only request that you purchase before travel. I am fairly certain the 300 will cover all those fans who wish to travel and if not, then I am confident we can arrange additional supply.

What I would say is that last year in Albania and Romania and for those who travelled independently we appealled for contact details so that we knew as much as we could about who travelled. By the same token we activly circulated club mobile numbers to everyone we could so that in the event they needed information or help, we were onsite to assist where possible.

Just common sense really.

Leeann

Just common sense really.

Leeann

Leeann, this comment shows that you haven't been at the club long as it certainly hasn't always been guaranteed! ;)

I have to say I am very, very impressed by how quickly the charter has been put together, at a reasonable price, and how well it has been communicated by yourself and 'Flow. I think the club were caught a bit cold with Nancy but the added experience of the Euro trips last year has got it running like a well-oiled machine, and qualifying this year has given the club a chance to show how they have come on leaps and bounds in the last couple of years.

I know fans, myself included, are always quick to mump and moan when anyone at MFC makes a mess of anything, so I think credit should be given where it's due. 'Flow and Leeann -> :evilgrin:

would love to go but for a family of four too expensive. We'll just need to wait and see who we get in the next round!!

Cost is always the main factor when considering whether to go on any trip. That and accessibility.

I have decided to go on this trip primarily because if we get through to the 3rd qualifying round (here's hoping!) there are at the moment only 2-3 potential ties I would consider going to and that would include Circle Brugge and Gothenburg. The rest forget it........

Essentially this looks at the moment the most do-able trip for Europe of the two rounds.....

Ideally we would get to the 4th qualifying round and get PSV Eindhoven or equivalent, but since when have Motherwell done what was either expected or hoped for :evilgrin: