Marky Reynolds!

Motherwell89

Why not?In a few years time the SPL will be a 3 or 4 horse race and not just a 2

Seriously? You can see a scenario in the next few years where we are SPL Champions or playing in a Champions League Qualifier? If there was a four horse race going for the title we wouldn't be in that either. Even when we finished 3rd we were out of the title picture come New Years. You REALLY see us being in a realistic position of winning the SPL come March or April in any season in the next few years. I don't. If anybody will be it will be Hibs and Dun Utd.....and I am 99% convined we won't see that in a good while either. Rangers might be in a sorry state and out of the title picture altogether in a couple of years but Celtic aren't. I fully expect Celtic to have the SPL Title in the bag by March this time round. As long as they continue to splash the cash like they have this summer (and we can critique the quality of their signings but we would have the majority of them at Fir Park in a shot) and pay the wages they do, then the best a club like ours can hope for is 3rd (I have no issues with that and it doesn't affect my supporting the team as every year I think we have a chance at one of the Cups. That is enough for me). That isn't so much as being realistic but obvious. The 'big two' are just way too big for us (and everybody else for that matter)......and I don't see Celtic being as daft to get themselves in the state Rangers have.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not like we haven't finished 1st or second before :P hearts where the last team to split the old firm, but before that it was us wasn't it! ;) with the right mix of support, talent and management its not impossible to achieve something. Time and time again its proven that big wages and money doesn't always make a good team!

I wish I had the same all encompassing understanding of exactly how much money each club gets from each round and how that all works.

Its not football manager.

its not like we haven't finished 1st or second before :P hearts where the last team to split the old firm, but before that it was us wasn't it! ;) with the right mix of support, talent and management its not impossible to achieve something. Time and time again its proven that big wages and money doesn't always make a good team!

I'd say in Scottish Football those things have guaranteed the league title every year in the last 20 odd. Even with Rangers gubbed financially they still blow 10 of their competitors away in this respect.

I wish I had the same all encompassing understanding of exactly how much money each club gets from each round and how that all works.

nothing to do with fm, end of last season brown said every place earns you an extra 100k! 12 places so just assuming that's what it is.. doubt it would be more tbh

Not really finaly, they have had good teams aswell not just money.. money can get you a good team but I am saying you can have a good team without money aswell... a good team spirit, support and tactics can take even average players far.

nothing to do with fm, end of last season brown said every place earns you an extra 100k! 12 places so just assuming that's what it is.. doubt it would be more tbh

Not really finaly, they have had good teams aswell not just money.. money can get you a good team but I am saying you can have a good team without money aswell... a good team spirit, support and tactics can take even average players far.

Not one that can win the SPL you can't. Not in today's football.

It tells you on the SPL website how much money you get. Also the SPL tell Football Manager what to do with regards to Financial details as they are a Partner of the game. ;)

Still doesn't stop Everton getting first rights to the database though :(

Well..

90K for wining a Europa Game in QR1,2,3 and then 100k for play offs then 1,000,000 for group stages ;) (i think)

Finish 5th last season not sure what its worth but I would imagine more than finishing out of the top 6!

It was more this. I'd be amazed if the club made any significant amounts of money from the Europa league.

Prize Money (sorry in Euros)

* 1st qualifying round: 90.000 €

* 2nd qualifying round: 90.000 €

* 3rd qualifying round: 90.000 €

* Playoffs: 90.000 €

* Group stage: 1.000.000 €

* Group match victory: 140.000 €

* Group match draw: 70.000 €

* 1st knock out round: 200.000 €

* 2nd knock out round: 300.000 €

* Quarter-finals: 400.000 €

* Semi-finals: 700.000 €

* Final: 2.000.000 €

* Winning the final: 1.000.000 €

Then you add on the TV market per round, and since the BBC or anyone gave jack shit about the Second Round that is next to nothing (whatever Beeb gave us for radio coverage).

last season 3x 90k or 6x not sure if its per leg or per round (you get 90k for playing in a tie) in QR1,2,3. + extra revenue from the games! sure their is much much more to it as well... last season I read qualifying for Europe is a huge boost to the club financially.

Surely paying for flights/accomodation/admin takes a chunk out of that? Obviously having 2/3 games where we're selling chunks of the stadium helps I suppose.

One thing is for sure - whatever we earn from Europe will be more than Killie, St Mirren and Accies et al.

Dare to dream that we can see off Breidablik and Aalesunds and then get a glamour draw in the play off rounds, which realistically if we get that far will be as far as we go! As a club we could earn 270,000 Euros + gate money of circa 22,000 (Home gates 6000, 6000 + 10,000 maybe more if we got L'Pool) = £200k + possible TV revenue.

A lot of people talk about SPL being our bread and butter and IT IS, but the Europa League could see us get anywhere between minimum of £120k+ to max £1m+. The latter WOULD make a huge difference to the squad this year.

Back on subject. Reynolds at times looks like a class apart, but he still has the odd blunder, as do all defenders. I reckon he will go and hopefully for no less than £4-500k. But if he stays then so be it. We have a solid central defender for the upcoming season and he did extend his contract in the hope we got some money.

The problem with Reynolds is he isn't really any better now than he was in his first full season.

He is a decent player but he still has the same little flaws in his game and hasn't really ironed them out over the years.

To me he's stalled between levels. Good enough for the SPL, not good enough to push for international caps or really attract teams to come after him.

just my opinion, Reynolds needs to get away. I think we have taken him as far as we can, and a fresh start at a new club could improve him. suppose it depends on the club. although you can bet if he is still here in January there will be a 50k bid from the old firm for him.

I also fancy seeing a Craigan and Hutchinson partnership as soon as, Hutchison has looked a cracking player so far, just hope he is now fully healed.

ps Motherwell89 - keep the faith buddy, don't let the knockers deter you. We all dream of the well lifting any trophy, we just aren't as vocal.

just my opinion, Reynolds needs to get away. I think we have taken him as far as we can, and a fresh start at a new club could improve him. suppose it depends on the club. although you can bet if he is still here in January there will be a 50k bid from the old firm for him.

I also fancy seeing a Craigan and Hutchinson partnership as soon as, Hutchison has looked a cracking player so far, just hope he is now fully healed.

ps Motherwell89 - keep the faith buddy, don't let the knockers deter you. We all dream of the well lifting any trophy, we just aren't as vocal.

:whistling::lol::lol:

It tells you on the SPL website how much money you get. Also the SPL tell Football Manager what to do with regards to Financial details as they are a Partner of the game. :whistling:

Still doesn't stop Everton getting first rights to the database though :lol:

Dose that mean stuff like player wages etc is correct aswell :lol:

We paid £2K a week for Yassin. This was confirmed in game as a guess between me and the Charlton Researcher then confirmed at the last Charlton AGM.

Despite my attempts, wages are not perfect for Motherwell as our club are not the most forthcoming with this info. They are as close to as, without getting confirmation from the club as they can be. There are certain clubs that are correct, of which the top of my head are Dundee United (their club are forward coming), Inter Milan, AC Milan and Everton (the latter three because of their deals with Sports Interactive.

Everton also have a deal that they get to see the player database and attributes before any other club. They paid a 6 figure some for that privliage.

Anyway that is off topic, Ya Bezzer summed up Reynolds in his first line at post, although I wouldn't say he's not good enough to push for an international cap, but getting in front of McManus, Caldwell, Berra and Webster (probably) is another question altogether.