Where Are Our New 3 Loan Signings?

WilliePettigrew

Pa Broon said he was hoping to add 3 loan signing to our squad and was waiting on a few phone calls last Monday. Has his phone been cut off cause we've heard nothing!

I read in another interview at the weekend that he wasn't expecting anything of note to happen, in or out, until the last week of the transfer window (or maybe it was the wek befor the SPL season).

no point paying wages for 4 weeks if you haven't got a game. If we get knocked out of the Europa league in Iceland then there is a fair wait with no money coming in.

I am sure the Juke :whistling: and 2 other loan signings will appear before the first game.

lee

What about trying to get those players match fit and training with their new team mates in preparation for the new season. That not matter? Why don't all teams just wait till August 13th then sign who they want then?

it's the times we live in. If the player has a club, he will be getting fit there

Brown said it himself teams will wait until the last minute to sign someone.

not saying it is right, but hey ho.

Lee

No it isn't. Plenty other teams (Premiership to SPL to First Division) have alreay secured loan deals. I'd say managers (ours in particular as loans in this climate are now our main 'stars' and we can't be too picky) would want to put their squad together as quickly as possible to help them gel before the competitve domestic matches start. I'd imagine Brown meant Clubs won't swoop for Reynolds till near the window closes due to not him not being as high profile as he was and clubs who can sign him have enough money to see if they can get better for the same cash or cheaper.

When Reynolds had a bit more of a higher profile (after season 2007-2008), Walter Smith tried to sign him almost straight after the season had finished. Those days have sadly gone. It would appear some people believe he hasn't progressed as he should have in those two years. Hindsight is a science and all that but maybe we should have sold him to Rangers for £1,000,000 when that offer came in. My guess is that the club expected him to progress more and by this stage we would be looking at bids above the amount Rangers offered. Some you win, some you lose.

He'll get his move. It either won't be to as an attractive a club as he hoped or it won't be for as much as we hoped. Could even be both but I'd suggest we the club will take the hit.