Alesund

pbruce

I can't remember in which thread, but someone here asked about the age of the plastic pitch in Aalesund. It was installed 3 years ago.

Our previous stadium was situated on top of the town hill. The pitch was a mix of grass and mud. So was one of the stands.

This video shows some of the unique football interest in this town:

You can see the grass-and-mud stand at 00:55. Its blueberries were complimentary.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember in which thread, but someone here asked about the age of the plastic pitch in Aalesund. It was installed 3 years ago.

Our previous stadium was situated on top of the town hill. The pitch was a mix of grass and mud. So was one of the stands.

This video shows some of the unique football interest in this town:

You can see the grass-and-mud stand at 00:55. Its blueberries were complimentary.

Excellent video and really looks like the whole town is behind the club, shame we dont see that sort of community spirit in Scotland.

Still, cant wait to be in a pub in Alesund come Wednesday night :rolleyes::D

Weather update: Today the skies are blue and the sun is doing its job very well making it a fantastic day !

For the next few days it is supposed to be a little more cloudy but still good conditions. My personal guess is quite nice weather since the breeze is coming from the south :)

Aafk has a injury free squad, and are looking sharp on their trainings. Hope they all will shine like the sun on thursday ! B-)

Remember one thing when you come to Aalesund: If you want to know something, dont be afraid to ask someone. Most people are more than willing to help you and talks decent english.

Well, I can now reveal some of Aalesund's plans for tomorrow's match:

our lads will be disguised as Scotsmen in order to totally confuse the opposision:

http://fotball.smp.no/uefa/article175392.ece

Seriously, we welcome our esteemed guests, and expect a good, mixed crowd in the supporter tent tonight and tomorrow from noon, with local acts performing as well as Motherwell chants blasting from the speakers:

http://www.smp.no/nyheter/article251924.ece

The "party general" pictured here says there will be around 100 Scots who have promised to bring their kilts! Yayyyyyyyy!!!!! :D