Aalesund Fans!

Psycho1991

The noise wasnt that great on thursday night due to the allocation of seats.

What i mean is the usual singers could not sit together as someone had bought a seat within the 'singing' end, therefore, there was no solid singing unit sitting together.

Also, there was alot of 'part-time' motherwell fans there that dont have the same passion. Are you likely to get up and sing if the others round about you are talking about what there missing on tv?

pride'

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would it not be an idea to start the season 2 weeks earlier and have a 2 week break in jan/feb?give the euro teams an early start so they've at least played a game or 2 and have a short break during what's likely to be the worst weather,also giving the pitches a chance.

Christmas/New Year break for me but agree with the rest of your post

Hello, Motherwellians!

I am now back home in Aalesund after a great vacation in Scotland, and I would just like to say hello to everyone I met in the Electric Bar and especially Jack Daniels before and after the game! You know who you are! And some of you are missing a scarf, others a shirt! A rugby shirt, that is. (!) We had a brilliant time, except when trying to digest the result of the match.

I did miss hearing your songs during the game and in the pub, though! Perhaps you can translate some of ours?

Here are some pictures and footage of the AaFK'ers in Motherwell:

http://www.aafk.no/default.aspx?menu=617&id=43185

http://www.aafk.no/default.aspx?view=app_d...0&from_page=

And I do not agree at all about your dismal description of your town; I found it an open and airy place, and felt quite safe when walking back to the hotel at night. It could perhaps do with a little more definition in its centre - like a square with a statue of a steelworker family, or something. With a fanzone the next time our teams meet...! I also really enjoyed the town history as presented in the Heritage Centre. Be proud of your town and your team! And go far in the Europa league!

'Mon the Well!

Cheers, Lassie.

Hello, Motherwellians!

I am now back home in Aalesund after a great vacation in Scotland, and I would just like to say hello to everyone I met in the Electric Bar and especially Jack Daniels before and after the game! You know who you are! And some of you are missing a scarf, others a shirt! A rugby shirt, that is. (!) We had a brilliant time, except when trying to digest the result of the match.

I did miss hearing your songs during the game and in the pub, though! Perhaps you can translate some of ours?

Here are some pictures and footage of the AaFK'ers in Motherwell:

http://www.aafk.no/default.aspx?menu=617&id=43185

http://www.aafk.no/default.aspx?view=app_d...0&from_page=

And I do not agree at all about your dismal description of your town; I found it an open and airy place, and felt quite safe when walking back to the hotel at night. It could perhaps do with a little more definition in its centre - like a square with a statue of a steelworker family, or something. With a fanzone the next time our teams meet...! I also really enjoyed the town history as presented in the Heritage Centre. Be proud of your town and your team! And go far in the Europa league!

'Mon the Well!

Cheers, Lassie.

Nice one, thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. You're right, we could be doing with a wee bit more positivity...

Regarding the result, I got the impression that Aafk staff,team and fans were quite confident... so maybe you're still all shell-shocked?!

Regarding our confidence, I do not think anyone thought this would be a walk in the Fir Park (ahem...), and the mood after the first tie was not the best - some people were wondering why I bothered to travel over, as they felt we had lost all hope after just 1-1 at home. But these guys have surprised us before with their never-give-up attitude, especially when winning the cup final last year.

At the UEFA draw though, we were quite happy to get Motherwell/Breidablik, as this seemed somewhat easier than some of the more heavy opponents. And after the F.P. game, our coach said that "it was boys [ours] against men [yours]", even though he was proud of the fighting spirit our boys showed.

And we are inexperienced at this level; this was our first European tie ever in the club's 96 year history. We debuted in the top league in 2003 and have been fighting to stay in it, or to get back up, ever since. Until now. :) The boys played Tromsø, presently number 3, three days after MFC, and Aarøy the Giant scored the two goals in one of our best matches this season. We're back at fourth place, so it seems that the Motherwell experience has served as an inspiration for the guys.

Regarding pre-match expectations, I'll quote the manager who got AaFK to the top league and created so much enthusiasm around the team: Ivar M. Normark. In our first season amongst the finest, we kept on losing, week after week. People made comments like "you can't make gold out of grey rock". And when preparing to meet numero uno Rosenborg for the first time at their home turf in Trondheim, journalists kept asking him if he really thought we had a chance, until he retorted: "Well, we have to go up there and play the match; we can't very well send the points in the post!" (They won only 1-0.)

Wish you all the best in Denmark tomorrow, and if anybody gets tired of the rain there, do come and see us here in Aalesund - we have sunshine and 25 degrees... :whistling: