Another New Striker?

Guest 'Flow

See Brown's saying he's hoping to get somebody else in before the window closes, let's just hope its a left winger, although he says Blackman is fast with a good left peg so maybe thats what he has in mind for him. I'm thinkin: -

--------------Randolph--------------

Hateley--Craigan--Reynolds--Hammell

---------Jennings--Lasley-----------

Murphy------Casagolda------Blackman

--------------Sutton----------------

See Brown's saying he's hoping to get somebody else in before the window closes, let's just hope its a left winger, although he says Blackman is fast with a good left peg so maybe thats what he has in mind for him. I'm thinkin: -

Murphy------Casagolda------Sutton

--------------Blackman----------------

I think thats more the way Broon will be thinking, he seems to love playing Sutts wide left

I think thats more the way Broon will be thinking, he seems to love playing Sutts wide left

I know, i just personally think he's better as an out and out striker, keep the pacy guys out on the wings. On paper that looks like a good team anyway, from what Brown's said looks like we are going to have a very fast attack.

I reckon if things go to Brown's plan then we are looking at this as the preferred starting line up. However Humphrey's form of late would suggest he would start at the expense of Saunders with Hateley moving to right back which creates new problems.

------------------Randolph-----------------

Saunders--Craigan--Reynolds--Hammell

--------Lasley--Jennings--Hateley--------

-----------------Casagolda-----------------

-----------Murphy--------------------------

------------------Sutton--------------------

Hammell and Hateley offer speed and overlap opportunities down the left and Murphy would offer the same on the right however would sometimes sacrifice being in the box as a result. I'd be interested to know if Casagolda can act in a midfield role if we bring Humphrey on.

I reckon if things go to Brown's plan then we are looking at this as the preferred starting line up. However Humphrey's form of late would suggest he would start at the expense of Saunders with Hateley moving to right back which creates a new problem.

-----------------Casagolda-----------------

-----------Murphy--------------------------

------------------Sutton--------------------

Hammell and Hateley offer speed and overlap opportunities down the left and Murphy would offer the same on the right however would sometimes sacrifice being in the box as a result. I'd be interested to know if Casagolda can act in a midfield role if we bring Humphrey on.

Looking forward to see who Brown plays on Sunday. I think if Casagolda plays it will only be for the last 10 minutes or something as I don't think he's match fit. Its nice to have some options though. On recent form I think Humphrey will start.

Sorry, I meant to add that this was probably 1 month into the season. I agree if Blackman and Casagolda play on Sunday then it will be from 70 minutes onwards due to match fitness and gelling with the squad.

Looking forward to the ironic cheer when Casagolda is subbed on based on the hype and "that thread"

As for Sunday:

---Humphrey-------------------------------

-----------Murphy--Sutton-----------------

Murphy------Casagolda------Blackman

--------------Sutton----------------

I think we need to be a little more cautious and also not show our best hand, keeping a good option or two on the bench is always handy.

--Jennings--Lasley--Forbes/(Hately)--

--Casagolda--------------Blackman

-----------Murphy/(Sutton)---------

That's what I am thinking. For 1, Saunders is a MUCH better right back that Hately, and I would prefer either Murph or Sutts up top number 9 style as they play best there. Reading between the lines I think the new boys are much more mobile and tricky so could be played on the 'wings' in a front 3.

No Humphrey at all in your line up Juan?

What I'm reading into things is 3 very fast players in Humphrey, Murphy and Blackman, Sutton maybe sacrificed to a midfield-get-forward-when-you-can role as a result as I can't see him being able to keep up.

Blackman may not be overused as he is here on a 6 month loan and you can't build on that. I reckon he's in to take over from Murphy after at least 70 minutes a game so he isn't burned out come March/April, offer cover, an extra option and impact late in a game.

A defensive tactic overall with rapid counter attacking tactics to exploit the pace and the decent centre half pairing we have and fit with Brown's cautiousness.

As for Sunday:

---Humphrey-------------------------------

-----------Murphy--Sutton-----------------

Thats the same team Id play sunday,however, Sutton + Humphrey wide with Murph up top, 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 style.

Hibs will go 4-4-2 / 4-2-4 with Riordan,Pish,Stokes + Wotherspoon up top, having Lasley,Jenno + Hateley will stifle them in midfield + shut off the supply up top, then we have Sutton as an outball + Humph/Murph to offer pace on the counter

Thats the same team Id play sunday,however, Sutton + Humphrey wide with Murph up top, 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 style.

Hibs will go 4-4-2 / 4-2-4 with Riordan,Pish,Stokes + Wotherspoon up top, having Lasley,Jenno + Hateley will stifle them in midfield + shut off the supply up top, then we have Sutton as an outball + Humph/Murph to offer pace on the counter

De Graaf will probably be playing wide right for them. Wotherspoon or Riordan on the left if Nish makes it. Key to the game will be Jennings stopping Miller.

Had a wee look on the Hibs forum there and they seem worried that we have another tall striker as they feel they are still crap at defending set-pieces. Hopefully this has been noted by Brown and Sutton and Blackman can cause them some problems on Sunday.

Welcome Mr Blackman.

Hopefully he will do a turn for us. Seemingly it was a recommendation from a contact at Blackburn.

Wonder where that will leave McHugh though. Thought with Casa - murphy and sutton he would get a good bit of game time this year. More the merrier though will be interesting to see where Brown plays them.

Mon the Well! :thumbup:

By the sound of browns interview that will be it fo rhte signings.