• Keith Lasley
    • Jamie Murphy
    • John Sutton
    • Chris Humphrey
    • Nick Blackman
    • Ross Forbes
    • Bob McHugh
    • Null Vote

Thought it was between Humphrey and Randolph again. Went for Humphrey as he was the only person, barring Murphys effort at the start, that looked like causing any trouble.

Our midfield was non-existant at times and I am glad that we will have to play someone other than Lasley and Jennings in the next leg.

One great free-kick doesn't constitute you being Motm, Hateley was pish untill that point but no doubt will get a number of votes.

Voted for The Hump. What a frustrating player though! Some good runs and crosses and even the odd decent shot, but all that's missing is a bit more consistency. Then we'd have some player at our disposal.

Thought he was a constant menace tonight, and I look forward to him terrorising their defence next week.

Humphrey was very frustrating tonight and there just wasn't enough end product from him. I'm a fan of his though and I agree he'll be important this season for us. Not the MotM tonight though.

I went Reynolds at a complete lack of a stand out for me, but seriously considered giving it the null vote.

Gonna have to be better next week.

As this thread is attracting votes for players who nearly did well, I am going for jenno who nearly lasted 90 mins before he got what he deserved. Thought he had a great first half and could have pulled out of the challenge which saw him off. Bit of work for Broon there.

As this thread is attracting votes for players who nearly did well, I am going for jenno who nearly lasted 90 mins before he got what he deserved. Thought he had a great first half and could have pulled out of the challenge which saw him off. Bit of work for Broon there.

Why?its not as if he gets sent off regularly.It could(and probably should)easily have been djemba djemba getting his marching orders but the ref chose took ignore his constant fouling.

Went for Hump because although his end product was poor he was by far our most creative player on the park. I thought Blackman showed some nice touches when he came on!

That 2nd goal was shockin a defender of Craigans experience should have known the only option was doing him there n then.

All in all 2 soft goals we gave, and although we didnt create many chances ourselves I have a feelin the game at Fir Park will be a different kettle of fish altogether!

Second half Humph was constantly going forward after changing onto the right wing, Blackman looks to be a good find nice touches, worked well to get the free kick and it was good to see him tell the rest of them to stay calm when we got THAT free kick.

He most have been taking over from Jenning's telling them to 'Calm down calm down '

Is it the same set of offials for the second leg as the ref last night was rank

Humphrey all day long, watch this space him and Blackman could form a great partnership.

His confidence will be a key to progressing.

Agree - Humphrey by a mile as he continually raped and pillaged doon that wing. When he perfects and becomes consistent with that final ball, he will be a superstar.

Special mention for Randolph, huge cock-up when the free kick drifted in but looks so solid and confident all the time and I reckon will become bigger than Ruddy - and he is on a three year deal!

Special special mention for Blackman - always looks dangerous and his movement off the ball is so intelligent that we arent able to match his thinking - could be this years star loan :blink:

What a couple of days and what a bounce when that ball launched in <_>

Agree with most of that, but was harsh to send him off, their players were getting away with much worse challenges. Humphrey for me a close second, he could be some player for us if he continues to improve, which I think he can.

No-one really Stood out for me..... thought humphrey was abit lazy on the wing, Although when He did make movement it was generally with quality touches and Sprints. I also thought Jennings was good, possibly our best player up until the red card. But, I went for Tom Hately, THought he only lost out in midfeild due to Utaka and Co. being a mile and a half faster and his deliveries were generalluy quality, especially for his Goal..... Although he should not have taken the First half Free kick which bounced past the post.

No-one really Stood out for me..... thought humphrey was abit lazy on the wing, Although when He did make movement it was generally with quality touches and Sprints. I also thought Jennings was good, possibly our best player up until the red card. But, I went for Tom Hately, THought he only lost out in midfeild due to Utaka and Co. being a mile and a half faster and his deliveries were generalluy quality, especially for his Goal..... Although he should not have taken the First half Free kick which bounced past the post.

It's amazing how the game may look differently on the telly, I thought Humphrey was very poor for the majority of the game, the first half he seemed unable/unwilling to run at people and kick on for return balls, in the second half he seemed a bit better and more willing, maybe it was just after a good performance against Hibs but I was very disappointed in his play.

For me, the man of the match was probably Lasley or even Craigan. Craigan was brilliant and barring him getting left for dead by Utaka- not helped by both Saunders and Humphrey being out of position for the 20th time in the game- he marshalled the defence brilliantly as per. Lasley, I'm not a great fan of, but he was putting himself about all over the place and didn't seem to be giving away his usual quota of daft free kicks, he still can't go forward, but at least he made an impression on the game unlike others in the midfield.