Coins And Lighters Thrown At Randolph

Welldel

According to the Daily Record a section of the home fans were throwing lighters and coins at Randolph.

After our eperiences in Nancy, Lanelli etc this is a bit of a culture shock to have European opponents who were less than welcoming (atleast during the match).

Uefa could and should hammer the Danes.

According to the Daily Record a section of the home fans were throwing lighters and coins at Randolph.

After our eperiences in Nancy, Lanelli

What happened in Nancy n Llanelli?

Only incident I can remember was everyone gettin done wae pepper spray cos a few boys tried to get out the gates before we were allowed to.

They shouldn't be throwing anything - but our lads are prone to throwing a mars bar or two so we should really calm the beans and let it go.

whether they get fined - or a book of any description thrown at them is immaterial and makes no difference to the game and the result or our prospects for Thursday.

yet again. glass houses!

Iam unaware of any complaints being made about our support throwing anything at anyone.

It's immaterial whether Uefa's action effect the outcome of the game , obviously they wont, the point I was tryin g to make is that on our travels we are not used to this kind of incident and we certainly haven't been accused of treating visiting opposition in this way.

Aye we've had a couple of incidents in recent seasons - we dodged a bullet with the mars bar duo incident - which if I recall was included in the match report - seen the incident maself btw and it was well debated on here.

Also lucky up at McDairmid on the opening day last year.

we've definitely had a couple of incidents

So wait, because some idiotic "Motherwell fans" throw stuff, proper Motherwell fans, and the Club themselves have no right to complain?

Does that mean, because we have some bigots as well who are happy to shout out F***** and Orange B****** now and then we have no right to bad mouth the Old Firm fans?

I think I remember the pie right enough now!

Quite right wellfan, its the same as the Cardiff situation, just letting it go because we've had history is a ridiculous precedent.

Wellfan - No & no!

Complaints procedures should be started, as was against us last season! Just pointing out that we have had similar complaints. 'Glasshouses' as we are guilty of same offences!

Dont think much happened to us, bar searching fans!

These things happen at a lot of euro games, the villa goalie was pelted with stuff last night as well.Very rarely will anything be done about it other than a warning unless somebody gets injured.Should just be glad we didnae have those funny looking turnstiles like at unirea- rangers. :evilgrin:

Searching fans for pies shouldnae be too hard. I've seen them, they're all at them, the bad bastards.

Wellfan - No & no!

Complaints procedures should be started, as was against us last season! Just pointing out that we have had similar complaints. 'Glasshouses' as we are guilty of same offences!

Dont think much happened to us, bar searching fans!

Smokebomb anyone?

Think these incidents led to the searches at the East last season too!

Glass houses is about right!

I just happen to remember that smokebomb that caused the searches at the East Stand, best bt was if you wanted something in you could have gave it to a burd, as it was only S.I.A stewards (the ones with arm badges) that could search you and there were no female S.I.A stewards meaning females didn't get searched.. thats probally how the smokes got in at the 6-6 game

I just happen to remember that smokebomb that caused the searches at the East Stand, best bt was if you wanted something in you could have gave it to a burd, as it was only S.I.A stewards (the ones with arm badges) that could search you and there were no female S.I.A stewards meaning females didn't get searched.. thats probally how the smokes got in at the 6-6 game

The Howard Marks of the smoke bomb smuggling world :evilgrin:

Was reading some of the Danish match reports (via Google Translate) and they seem to be saying we've decided not to make an official complaint:

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...icle1394077.ece

Motherwell will now not notify Diff to Uefa after Fyn spectators threw lighters and coins after Scots goalkeeper Darren Randolph, in Thursday's qualifier for the European League.

It informs Motherwell to OB in an e-mail, write fyens.dk.

- I want to make it clear that Motherwell Football Club does not wish to lodge a formal complaint to Uefa about the incident, writes the club's security chief, Leeann Montgomery, in the email to OB.

Earlier Friday, it stated otherwise, that the Scots had intended to refer the matter to Uefa.

- We can confirm that there was delivered two lighters to the fourth judge, after they had been cast against Darren, said a spokesman from Motherwell to fyens.dk.

- Darren also said that there was thrown coins. We will send the complaints to the authorities in the Uefa, which has responsibility for security in the stadium, added the spokesman.

OB won the match in Odense 2-1 and guests Thursday next week Scotland, where the team will try to defend the delicate delivery.

The overall winner is guaranteed a seat in the European League group stage.