Cis Cup 3rd Round Draw 31/08/2010

Finlay

Unless the draw has changed and I am mistaken (and I might be) the following teams are 'seeded' for the CIS Cup 3rd Round Draw this Tuesday;

Rangers

Celtic

Dundee United

Hibs

Motherwell

Hearts

St Johnstone

Aberdeen (taking Hamilton Accies place after their defeat to Raith Rovers)

This leaves the following teams who are 'unseeded';

Kilmarnock

Inverness

Falkirk

Ross County

Raith Rovers

Brechin

QoS

Dunfermline

Personally, I'd like to avoid ANY fixture against Kilmarnock or Inverness due to repetition and (could happen) potential end of our involvement. Brechin at home would be the natural pick for me but if we had a chance of a decent away day I would go for Ross County or QoS in that order. Either way, 5 of the 8 teams we could get drawn against we don't play too often so at the least I would hope it is one of them.

Every one a potential banana skin and each have enough about them to make life difficult for us.

Without any disrespect you have to hope the lowest level team at home would offer the best chance of progression so it would have to be Brechin City at home.

A home tie freebie for us financially stricken season ticket holders please! Plus a tenner to get in for everyone else, the club HAVE to do that this time as a reward for us forking out £50 each for the three Europa League ties.

As for the opponent, Brechin are the obvious weak link in that list, whereas someone like QOS, Ross County or Raith could upset us.

Keen for a decent cup run, its been a while.

Brechin at home please! Are the fixtures midweek?

Wouldn't mind playing the likes of Raith or QoS away from home, albeit a tricky tie.

When is the next round scheduled for?

I believe the 3rd Round fixtures are due to be played on the 21st or 22nd September.

Including Killie and Inverness (especially the latter)? I disagree as they have as much chance of beating us as we do them. These are the two teams imo we need to avoid imo. Although that is also due to the repetition factor.

And on both of those counts, thank fuck St Mirren are out!!

when is the draw?...

From the SFL website;

The Draw for the Third Round of The Co-operative Insurance Cup will take place as follows:

TUESDAY, 31ST AUGUST, 2010

HAMPDEN PARK

2:30pm

The results of the draw will be announced on the SFL website as soon as possible.