Announcement Within The Next 48 Hours...

Onthefringes

What's the current rules for seatered stadia in the SPL,is it still 10'000 seats or is it down the 6'000?

I'm sure Falkirks only holds about 6,000 or it did when it opened!

Of course we only need a stadium big enough to hold around 7 or 8,000 but i also think we have to believe that at some time in the future we might need a bigger capacity.

I would build an 8,000 capacity with enough room to build onto it in the future if needed.

What we certainly don't want though is the two sided stadium with nothing behind each goal.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Falkirks only holds about 6,000 or it did when it opened!

Of course we only need a stadium big enough to hold around 7 or 8,000 but i also think we have to believe that at some time in the future we might need a bigger capacity.

I would build an 8,000 capacity with enough room to build onto it in the future if needed.

What we certainly don't want though is the two sided stadium with nothing behind each goal.

Id say your spot on there. I'm not overly optimistic that crowds at Motherwell will swell too grately however if ravenscraig does develop to it's promise then there is always going to be that possibility of a bigger fanbase and therefore not allowing room for future expansion would be criminal.

Deffinately wouldnt like to see a stadium with an empty side,been in a few of those and it completely destroys any atmosphere

Al B highlighted this one on another stadium thread, it's by far my favourite. It would work as it would be a landmark building therefore attracting people to it and if combined with a quality wedding venue/conference centre/hotel then you'd get a nice supplementary income. Bear in mind Motherwell/Wishaw has the Newhouse and Moorings and Bently as the only recognised hotels (ignoring B&B's). I reckon this would have the same draw among the public as something like the Falkirk wheel, we wouldn't need the underground parking so could save a considerable amount on that structural engineering and landscaping.

the-wall-underground-stadium1.jpg

Seems to be coming in at the £13m mark (however that's Qatari prices with cheap Indian labour).

Architectural Drawings

:) Yeah I can't see anything remotely like that being built LadywellTOI anywhere in the UK never mind our stadium. I think something that looks something similar to the Ravenscraig Football area gets a thumbs up from me.

Plenty of shiny metal (non rusting of course ( Mr Barr to note)) loads of parking and I would still say we need a 10k seater.

I have a funny feeling that there will be nothing re a new stadium and it will be about this trust setup at the club with JB stepping down.

I have a funny feeling that there will be nothing re a new stadium and it will be about this trust setup at the club with JB stepping down.

Yip. It's the trust that's worrying me. Fans running a football club, recipe for disaster if this board is anything to go by. :)

Al B highlighted this one on another stadium thread, it's by far my favourite. It would work as it would be a landmark building therefore attracting people to it and if combined with a quality wedding venue/conference centre/hotel then you'd get a nice supplementary income. Bear in mind Motherwell/Wishaw has the Newhouse and Moorings and Bently as the only recognised hotels (ignoring B&B's). I reckon this would have the same draw among the public as something like the Falkirk wheel, we wouldn't need the underground parking so could save a considerable amount on that structural engineering and landscaping.

Seems to be coming in at the £13m mark (however that's Qatari prices with cheap Indian labour).

Architectural Drawings

Which is still currently a hole in the ground, or hardly even a blow struck :nod:

If we ever move then they'll recycle the seats from the east,cooper and south stands with a probable design based loosely on the Cooper stand, although probably not as high or cut like the Accies stadium.

Which is still currently a hole in the ground, or hardly even a blow struck :nod:

So? We can but dream or aspire to something more than we have or can expect can't we? Don't see why the current status of this development has any bearing.

I wouldn't advocate moving for a few years yet, there is no benefit to doing so just now, best to wait till the real estate values creep up and a move is forced upon us rather than taking on extra debt and all the extra hassle that goes with it. NLC and the Ravenscraig development mob will makes things happen if they really want us to move there to raise the profile of the new town.

However, as has been discussed this announcement is more about JB taking more of a back seat in preparation of a re-alignment of how the club is owned and run. Stadium talk is far off.

We've been round this loads of times and there loads of pipe dreams (some just a bit too wacky mind ya)

Scottish Football is in survival mode - talk is of 'continued existence' - not elaborate expansion.

There are so many things that need to positively change in Scottish Football before we can even have a chance of looking to develop beyond continuing on a shoestring budget and making (or just about making) ends meet.

I'm happy that we appear to have brought someone in who can help develop the club - looks like he's a big well fan so that's great. However we see in other news stories of the week how the 'new blood in the boardroom story' can hit the skidders. We all need to see how this develops. Looks promising tho'

As for a stadium - like another poster mentioned earlier, I believe we blew it a couple of seasons back - there must have been a deal on the table when the college move was on the go - surely? it may take a while for that to come round again.

The very most we could ever imagine with the sale of the existing ground and some generous development funding is Parc y Scarlets. That seriously is as far as we could ever dream of going - and that's way on the high end of optimistic.

The expectation must be a New St Mirren Park bolted on to the Regional Sports Facility I'm afraid and if that's not handled well - we could be looking at another chunk off the crowds.

The expectation must be a New St Mirren Park bolted on to the Regional Sports Facility I'm afraid and if that's not handled well - we could be looking at another chunk off the crowds.

That's the worry, far from attracting new fans by moving to a shiny new ground in a whole new town we could actually disenfranchise many current fans by having to travel further from the town centre to a shitey breeze block identikit shell.

Long way off of course, I too believe we missed the boat when the college deal was going through but am happy wi' that. Long live 'Up By' :nod:

Architectural Drawings

That stadium design to me is just fucking ridiculous.