Next 4 Possibly (5) Games.......

PettyWulliegrew

Thing is we are aiming for United as the benchmark for 3rd place (incidentally it's Aberdeen that hold that position at the moment).

We don't necessarily need to aim for 3rd place, of course it will be fantastic to claim we are "best of the rest" once again, but technically 5th place should see us alright for European Football next year, as long as the OF/Hearts/Sheep make the Scottish Cup Final. That is assuming we don't make it ourselves to the final this year..

Unlike other seasons, we certainly don't NEED to finish 3rd to claim Europe..

You have to laugh.

At the beginning of the season everything was terrible and the team were useless and the manager didn't have his heart in it and we were going to get relegated, then we went on a wee run and it was Top 6 and Europe Here We Come.

Then we hit a bad spell again and it was gloom and doom and McGhee could get to fuck and the players weren't good enough and we were in a relegation struggle, then we hit a good batch and its Top 6 and Europe Here We Come.

The Motherwell support has some kind of bi-polar condition!

People need to calm down a bit. If you have your sights set on Europe next season and nothing else you are likely to be disappointed. It's going to be tough for us to make the Top 6, although very possible. It is going to be even harder to make a European place. As someone else said take it one game at a time and adjust your expectations accordingly because this is Motherwell and its usually one hell of a rollercoaster ride.

Am I right in thinking that the losing finalists in this years cup don't qualify for Europe and the spot definetly goes to the 5th place team. I know the SFA wanted to push this through before the cup last season but UEFA had knocked them back but can't remember if UEFA has given this the nod for this year.

And agree with Ya Bezzer, whilst I'd love to see us grab the 3rd/4th spot I think its still to big a job this year although I'd love to be proven wrong :blink:

Top six/Europe is as much in our hands than the teams above us. They're all naw gonna win every game, and they will (if we make the top six) still have to play us twice.

It is widely acknowledge it was the fans that cost us the league back in 1994. Fucking get aff yer pessimistic stance and say we're gonna make Europe!

'Mon the Well....

/me prepares himself for being humped by Locos and Falkirk this week :blush:

Top six/Europe is as much in our hands than the teams above us. They're all naw gonna win every game, and they will (if we make the top six) still have to play us twice.

It is widely acknowledge it was the fans that cost us the league back in 1994. Fucking get aff yer pessimistic stance and say we're gonna make Europe!

'Mon the Well....

/me prepares himself for being humped by Locos and Falkirk this week :whistling:

I still blame Louis Thow.

I still blame Louis Thow.

The Louie Thow incident was in the 94/95 season when we finished 2nd but much further away than in 93/94. when we were 3rd but only 5 points from the title and acknowledged as the best team that season.

I think that no-one actually believed that we could win the title that season, when in fact our bottle crashed late on.

The Louie Thow incident was in the 94/95 season whene we finished 2nf but much further away than in 93/94. when we were 3rd but only 5 points from the title and acknowledged as the best team that season.

I think that no-one actually believed that we could win the title that season, when in fact our bottle crashed late on.

I believed we would win the league that season, and that ridiculous decision cost us dearly.

One of the many reasons I hate Hearts!! :lol::thumbup:

The Louie Thow incident was in the 94/95 season when we finished 2nd but much further away than in 93/94. when we were 3rd but only 5 points from the title and acknowledged as the best team that season.

I stand corrected, I still hate Louis Thow though.

I don't know how you can say the fans cost us the league in 1994. That's just complete bullshit and based on nothing. I think it would be fair to say none of us believed we could do it, but that's fair enough, we need to be realistic. We had too many draws that season also, plus taking only 1 point from the remaining 3 games, which were totally winnable. Maybe the bottle did go, who knows.... certainly a case of "what could've been".

As for this season, I'm taking one game at a time and we'll see how it goes. For me, I'm just glad there's a bit of a gap opened up between us and bottom place as at Christmas we were in freefall! Prior to that the season had been very poor aswell in my opinion, with only the Rangers 0-0 game and the Dundee Utd 1-1 game being the only two games where I thought we played the football we all hoped we would this season. In the rest we had been average. At best!

We appear to have hit a bit of form just now, and that result yesterday is easily one of the best in years. Especially considering neither of the Old Firm have beaten Utd in 4 attempts and they have been receiving the plaudits left right and centre thus far and rightly so.

So to conclude. I'm as delighted as the next 'Well fan at the mini revival we appear to be on, but let's keep the heid. After the Rangers 0-0 game we all felt we had a chance to kick on from there after our slow start and we then proceeded to go on as wretched a run as I can remember. The worst thing we can do is go into games now expecting to win them.

Having said that. I do expect to win on Wednesday and will be pretty disappointed with anything other than a win next Saturday!