Signed M/well Ball Featuring Cup Winners

Soapy Soutar

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place for this feel free to move.

Unfortunately Mrs Soutar is unwell at the moment and my stepdaughter decided to arrange a charity night in aid of Cancer research, she has put alot of work in to try and get prizes and auction items and been most successful on the whole.

Yes you may be one step ahead of me, she contacted Miss Dempster on numerous occassions asking if the could see their way to donate something from the club but alas there was no response.

Where i am going with this is that while i was telling some one about this through some luck and an act of kindness i have been given a signed ball from round about the time of the Scottish Cup Victory.

While i would like to have this myself i would rather it went towards making some money for a worth while charity, i was wondering if any one had an idea how much it may fetch or if any one is interested in making an offer.

I can say for definite it is the full cup winning team as i cannot decifer all the signatures,

I can read a few and my heart misses a beat when i see them, i will list them and if any one has any ideas or thoughts i would be pleased to hear from you.

Names on ball - JOE McLOUD CHRIS McCART DAVY COOPER PHIL O,DONNELL JAMIE DOLAN JOHN PHILIBAN TOMMY McLEAN TOM FORSYTH DOUGIE ARNOTT JIM GRIFFEN

There are more but cant make them all out.

Thanks

The club never really clarified whats now going on

Da ve from the shop did imply in a post that signed items now have to be purchased from the shop ( and they are available at a price, last I looked)

but......

for a 'club at the centre of the community' I would be very dissapointed if no items were given out free for fundraisers or to some deserving individuals

the club of course cannot give to every request, but a courteous even if standard response would hopefully prevent too much anger being vented.

as for the ball , best to get it auctioneed at a fundraiser when there is alcohol involved

I would reckon £100 easy but if I was bevvied , who knows :unsure:

I do not expect any any sympathy or any special favours it would have been nice to have received a reply either way.I appreciate that the club will be inundated with such requests and Miss Dempster is a busy women, i suppose in situations like this you tend to become selfish but in my own small way i am just trying to do something that may help others in years to come.

I actually went into the shop after i heard nothing back from the club to inquire about buying a ball and top and getting them signed ( something that used to be done in years gone past ) and putting them into the auction and donating the profit made I was informed that i could buy a ball for 10pounds and a signed ball would be 20pounds, a top would be 40pounds and a signed top would be 60pounds this would have defeated the purpose as if i had got 70pounds for the top i would have made a tenner for the charity but some one would have paid 70pounds for something that they could go into the shop and buy themselfs for 60.

Sorry for the rant but i feel that at times a bit of compassion is required.

I think the OP is more annoyed at the lack of response than anything else.

I did gather that. I could only reply to one part of hi story not why he didn't get a reply. I have noticed that you are not very keen on our current Chief Executive but don't recall you specifically stating why??

I do not expect any sympathy or any special favours ....

Sorry for the rant but i feel that at times a bit of compassion is required.

How many times in a week or a month do people expect a business just to hand out stuff for charity? If you had asked on here then perhaps someone might have had something you could auction and 100% of what you made could have went to charity, most individuals will more than likely willingly donate for auctions.

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place for this feel free to move.

Unfortunately Mrs Soutar is unwell at the moment and my stepdaughter decided to arrange a charity night in aid of Cancer research, she has put alot of work in to try and get prizes and auction items and been most successful on the whole.

Yes you may be one step ahead of me, she contacted Miss Dempster on numerous occassions asking if the could see their way to donate something from the club but alas there was no response.

Where i am going with this is that while i was telling some one about this through some luck and an act of kindness i have been given a signed ball from round about the time of the Scottish Cup Victory.

While i would like to have this myself i would rather it went towards making some money for a worth while charity, i was wondering if any one had an idea how much it may fetch or if any one is interested in making an offer.

I can say for definite it is the full cup winning team as i cannot decifer all the signatures,

I can read a few and my heart misses a beat when i see them, i will list them and if any one has any ideas or thoughts i would be pleased to hear from you.

Names on ball - JOE McLOUD CHRIS McCART DAVY COOPER PHIL O,DONNELL JAMIE DOLAN JOHN PHILIBAN TOMMY McLEAN TOM FORSYTH DOUGIE ARNOTT JIM GRIFFEN

There are more but cant make them all out.

Thanks

I would be more than willing to buy it for a good price if you don't want to auction it?

Recently my wife was organising a raffle for charity for the Neo-natal unit up at Wishaw General and she contacted the club to see if they could arrange for any sort of donation to include in the raffle. After not hearing from the club she was a bit dissappointed not to have recieved any reply (In the meantime she had managed to get a signed Celtic and Hibs tops, tours of Ibrox, Parkhead and Hampden and even tickets for an Airdrie game!), so she sent an e-mail to Ms Dempster about the lack of response and was personnally phoned by Ms Dempster apologising for any lack of communication and could she come down to club as she'd arranged a couple of things for my wife to include in the raffle.

The 'things' included a signed (by whole team) current Puma home top, 2 Goalie tops from the last two seasons signed by the keepers (Artur Krysik? and that young Polish boy) 2 match tickets for Well V St Mirren a couple of weeks ago, 5 1991 cup final programmes and a bottle of whiskey!

I was very impressed that a) Ms Dempster had phoned personnally and b) the great haul of prizes she managed to give my wife for the raffle.

All in all my wife has raised over £1000 for the baby unit, so maybe complaining sometimes works.

As with most threads on this site, this one seems to have gone off in completly the wrong directing.

The main point of the thread was to raise money for charity - soapy, have you managed to get a buyer at the price you were looking for? If not hows this for an idea, from this site we try and get 49 people willing to pay £5 each and then allocate each person a number between 1 and 49. Once this is done the next national lottery bonus ball number is the winning number and the ball goes to the person who has that number and your charity collects £245.

Anybody willing to pay a fiver for a chance to own the ball? I'd take a couple and i know a couple of my mates would also buy at least one so thats at least 7 for a start.