Saturday Is Service Day

Taff

I have this and another one called, I think, My Father Knew Joe Wark Too, or something. Funnily, both tell roughly the same story, but one tells it from the perspective of the SS Battlebus, and the other from a good wee chap who would never do any of that nasty casual stuff, no surreebob.

Anyone want them, make me an offer on PM and I'll think about it.

I have this and another one called, I think, My Father Knew Joe Wark Too, or something. Funnily, both tell roughly the same story, but one tells it from the perspective of the SS Battlebus, and the other from a good wee chap who would never do any of that nasty casual stuff, no surreebob.

I just tried to pm you pal but this come up. This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled or they are in a member group not allowed to use the personal messenger.

This personal message has not been sent

What one is from the SS Members view

Saturday is Service Day is a book cherished by a lot of people, a book which tells the story as it was, a book that tells the story as it happened, the people in the book have fuzzy memories of the facts behind the day, being so pumped up for the occasion or being drunk or hiding behind a big guy going ahead with the opposition. I remember the Queen St incident the most and never been so scared in my whole life apart from Meadowbank away, but hey ho in for a penny in for a pound or as my old man used to say to me when trying to talk sense into a young teenage son intent on being a fan who fought their corner on the terrace, fly with the crows you will get shot with the crows but never let your mates down.

Totally passed me by, the whole casual thing. I started going to 'Well games aged 14 in 1988, so I could have quite easily fell into the whole scene. I just don't get it though. Why go to a game thinking (hoping?) you're gonna get a punch in the face at some point in the afternoon. I thought it was all bollocks back in the day and I still think its all bollocks now. And I certainly don't need to be reading some half-arsed, over-exaggerated and egotistical account about how 'we' done over some fucking firm or whatever back in the day. No offence, but I just think it's all bollocks.