The Most Awful Strip Mfc Has Played In

SteelmaninOZ

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TheLip69 has an unnatural hatred for Canterbury. I mind him ranting about it when the deal was announced and then again when the strips were launched. :lol:

And Leeann Dempster. I think there's an interesting back-story to this one - unrequited love in the field of shirt manufacture/sponsorship. All the makings of a Hollywood blockbuster.

Lost me there, cannae mind that strip at all. Admiral only ever produced a white away kit to my recollection, which was so nice we still wore it even when we changed to adidas.

Oh and the adidas one was nowhere near as bad as stated. Cracking plain and simple design, all it needed was a hoop, and maybe a slightly darker tone.

Dortmund copycat by Pony was easily the worst, Zoom by Xara equally honking, and again as stated Jester kit might have been okay with plain shorts but overall, truly ganting outfit.

I knew you would say that lol

Shug

P.S. I loved that strip :lol:

To be honest, big Randy's purple effort this year is as bad as any.

Quite like that kit actually. Prefer it to the black one as well.

The pink goalie kit was a really bad choice in my opinion. Thankfully it didn't get worn to often. I hated it.

Quite like that kit actually. Prefer it to the black one as well.

The pink goalie kit was a really bad choice in my opinion. Thankfully it didn't get worn to often. I hated it.

Did we win any game we played in it last season???? The only game I can remember Ruddy wearing it was the 6-6 game and you can see the problem with that.

And it was the only one Fraser wore was it not?

IIRC Ruddy, when he wore it, used the black shorts and socks with the pink top which didn't make it look quite as bad. Fraser wore the whole pink kit. Terrible.

I also think our blue keeper's kit from last season is the best one we have had. Looked cracking.

the adidas one was nowhere near as bad as stated. Cracking plain and simple design, all it needed was a hoop, and maybe a slightly darker tone.

As a massive fan of old school Adidas, this is another case of what might have been.

2jdjnys.jpg

The quality control on our kits has at certain times through the years has been posted missing. This situation will rarely happen at bigger clubs, where for most of the time corporate colour and historical kit guidelines are generally adhered to. I’m glad at the moment we appear to have got our act together, and now in the main our colours have been standardised. Despite four changes in kit supplier over the last few years, if we continue keep a watchful eye the more yellow tones of yesteryear will remain a thing of the past.

As a massive fan of old school Adidas, this is another case of what might have been.

Adidas weren't really in the business of doing custom kits for anyone in those days though -- I had a Nottingham Forest away kit at the time, and it was pretty much identical except the trim and shorts were blue instead of 'claret'. So if they weren't doing anything out of the ordinary for the European Cup holders, probably wasn't much chance of them doing a hoop or a band for us...