Motherwell V Hearts 28/11/10

postiejim

Country is a joke when it comes to snow. Look at canada and russia for fuck sake. I've come through no bother albeit only from renfrewshire lol.

Should have tried to get a train out of Glasgow last night. The Russians runs trains over Siberia, we cannae get them over a thick frost in Rutherglen!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotrail are pathetic at times. We were sat in a train last night at Waverely for 20-odd minutes before, some 10 mins beyond it's departure time, they decided to cancel the train for no given reason. Meant the entire train had to try and fit on a bus.

All these folk moaning about the roads and streets - you do realise there is a recession going on, yes? You do realise budgets have been cut and that means less money that councils can devote to winter preparation?

I broke my shoulder slipping on an untreated pavement right outside a school. That was an accident, that's the end of it. However, there's plenty other people in this compensation climate that we live in would be suing for thousands for any accident that occurred because of the ice or snow.

I don't blame the police for trying to prevent people from converging in and around the Fir Park area.

the bbc have reported that the pitch is playable but its the surrounding roads that are the problem, so at least their reporting is accurate for a change.

Can't get on to the official website, it always seems to go down when there are more than 5 folk trying to access it! :rolleyes:

If the Newcastle game goes ahead though there should be questions asked of NLC.

Flow mate, I think you need to get on to ssn and INSIST that they report the matter correctly. A joke anyway. The polis dont shut braehead or hamilton asda do they?? Should just say travel at your own risk.

That is ok for the fans who have the freedom to make their own decisions. The players don't however and for the Hearts players travelling aong the M8 this is the right decision. Safety first. Has to be.

Agreed. Its not as if it was a sudden unexpected heavy flurry. Surely something could have been done to make the streets safe.

There is not point clearing snow while it's snowing or if more snow is expect, you just have to wait it out

I just get a bt pissed off that the football is off but you can still risk you life driving to some crap supermarket or shopping mall

There is no way I'm even going to try and move my car today, I'm just hoping for lots more snow so I can't go to work tomorrow :rolleyes:

Leeann Dempster on Sky Sports News there. Sounds like the club did everything they could and acted very professionally throughout.

As for the United v Rangers game, again the pitch was playable but the ref was snowed in and the police couldn't get to the ground.

Everyone interviewed accepted that the right decision was made.

I understand that it's frustrating that our game is off. But seriously, for once, can we not as a fan base just accept some bad news without moaning and greeting about it?

More like questions will be asked of the Newcastle police for allowing the game to go ahead and putting the public at risk

If the snow had been lying and compacted into ice like it was last year then yes I could maybe understand it. But its fresh now, should be easy to clear (its stopped snowing and the skys are clear).

The real problem for folk today will be getting out of their own streets.

It's probably the right decision to call it off. Just frustrating that in a county like ours we still grind to a halt at the least bit of bad weather!

Leeann Dempster on Sky Sports News there. Sounds like the club did everything they could and acted very professionally throughout.

As for the United v Rangers game, again the pitch was playable but the ref was snowed in and the police couldn't get to the ground.

Everyone interviewed accepted that the right decision was made.

I understand that it's frustrating that our game is off. But seriously, for once, can we not as a fan base just accept some bad news without moaning and greeting about it?

Stu well said mate have a :rolleyes: or a Yazoo.

Newcastle Game gets the go ahead, I'm no expert but I'd hazard a guess they've had as much if not more snow than central Lanarkshire.

I was out and about yesterday and the main roads were fine, all ths shopping areas were busy too.

A wee bit of snow and we grind to a halt, why is it that countries such as Canada and the Scandinavian nations cope with huge snowfalls without disruption and we can't deal with maybe a foot of the white stuff ?

I'm happy, I couldn't be arsed going to the game today anyway. But I'd prefer it if it had been a frozen pitch. The idea that football fans are so stupid they can't be expected to make their way to a football stadium without hurting themselves because there's a bit of snow and ice is a fucking joke.

A wee bit of snow and we grind to a halt, why is it that countries such as Canada and the Scandinavian nations cope with huge snowfalls without disruption and we can't deal with maybe a foot of the white stuff ?

I have some sympathy with the councils on this. Canada and Scandanavia can cope with it because they know its coming and the likely volumes year in, year out like night follows day. In Scotland it could be for an hour, a day, a week or a month anytime between November and April.

There was talk last week we would get snow here on Wednesday - it didn't arrive until Friday night.

You simply can't legislate 100% for where, when and what in volumes snow is going to fall, and when it does everybody and their dug expects their streets done. 4000 folk going to the fitba, 96 year old Mrs Miggins going for her bread and milk, Tam coming home from a night shift. Everybody all wants their own situation sorted and sometimes with the best will in the world it just isn't possible.