Motherwell V Hearts 28/11/10

postiejim

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: Fuckin Hilarious - what a place!

Did no one see the pictures of an absolutely snow bound fir park on Sky Sports News abot 10.00?

FFS Folk

Get real

St James' Park was exactly the same if not worse, but they managed to get the game on...

Anyways, can understand the game being called off today, just highly frustrated at the predicted onslaught from the media about the state of our pitch, even though it had nothing to do with it.

St James' Park was exactly the same if not worse, but they managed to get the game on...

not quite exactly the same is it

fans 46000 vs 4000

local population 300,000 vs 35,000

turnover £100,000,000 vs £3,500,000

*please note these figures are estimates but more accurate than some of the pish thats getting bleated on here

not quite exactly the same is it

fans 46000 vs 4000

local population 300,000 vs 35,000

turnover £100,000,000 vs £3,500,000

*please note these figures are estimates but more accurate than some of the pish thats getting bleated on here

it is the same when referring to SD's argument about pitch being covered in snow. It's not that huge or expensive a job to get rid of it.

Besides I'm not debatiing the fact that the game was called off, i'm just worried about the untrue bad press I anticipate we're gonna get.

Again though. Whats the difference between people travelling to the football and travelling to the pictures, shopping malls etc. They aren't forced to close.

Do we really need to repeat ourselves here!

Do you seriously believe that cinemas aren't affected by this weather! Will they not lose lots of business, get real Richie!

Here in Edmonton we usually get the first fall of snow in October. That snow remains here on the ground until April, with accumulations thereafter and temperatures ranging between -5c through -30c (colder with windchill). Nothing is ever cancelled, buses run, everyone is expected to go to work regardless of the conditions and schools are only ever closed if there is a blizzard. A few years back we had a NHL game outside at Commonwealth Stadium when it was -26c and there were 57,000 at that game.

However, there are major differences between snow in the UK and here. The snow we get is a drier type of snow, there you get heavy wet snow. We are used to driving in snow and have winter tires, I'm fairly sure many people in the UK are not used to driving on snow and ice and there would be many accidents and fender benders. The local councils here clear the roads well and if there's been a lot of snow they call in private contractors (lots of guys here drive trucks and put those snow plows on the front). The fact that we have close to 6 months of winter it's just considered normal and not an unusual circumstance.

Today it's the CFL's Grey Cup final at Commonwealth stadium between Saskatchewan and Montreal. It's going to be -7 at game time and there will be close to 60,000 at the game.

If the game had gone ahead the only people at the match would have been people living within walking distance, we'd been have lucky to 2,000 - 2,500 at the match and all of them would have been fucking freezing and probably caught some kind of respiratory illness.

Still, its been a while since we got the orange ball out.

I glad the games was called off, I would have to dig my car out the risk myself and car driving over untreated road to get the main roads, the slowly worked my way to Fir Park

Feck that it's only a game of football not worth the risk, so fair play to the police for calling the game off

also I didn't go to the shops or the cinema and as it stands I might not be able to make it into work tomorrow

40mph.

All this talk off why is Asda and Tesco's not shut is a lot of absolute shite, they are essential amenities for everyday life where most folk have to walk at the most 15 mins to find the nearest supermarket, football isnt essential.

What about Cinemas, Restaurants, Fashion Malls like Braehead or the Fort? Are they essential? No. Yet the Police don't close them down for the snow. Why a football stadium? Hell the police don't even close down schools - 1000 weans walking on their own or sitting in a double decker bus is alot more dangerous than mostly grown men making their way to a football match.

I

What about Cinemas, Restaurants, Fashion Malls like Braehead or the Fort? Are they essential? No. Yet the Police don't close them down for the snow. Why a football stadium? Hell the police don't even close down schools - 1000 weans walking on their own or sitting in a double decker bus is alot more dangerous than mostly grown men making their way to a football match.

Probably easier for the polis to call it off in those conditions, do they not still get paid anyway??

What about Cinemas, Restaurants, Fashion Malls like Braehead or the Fort? Are they essential? No. Yet the Police don't close them down for the snow.

If they were required to police them every time they opened for business like they are football stadia, they probably would.