Anti-bigotry Lessons At Fir Park?

steelboy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night Labour MSP Michael McMahon said: "The sectarian problem in Scotland is more insidious now than it's ever been."

Utter rubbish. Sectarianism is at it's lowest ebb since John Knox and his ilk started ranting and sh*t stirring away back when. There are three institutions that have thrived on sectarianism in this country; organised religion, the Old Firm and the Labour Party. And here we have them all coming together to ostensibly "tackle the problem" but, in reality, just revitalising it. Looks like we'll all have to set our clocks back 300 years again ... and all because Celtic didn't get a penalty :P .

What's disappointing for me is some of the anti-catholic rants which go on in threads like this. No-one is saying that their aren't problems in the Catholic Church, but to label everyone who is part of that in some of the terms I've read in here are quite frankly disgraceful. Please think before you post, that some of us are Catholic, but that we are all Motherwell fan.s

What's disappointing for me is some of the anti-catholic rants which go on in threads like this. No-one is saying that their aren't problems in the Catholic Church, but to label everyone who is part of that in some of the terms I've read in here are quite frankly disgraceful. Please think before you post, that some of us are Catholic, but that we are all Motherwell fan.s

Well said, that man and something that's long overdue