Motherwell V Rangers

Taff

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be surprised if this information is correct. We will be extremely lucky to attract a crowd above 8,500 - 9000 for this game.

Well yes and no. Xmas is naturally a time when many Well and Gers fans come home from all over the UK and overseas. This is probably one of the few times when exiled fans get an opportunity to watch their team. Plus it is on ESPN not Sky which more people subscribe too.

Assuming the game goes ahead I will guesstimate at 10,371

Think they must've missed out a zero else they are giving them away free. Its on ESPN if i remember correctly.

I think this is closer to the truth..From official site yesterday:

Rangers supporters have been allocated the South Stand and, if required, both the North and South wings of the O’Donnell Stand.

This would suggest they have not even sold out the South stand yet!

I hope your right.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have the attendance figures for our last few games against Rangers at Fir park?

Home v Rangers

10/02/10 1-1 9352 ESPN

12/09/09 0-0 9355 SKY

12/11/08 0-0 9600 ESPN

17/05/08 1-1 10,445 ESPN

31/10/07 1-2 9283 No TV LCup

29/09/07 1-1 10,009 ESPN

02/01/07 0-1 10,338 ESPN

30/07/06 1-2 11,745 ESPN league opener

15/01/06 0-1 10,689 ESPN

a mixture of sat/sun/tues/wed scheduled games in there

Home v Rangers

10/02/10 1-1 9352 ESPN

12/09/09 0-0 9355 SKY

12/11/08 0-0 9600 ESPN

17/05/08 1-1 10,445 ESPN

31/10/07 1-2 9283 No TV LCup

29/09/07 1-1 10,009 ESPN

02/01/07 0-1 10,338 ESPN

30/07/06 1-2 11,745 ESPN league opener

15/01/06 0-1 10,689 ESPN

a mixture of sat/sun/tues/wed scheduled games in there

Going by those figures, we could maybe attract around 9,500 for this game.

Haha, I got a letter through yesterday offering of rangers end tickets... Eh, no thanks. Must be because of my address but my purchase history would demonstate i'm def a well fan.

Same! didnt get a season ticket this year (First time in 9years) and now every time the OF are in town I get letters about ticket allocation for away end :thumbup:

must have thought you were phoning for Rangers end tickets

Aye your right. I phoned because my oldest daughter wants to tag along. I went up to get her ticket later on and the lady said there's a few hundred left for the baddies. They expect them to be sold out but they are disappointed by the lack of interest from the goodies. :thumbup: She did say though that they expect a last minitue rush.

Ps. id just like to add there was almost a QUE at the ticket office. Yes folks a que B-)

Ps. id just like to add there was almost a QUE at the ticket office. Yes folks a que :unsure:

the queue may have been people that had been unaware that the office was scheduled to be closed 12:30 until 14:30 presumably for the players and staff to have Christmas lunch together ( Wee Murph wasnt impressed :lol: )

some might have opted to hang back until the office opened

the queue may have been people that had been unaware that the office was scheduled to be closed 12:30 until 14:30 presumably for the players and staff to have Christmas lunch together ( Wee Murph wasnt impressed :unsure: )

some might have opted to hang back until the office opened

I seen some of the players as i was passing the fir park club. There was a few in the mini bus and the rest followed in cars. To say they looked cold and miserable is a understatement :lol: It looked more like a funeral procession.

No harm to them but if they were giving them away free I'd not be interested. It'll be Boxing Day and I'll be tucked up in my nice warm house with family and close friends eating, drinking and generally enjoying myself. I'll be interested in the result but I won't be watching not even on TV.