Shellic V The Mighty Well

Yir Elder

I'm sure this thread will start all negative, with thoughts of another humping on the way and what have you. Howver as Wednesday gets nearer and we all remember how pish Shellic have been lately, a little confidence will start to spread amongst us Dossers!

That might be the only predicition I get right this season mind!!

Team-wise I feel we MUST make 3 or 4 changes for Wednesday, both with tactics and freshening the side up in mind. I think Jenno is available and I would also start with Sutty and Fitzy. We need better ball retention and a bit more fight in the side.

My team would be:

Randolph

Hateley

Craigan

Reynolds

Hammell

Humphrey

Lasley

Jennings

Fitzpatrick

Gow

Sutton

Subs: Hollis, Saunders, Hutchinson, Forbes, Murphy, McHugh, Blackman

Am I mad to drop out 2 top scorers to the bench? Maybe, but perhaps they could be used as impact subs later in the game. With Hump and Fitzy out wide we will be strong going forward, but will also have defensive discipline there to support the full backs.

We are capable of getting a draw here if the team selection, tactics and effort is right. So I'll say 1-1 with big Nick proving me right with a late leveller!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going along to this one but not really looking forward to it. If Hateley and Jennings are available I would go with;

Randolph

Hateley Craigan Reynolds Hammell

Jennings

Humphrey Lasley Forbes Murphy

Blackman

Subs: Sutton, Gow, McHugh, Fitzpatrick, Saunders, Hutchinson, Hollis

A team set up to try and sneak a point. If Jennings and Hateley are out I would put Saunders in at RB and Fitzy in the holding role. I feel Gow's style of football is a 'luxury' we can't afford against the bigger teams who are more likely to punish our individual errors.

Above is just my own idea. I'd be interested to see other people's opinion on how we should set up. I can see Celtic winning this one right enough. Celtic 3 Motherwell 0.

I'd be hoping for us to prove our real worth. 2-1 'Well With Murphy and Forbes on the Scoresheet, Forbes' a scorcher from 25 yards. And for the Celtic goal to be an own goal by either Reynolds or Saunders.....But Realistically, I think they'll have us for supper, 5-1 Celtic Most likely.

Randolph

Saunders Craigan Reynolds Hammell

Humphrey Hately? Lasley

Sutton Murphy

Blackman

That would be Ideal for me! With Forbes coming on for Either Sutton or Hately and possibly and switching with Humphrey so it'd be....

Randolph

Forbes Hately? Lasley

Humphrey Murphy

Blackman

Here's Hoping :thumbup:

Jennings is still suspended I'm afraid. Think we should move Gow out left, bring Fitzpatrick in for Hateley and then we need to pick from Sutton, Murphy and Blackman for the front two. Really worried what they might do to us if we defend like we did yesterday but should we defend like we can then we have not too much to fear from them.

aye Celtic have been pish lately but so have Rangers been and they could have taken 10 off us yesterday if theyd fancied it.

Team will be -

Randolph

Hateley/Saunders , Craigan , Reynolds , Hammell

Humphrey , Jennings , Lasley , Murphy

Blackman , Gow

Id love to see -

Randolph

Hateley/Saunders , Page , Reynolds , Hammell

Jennings , Lasley

Humphrey , Forbes , Murphy

Blackman

No one expects miracles from Young but it would be madness to start this game with the same line up as Boxing Day. I confidently predict he will though.

My team would be

Randolph

Saunders

Hutchinson

Page

Hammell

Humphrey

Lasley

Fitzy

Gow

Murphy

Blackman

I'm struggling to see anything other than a defeat from this one.

Even if we do get a new manager in place before the game I don't think he's going to be able to make any great impact in one or two training sessions.

However, in one sense seeing as you might expect to lose to Celtic at Parkhead anyway then its perhaps a game up his sleeve where any new manager in conjunction with Young, Kerr and Jenks can have a bit of a tinker without too much expectation upon his shoulders.

By that I mean its not like next Saturday where another defeat against Hamilton would be a serious boot in the chuckies and would immediately have some eyebrows furrowed amongst the support.

Personally I would go with a much less expansive starting eleven than we have been of late and take it from there. The puddle drinkers seem to have had a bit of difficulty breaking teams down at home the last few games so lets not make it easy for them by going too gung ho.

I thought yesterday given Rangers were going through us like a hot knife through butter it was just asking for trouble to have Sutton, Blackman, Murphy and Gow all loitering about to varying degrees further up the park after Hateley went off.

I'd get Fizzy in there for a start drop Humphrey and Gow to the bench and see how that goes for starters.

Randolph

Hateley/Page

Lasley Fitzpatrick Murphy

Blackman Sutton

D'ya know, I mind we went to Parkhead on the back of a six-game losing run. Hadn't won for 10 games. Up against a much better Celtic team than this one. And we won 2-0.

Teams that day were....

Celtic: Gould, Boyd, Hannah (Wieghorst, 59 ) , McNamara, Rieper, Stubbs, Larsson, Burley, Donnelly (Thom, 71 ) , Lambert (Annoni, 79 ) , Blinker (sent off 34)

Motherwell: Woods, Christie, McMillan, Philliben, Craigan, Ross, Hendry ( Weir, 82 ) , Valakari, McCulloch ( Arnott, 55 ) , McSkimming, Coyle

D'ya know, I mind we went to Parkhead on the back of a six-game losing run. Hadn't won for 10 games. Up against a much better Celtic team than this one. And we won 2-0.

Teams that day were....

Celtic: Gould, Boyd, Hannah (Wieghorst, 59 ) , McNamara, Rieper, Stubbs, Larsson, Burley, Donnelly (Thom, 71 ) , Lambert (Annoni, 79 ) , Blinker (sent off 34)

Motherwell: Woods, Christie, McMillan, Philliben, Craigan, Ross, Hendry ( Weir, 82 ) , Valakari, McCulloch ( Arnott, 55 ) , McSkimming, Coyle

Difference was that team would have heart and a bit off commitment in the tackle.

I think I'm going but it will be with a pal in the Celtic end couldn't bare paying to watch that well team again this week already feel bumped :ph34r:

Going 4-1 Celtic or a sneaky 1 nil well :P

Sad thing is whilst Hearts, Hibs, Dun Utd, Killie, St Mirren, St Johnstone, and Aberdeen have beaten one or both of them in the last 12 months we have taken a few hidings. 6-1, 4-1, and 4-1, to Rangers and a 4-1 to Celtic makes for poor reading. Even worse when you consider we should have done the double over Rangers at Fir Park last season. Only way I can see us beating one of them at the moment is through a MAJOR slice of good fortune.

Reckon we could be in for another hammering on Wednesday.

Anyone ever been in the hospitality at Celtic Park? Me, my dad and a mate are in there for the game - just wondering what'll be on the go (ie. will there be complimentary booze to make the mauling a little easier to take?!)

Anyone ever been in the hospitality at Celtic Park? - just wondering what'll be on the go (ie. will there be complimentary booze to make the mauling a little easier to take?!)

Two loaves, five fishes and a bottle of communion wine. :P After you have consumed that, you could maybe pray for another miracle on the park.

If we go with the same team / formation / attitude / naivety / charitable approach as saturday then we will get well and truly fuckin humped and we'll give Lennon's tadgers a shot in the arm.

I know Gordon is just keeping things ticking over - however more of the same won't do.

It could be his last game and he simply has to do something different - he's nothing to lose.

we'll get fuckin trounced otherwise

Randolph

Hateley

Reynolds

Hutchison

Hammell

Fitzpatrick

Forbes

Lasley

Gow

Sutton

Murphy