Matchday Ticket Info Required

rex everything

My Dad watched Motherwell a lot in the 50's & 60's before work took him to England. I wanted to take him to a game as a birthday present but I haven't been to Fir Park since the 70's and don't really know what the score is these days.

I'd planned to take him to either the Celtic or Hibernian match, we're traveling quite a way & he's not in the best of health these days so I considered one of the clubs hospitality packages.

I took a look at the club website but it looks like they only cater for larger groups or companies in terms of matchday hospitality.

Can anybody confirm if there is a matchday hospitality package available for smaller groups (2 people)?

I see there are 3 options, South Stand box, Centenary or Millennium Suite. Has anybody been in there in the past on a matchday and if so how did they find it?

If there are no matchday hospitality packages available to small groups am I best buying tickets in the East Stand or the main stand?

Apologies in advance if this subject has been covered previously.

Im not sure they do packages like that, i know their's 15 of us going to see Motherwell v Hamilton but i dont know about that.

If you were picking a stand i would pick the main stand. The east stand is fine but the main stand would be best for atmosphere if he wants to go and enjoy the game.

If he goes to see the Celtic game they do get a part of the main stand so not all the seats are available for it

Im not sure they do packages like that, i know their's 15 of us going to see Motherwell v Hamilton but i dont know about that.

If you were picking a stand i would pick the main stand. The east stand is fine but the main stand would be best for atmosphere if he wants to go and enjoy the game.

If he goes to see the Celtic game they do get a part of the main stand so not all the seats are available for it

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Best bet is to email / phone them and ask. I think there were some smaller groups (4) in the Centenary Suite when I was there but that was a couple of seasons ago.

I would also imagine you would have a better chance of a small group at the Hibs game.

Whit!? :unsure:

I'm assuming you just mixed your stands up there, rather than genuinely telling the guy that the atmosphere is better in the Main Stand!

We were in the Andy Payton suite for the Hamilton home game earlier in the season. It is fantastic you get a 4 course lunch and all the booze you can drink until 6 o clock (excluding match time). This includes half time refreshments. They even made me a special dairy free dinner at short notice (like on the day). This starts about 1200 and they chuck you out at 6. £140 each though and 2 people wouldn't be a problem.

Best bet is to email / phone them and ask. I think there were some smaller groups (4) in the Centenary Suite when I was there but that was a couple of seasons ago.

I would also imagine you would have a better chance of a small group at the Hibs game.

I suspected that might be the case after taking a quick look at the club website, I'll have a chat with my Dad on his birthday (7th) & ask him which game he would rather go to. Once that's settled I'll get in touch with the club, I thought I'd do some digging before hand first.

Keep an eye on here as well though, theres a guy called Flow who works for motherwell who might be able to give you more info

:unsure:

Cheers, I'll look out for him.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond gents.

Well i dont want the poor guys dad sitting next to folk like us and having pish from the toilets overflowing past him

Surely you should have just said "the Main Stand will be better if you don't have wellies" then, instead of suggesting the atmosphere in the Main Stand is better!? Most the time I forget the Main Stand even exists!

We were in the Andy Payton suite for the Hamilton home game earlier in the season. It is fantastic you get a 4 course lunch and all the booze you can drink until 6 o clock (excluding match time). This includes half time refreshments. They even made me a special dairy free dinner at short notice (like on the day). This starts about 1200 and they chuck you out at 6. £140 each though and 2 people wouldn't be a problem.

Sounds great, my Dad's on Warfarin at the minute and I'll be driving so the free booze will go to waste though.

Well i dont want the poor guys dad sitting next to folk like us and having pish from the toilets overflowing past him

Thanks for the consideration, last time I was at Fir Park was the late 70's (or perhaps early 80's). I seem to recall sitting on an open terrace behind a goal and clambering down a muddy bank to get to the toilets. Pretty certain that was the case but could be my memory playing tricks on me.

Thanks again gents of the info posted.

would recomend the hibs game, more chance of a better game and us winning (sad but true)

I take your point but I don't think the result will bother him, it will be just good for him to be surrounded by people who share a common interest. Not many people have an opinion on Motherwell in Yorkshire so a visit to Fir Park will be a welcome change.

Thing is Rex if you do go to the Celtic game you will be in a ground that has more away fans than home supporters, have an 'atmosphere' that is polluted with sectarian bile and if you are in the POD Stand you will have to share toilet and kiosk facilities with these cretins.......an accident waiting to happen. Far too much money to waste on that experience.

Hibs would be a totally different experience and probably a much better game of football. Plus hospitality will be a good bit cheaper.

Thing is Rex if you do go to the Celtic game you will be in a ground that has more away fans than home supporters, have an 'atmosphere' that is polluted with sectarian bile and if you are in the POD Stand you will have to share toilet and kiosk facilities with these cretins.......an accident waiting to happen. Far too much money to waste on that experience.

Hibs would be a totally different experience and probably a much better game of football. Plus hospitality will be a good bit cheaper.

Point taken Finlay and the heads up is really is appreciated, horrific to think that you lads have to put up with that sort of behavior.

In addition even though my Dad will be 75 in the morning I wouldn't be able guarantee he wouldn't kick off if faced with that sort of thing at Fir Park :drinks: