Fir Park

ItalianSteelmen

I loved the old Fir Park.

The new Fir Park I have never been, but have seen FP on the TV and some pictures. I miss the old terrecing the old East Stand I loved standing between the pitch and the main stand. However that is all in the past and stored in the memory bank.

Where would Fir Park 2 be built? Strathclyde Park? Ravenscraig? or Airdrie? :lol:

Will NLC allow us to rebuild our beloved Fir Park where she is? There is room behind the East Stand the school can be moved, and here is an out the box thought rearrange the pitch to run east west...at least the new Main Stand would be the length of the pitch :nod:

What's that? Money yeah well the UK's skint init :( so the Gov wont come to the party.

So, we patch up, till someone wi a shit load o' money and rebuilds Fir Park.

Or will the moaners on here chase that away?

We will be here at our beloved Fir Park for some time to come me thinks :rolleyes:

Could it be that we exiles in Australia have fantastic stadiums and are spoilt?

http://www.skilledpark.com.au/

Might not be a monumental feat but it is way more expensive. Materials, workforce (bet our engineers will be paid a lot more than those in Cyprus) and time will cost far too much money for a club like us, unless the (local) Government decide to get on the act (like they do in Cyprus, Spain, Norway, Sweden etc..).

Why do people always look to other countries and never take into the fact a) We'll not likely have have government (even local) backing (like many European Clubs) and b) our prices would be double for half of these exact replicas...

Might not be a monumental feat but it is way more expensive. Materials, workforce (bet our engineers will be paid a lot more than those in Cyprus) and time will cost far too much money for a club like us, unless the (local) Government decide to get on the act (like they do in Cyprus, Spain, Norway, Sweden etc..).

Why do people always look to other countries and never take into the fact a) We'll not likely have have government (even local) backing (like many European Clubs) and b) our prices would be double for half of these exact replicas...

Maybe it's bacause it's hypothetical and has no chance of ever being constructed.

*The reason Mallorca have been quoted €15m is because San Moix is pre existing stadium with no real concession for a roof on that stand. It is also a shit hole built on the cheap.*