Buses To Stranraer

Sg_mfc86

I've posted this a few times on bus threads, why can the club not run buses like they used to?

It was always successful and even more so in cup games. I mind them taking something like 13 buses to Kilmarnock or somewhere like that for a cup game years ago, they used to put buses on for every away game and we could usually get a few buses leaving from outside the FP club for most games, all you had to do was phone the club and book your bus and pay on the day. Even if it was only 1 or 2 buses for a game then surely that's a bonus. Fuck that looking about trying to get buses from different pubs when it could be so much easier.

I've posted this a few times on bus threads, why can the club not run buses like they used to?

It was always successful and even more so in cup games. I mind them taking something like 13 buses to Kilmarnock or somewhere like that for a cup game years ago, they used to put buses on for every away game and we could usually get a few buses leaving from outside the FP club for most games, all you had to do was phone the club and book your bus and pay on the day. Even if it was only 1 or 2 buses for a game then surely that's a bonus. Fuck that looking about trying to get buses from different pubs when it could be so much easier.

Don't know if this applies to cup games but it might have something to do with the fact that the home club keeps 100% of the gate income. The club might hold that view that every penny spend away from home is potentially one that Motherwell have missed out on.

Don't know if this applies to cup games but it might have something to do with the fact that the home club keeps 100% of the gate income. The club might hold that view that every penny spend away from home is potentially one that Motherwell have missed out on.

The gate money is split ,something like 60/40 .Might be wrong on the split difference but it is split between the two clubs.

John Bryce, who ran one of the two buses from the Joker is planning on doing a bus to Stranraer from there on Saturday if costs/numbers are favourable.

You can get him on 07922440242 or see him and Tony on Wednesday night when they'll be selling programmes at the wedding shop.

Has the club released any ticket info yet?

I would be up for a bus leaving from anywhere in Lanarkshire really

Tickets for the Scottish Cup 5th Round clash with Stranraer on Saturday 5th February 2011 will be available on the gate at Stair Park with admission prices as follows:

ADULTS: £15

CONCESSIONS: £7

JUVENILE: £5