2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

There is nothing to apologise for, as tottenmfc puts it, you're clutching at straws citing this as a convoluted and tenuous link.

Despite Dazzer sending me a PM citing his hurt, I will not rescind it unless asked to do so by a moderator/admin. And even then there would have to be adequate justification rather than knee-jerk reaction because the PC police kick in.

There is nothing to apologise for, as tottenmfc puts it, you're clutching at straws citing this as a convoluted and tenuous link.

Despite Dazzer sending me a PM citing his hurt, I will not rescind it unless asked to do so by a moderator/admin. And even then there would have to be adequate justification rather than knee-jerk reaction because the PC police kick in.

There is something to apologise for... it's whether or not you feel the need to do it that's relevant. You're supposedly involved with the club on this Supporters Advisory Committee, and as such you supposedly have a position of trust to represent all fans from all backgrounds at any level.

Personally? I don't care about the statement much, but whether or not you should be seen to be caring or not is another sentiment entirely.

As for the thread as a whole, get it back on topic or it'll be locked.

• Like 2

meechan played against rangers a couple of seasons ago and looked one of the best players on the park.

then he was sent out on loan and done well by all accounts.

i've heard from a few different folk that he liked a wee drink and mccall wasn't too pleased at that.

That's amazing if true, potentially screwed up big time there by letting a player go when we could've gotten some decent cash or return for him.

Just heard that Steven Meechan has just signed for Nottingham Forrest, on £5000 a week.

Not bad going after being released by us, going to work at KwikFit Insurance and then trying his luck at (I think) Kettering!

Given he only signed for Kettering late in July and played for them at the weekend I would be surprised. Nothing on Forrest or Ketterring's sites. However they may just be as slow as us at publishing stuff.

Given he only signed for Kettering late in July and played for them at the weekend I would be surprised. Nothing on Forrest or Ketterring's sites. However they may just be as slow as us at publishing stuff.

i thought he looked overweight and pretty gash anytime i seen him

would be shocked if true

It came from one of his mates, who also was released by us. Of course, it is possible that he was winding his mate up...

From your Favourite Football Rumour site!

08 Sep 2011 13:02:00

Patrick Cryne this week will come out and explain the financial situation at Barnsley. There are strong rumours that Barnsley could be close to administration if they don't get rid of players on pre contracts or on loan upto and in January.

-Luke Steele could be in talks with Birmingham City after he was seen around the St Andrews area on Tuesday night. Chris Hughton is keen on bringing a goalkeeper in January and the high interest in the former England under 21 keeper is never ending.

-Nathan Doyle is set to join Manchester United on trial after some very impressive performances for Barnsley last season. Doyle is only 24 years old and could sign a one year deal with United after Barnsley put a price tag on the former Hull City player of around £300,000.

-Unsurprisingly Danny Haynes looks set to leave Barnsley. Haynes is apparently entering talks with Motherwell this coming week. Haynes is wanting to move away from Oakwell after a fall out with Keith Hill, with also the wages set to be cut. Haynes could be signed next week on a pre contract agreement.

-Jim O'Brien is another player that has come under scrutiny at Oakwell and could join Rotherham United on loan next weekend until December 3rd.

-Craig Davies could end up leaving Oakwell after being told by Keith Hill the pressure is on the former Chesterfield striker to score goals. Davies is wanted by former club Chesterfield on loan and a deal could be thrashed out in the next month.

-Second choice goalkeeper David Preece will be mutually released and will sign a one month rolling contract with Swiss side FC Basel. Preece will still carry on doing journelism for Barnsley FC but is still wanting a couple more years playing professional football.

-Barnsley have accepted a £100,000 bid from Swedish side Halmstad for Serb midfielder Goran Lovre.

-Andy Gray has already been told by Keith Hill that he will be sold or loaned out and could see an incoming bid from Southampton either now or in January.

Like all rumour site please take it for what it is

Latest from the Rumour Site... Seems we like the Jamaican links!

08 Sep 2011 13:17:25

Jamal Campbell-Ryce has handed a transfer request in at Bristol City and has told Keith Millen he never wants to play for the club again. This has come after Millen told the former Jamaica international that he wants him to sort his attitude out. JCR is currently holding talks with Motherwell over a possible loan deal for January, which could be made permanent in the summer. Whatever the price, City will lose the price they paid Barnsley for him.

England to Scotland transfer window rules, presumably. He's not a free agent, so need to abide by those.

EDIT: assuming there is any truth in the rumour, of course.

could it not go through as an emergency loan though? assuming there is any truth in the rumour of course.