2011/12 Ins & Outs Thread

LadywellToi

My concern this season is what we will do if Law is suspended/injured later in the campaign. He is the creative spark we needed in the midfield and we don't have much in the way of backup in that position.

Hughes would be a good man to have to add that extra option, and cover for such a situation.

I imagine he'll be receiving more lucrative offers, though and would be surprised if he did sign for us - unless he takes a short term deal to put himself in the shop window.

I imagine he'll be receiving more lucrative offers, though and would be surprised if he did sign for us - unless he takes a short term deal to put himself in the shop window.

I'd be amazed if he did have more offers. I'd take him though, definitely

Wonder how much he is on just now :huh:

Faddy was without a Club and used the Club. Couldn't afford him. Unemployment doesn't necesarily mean we can get him. He'll know what he wants and what he will be looking for when he can prove he is 100% match fit and injury free. If the likes of Hibs showed an interest we would be gubbed.

Same token Bob Malcolm is apparently at Killie just now. Goes on quite a fair bit.

I don't think hughes would get a chance if he returned now... When he came the first time he replaced Kerr in Midfield so couldn't really be moved but now, we have too much quality in our midfield for him to just walk in. he'd need to be at his best every single day in training and every week in the games to retain a spot in the Starting XI.

I dont even think its on the cards. McCall won't be looking at a player that would force a benchwarmer off the bench. Hughes is a no go, for me..

Was a great player for us, but we don't need him. Current squad has done us proud so far this season so why risk disrupting the team and we have plenty of talent on the bench to cover injuries and suspension. Forbes, Lawless, McHugh et al are more than good enough and deserve their chance if it's forthcoming. Would rather have the younger lads as cover than pay Hughes' wages just for him to be a squad player.

If anything I think the guys who have been playing midield just now would be a tad upset if he 'walked' into the team and the last thing we need now is any disruption to team harmony. Only sign if he understood he is covering the lads in case of injury. Didn't do enough for me in the important games when he was here and had a tendency to hide too much for my liking.

Found some rare footage, a Stephen Hughes goal...:whistling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF46EbXykpA

Remember it well, some wild celebrations in the Well end after he equalized. Shame we lost it late on.

I was one of his biggest fans when we first had him but I'm not sure he's what we need. Not sure we can fit him in without messing with the balance of the team too much, a team that's been very succesful so far. Then again at home we do seem to lack a cutting edge at times, maybe he could be the player to play that defence splitting pass that we've been lacking. He's just had the final year of His Norwich contract payed up to him in a lump sum so he can't be short of a bit of dosh. A short term deal to put him in the shop window might suit both parties, much like Maurice Ross is doing at Livingston for minimum wage. He obviously isn't exactly inundated with offers so might be tempted to just get some games under his belt.

I wouldn't push the boat out to get him but if a deal could be struck to suit both parties then I would be happy with the signing.

i heard he was training with us about 4 weeks ago he just bought a house at the back of firpark where the old college used to be

am sure his kids still went to school here even when he moved to norwich, dont really know what to make of it to be honest

replacement for jennings maybe? and im sure he knocked back aberdeen at the start of the season, the comments on the website

sounds as if were just helping him out not actually looking to sign him could go either way dont see him getting a move down south

maybe looking to settle down at a kilmarnock or st mirren or we could just sign him and get it over and done with deffo would take him.