Cup Final Tickets

Taff

Similar concerns over Nancy, Inverurie, Llanelli, and Odense away with regards to availability of tickets and things all worked out in the end. Altjough this match is more important than the ones listed I'm confident it will be the same again this time.

Surprised no one has made much of an issue over the fact that a Celtic fan will have a chance almost every year to see their team in a final. By my logic, a celtic fan may support the team for 40 years, say 20 of those years will see a cup final for them, that means even if celtic are allocated 1000 tickets each final, that celtic fan will still have a greater oppurtunity to see their team in the final than a well fan might right now, when their team is in the final once in their lifetime.

So give us aw the tickets! :rolleyes:

http://www.steelmenonline.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=10585&view=findpost&p=282934

Similar concerns over Nancy, Inverurie, Llanelli, and Odense away with regards to availability of tickets and things all worked out in the end. Altjough this match is more important than the ones listed I'm confident it will be the same again this time.

Not to mention the last Cup Final we were in. Did any 'Well fan fail to get a brief for the CIS Final?

Just been on the Official Celtic site, my Norton was going mental with all the virus' and flash banners reminding everyone they are the world's most downtrodden group.

Anyway there is a cheeky wee calculator app that you can employ, its called the "Sevillulator", here is what I plugged in to see what it came out with, I put in the official Hampden capacity the Sevillulator does the rest automatically and gives you a result .... very clever:

You Entered: 52,103

SFA Allocation: (-10,000*) = 42,103

Divide by 2: 21,052 - we get the extra 1 using the "oor lawyer is bigger than your lawyer" chant until they give in

Add 10% "Moan like Fuck" Factor: (2,105) = 23,157

New Anti-Irish Surcharge: (1,690) = 24,847

Downtrodden by Establishment Tax: (500) = 25,347

Conspiracy Theory Overhead: (500) = 25,847

Neil Lennon's bodyguard shield: (256) = 26,103

Other support: 16,000 (they should feel very fortunate)

NB

* Fear not, 99% of the 10,000 SFA allocation will almost all go to fellow Bhoys through all the 40 diddy teams and sponsors.

You then hit a button "BhoysOnTourMultiplyer" and the 26,103 miraculously adds a zero to make 261,030 who can claim they were definitely there.

Not to mention the last Cup Final we were in. Did any 'Well fan fail to get a brief for the CIS Final?

That was the diddy cup. :whistling:

it might be that everyone who wants one gets one but if there is no general sale then that probably won't happen so it's no wonder that us non st holders are a little worried.

If it comes down to a ballot for all non st holders then they'll either need to get a st holder to get them tickets or take the chance of missing out.I don't know that many st holders and the ones i do will probably be using the 4 tickets so wtf am i supposed to do?this might seem a bit ott since the details aren't 100% yet but i refuse to miss out so is there anyone who knows for sure they'll have 2 spare tickets who'd be willing to give me them for an extra fiver each on top of the ticket price? if anybody wants to take me up on that pm me.

There is a squad of us going to the final mate and a few are season ticket holders so if you are stuck i could probably give you voucher 16 from one of the books that way you are guaranteed to get one but you would have to pick it up from New Stevenston.

JT.

Everyone I knew got Tickets but a few paid above the odds to get one via ebay etc after missing out, I'm positive a few posters on here had to do the same thing.

I mean what would be the breakdown of Tickets -

1st Pick - Season Tickets Holders, Players and Motherwell Staff will get dibs.

2nd - Supporters Associations etc..

3rd - Ballot

4th - Public Sale

I hope I'm wrong but I think there is some folk that have every reason to be sweating. Hopefully a few Season Ticket holders not using all there tickets make them available to some fans on here.

How great was the support that day?

Brilliant.

Full of die hards and all sorts of day trippers

Yep, my ex was a day tripper that day. She seen the state I came in after the semi replay and wasn't letting me out on my own on Cup Final day!

I did manage to get to Motherwell on the Sunday though!

same old story but just think how loud 16,000 will sound. I just need to know when they go on sale and how many per season ticket! Don't really care how much they are!!

it won't sound any louder than at the semi and will probably be quieter as the fans who normally go to games and will be getting worked up and behind the team will sitting miles apart seperated by people who couldn't really give a toss. let's just hope that only people who will actually sing buy for the singing section as we are already at a massive disadvantage and are pretty much the away side. celtic will have the celtic end, the entire north stand and no doubt the majority of the corporate and members tickets. it's likely we will only have 30% of the touchline and they'll have 70%, pretty much the situation when celtic are the away team at ibrox.

I think there is also a slight possibility that Celtic fans make a co-ordinated online effort to fill our end with their fans. Might not happen till their end is sold out, but it could happen. At least if the only way to get tickets was to queue it would limit this possibilty.

if our end is heavily infiltrated by celtic fans someone should be getting their p45.

this is a bigger occassion.

there will be more people wanting to go and tims attempting to infiltrate as well. there should be another level of sales to fans who don't have season tickets this season that are on the database before it goes totally public.

The singing section point is a good one. At the semi final there were a good few folk around me who clearly had no real intention of actually singing.

I dunno if they'd just gotten tickets for there without knowing where they were getting tickets actually for, or they fancied being in the middle of the atmosphere without actually bothering their arse contributing to it. Either or, might be worth reinforcing the first word in "Singing Section" when folk are buying tickets.

Can't ye pay in installements for STs these days?

And I think part of what your paying for with a season ticket is priority for big game tickets, so I don't think it's an issue of people taking the moral high ground at all.

Anyone who's on the database is effectively gauranteed a ticket tbe honest anyway seeing as there'll be at the VERY LEAST 5000 tickets left after ST sales. And there certainly won't be more than 5000 well fans who couldn't get a ticket via an ST holder.

All a fuss about nothin if I'm perfectly honest.

dont realy want to go down the installment rout as im payed by the hour and my work is shit with hours so never know how much im goin to get payed each month....

like i said before though, regular pay at the gate fans are actually paying more that season ticket holders, so i dont get the whole " season tickets are paying for priority" thing.

i think if the club were clever about it, next season what they should do is hand out booklets for pay at the gate fans, the fans get the booked stamped at the turn style (which would take less that 5 seconds to do) and there is a record of how many home games they have attended, so when these big occasion come up, we dont loose out! it doesnt have to be a page per stamp, it can be 2-3 pages and each page broken into sections so there is no excuse for cost, or even a template put on the website for fans to download and print out themselves, so there is NO cost to the club at all.....

dont realy want to go down the installment rout as im payed by the hour and my work is shit with hours so never know how much im goin to get payed each month....

like i said before though, regular pay at the gate fans are actually paying more that season ticket holders, so i dont get the whole " season tickets are paying for priority" thing.

i think if the club were clever about it, next season what they should do is hand out booklets for pay at the gate fans, the fans get the booked stamped at the turn style (which would take less that 5 seconds to do) and there is a record of how many home games they have attended, so when these big occasion come up, we dont loose out! it doesnt have to be a page per stamp, it can be 2-3 pages and each page broken into sections so there is no excuse for cost, or even a template put on the website for fans to download and print out themselves, so there is NO cost to the club at all.....

I suppose its got to do with the fact that all football clubs do their financial planning in the summer for the forthcoming season, commitment by season ticket holders to pay up front for all games despite if the on pitch performances diminish or we end up in mid table twilight zone for the last half dozen games. The clubs reward those individuals with lower average admission prices and access to harder to come by tickets.

If you are advocating getting rid of bulk discounts or benefits for repeat custom then you better get on the blower to Costco and Zonecard, well 99% of all UK business' and tell them too.

From what you've said you attend home games infrequently at £18-20 but can't afford £24 per month spread over the course of a year? Sure you aren't looking for excuses and looking to pick holes? If you were clever about it, don't buy your kitkat and can of irn bru once a week and I'm sure you wouldn't fall into the bread-line.

The club will move to a faster and more robust system if they implement a swipecard entry system such as at a few grounds here and pioneered in Italy where your personal club ID is also a credit card (that earns the club 1-2% of your purchases) and the magnetic strip is used to access and activate the turnstyle. The high initial cost is the only factor why its not universal.

However back to the Cup Final chat, I'd suggest that every Well fan will get a brief. Not every season ticket holder will take 4. To quote a post above, calm yer jets.

But do you have a season ticket ? or are u gonna buy one for next season ?

ive got an apop season ticket :nod: [local team]

had a motherwell st for over 30 years before i moved

ive probs seen more motherwell games than a good few this season B-)

brechin away

forfar away

6 euro games

killie away

hertz home

killie home

cis semi[got tae the gate]

celtic last game of the season

cup final

+ apop games inbetween

ive got an apop season ticket :nod: [local team]

had a motherwell st for over 30 years before i moved

ive probs seen more motherwell games than a good few this season B-)

brechin away

forfar away

6 euro games

killie away

hertz home

killie home

cis semi[got tae the gate]

celtic last game of the season

cup final

+ apop games inbetween

Damn these glory hunting day trippers

(although I dare say the trips have to be more than a day) :evilgrin: maybe you can apply for a press accreditation on the basis of being official steelemen online photographer. :nod:

The singing section point is a good one. At the semi final there were a good few folk around me who clearly had no real intention of actually singing.

I dunno if they'd just gotten tickets for there without knowing where they were getting tickets actually for, or they fancied being in the middle of the atmosphere without actually bothering their arse contributing to it. Either or, might be worth reinforcing the first word in "Singing Section" when folk are buying tickets.

Singing Section was great at the Semi Final. A few folk tried to sit down and get the folk around them to do the same, was never going to happen when pretty much 95% of the section had absolutely no intention of sitting down :drinks: