Motherwell Vs Rangers Discussion Thread

David

In the middle of cup final fever it's easy to forget that we still have a handful of league games left, including the visit of the blue bigot brothers this Saturday.

Now, putting the boot into the Old Firm's title hopes is always something that I enjoy, even if I do just want the season to end so we can get to cup final day!

I'm going to go with a draw for this one. I can see us getting a goal or two, and Rangers doing the same.

We've already beaten Celtic at home, we need to do over Rangers as well in this season of seasons.

It will also probably end Rangers title hopes and put to bed any end of season controversy which I'm sure everyone wants to avoid.

Rangers at Fir Park was arguably our worst home performance of the season but I think we'll be up for this one with the Final coming up and we will want to prove a thing or two.

Rangers have pumped us 3 times this year with us conceding 14 league goals in the process.

What better way to repay them for the doings in the league and the defeat in the semi than to take a result off them this weekend and affectively fuck there league push.

Here's hoping. I fancy a 1-1 draw but would love a victory, maybe 1-0.

If the Whyte buyout goes ahead we could have a simular result to when Fergus McCann took over at the Mhankies. Fuck them on there reborn day.

I was on the official site there looking at the ticket sales for this game. Apart from a few in the east its a sell out according to the site. Cant be true surely.

Ps, just in case you don't know if you click the section you want to buy a ticket for it tells you what seats are available etc. Quite smart like.

Think everyone who left the ground that day, including the players knew we could beat anyone.That's why i think a win could be really important on saturday in our quest to lift the cup .So a repeat will do for me :cheers:

ps What time do the turnstiles shut ,got to get from work in sunny govan to the Ark but dont finish till noon.dry.gif

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoVMEPBfC3Y

The time we pumped them at Fir Park en route to Hampden in 1991 was pure class. A repeat of that would be great.

Dunno what Knox is ramblin about in the middle of the clip as I don't have sound. I hope he's pure greetin.

I cant believe that's at fir park. Bloody stinky's all over the place.

Rangers were marginally ahead in the title race and if I remember right a win at FP gave them the title. A draw or a light (single goal) defeat kept them in pole. However a 3-0 gubbing handed the initiative to The Sheep. All they needed to do was turn up at Ibrox and get a draw. History shows Smithy's Bottlers bottle crashed and the bun eaters won the title anyway. We did our bit though.

A win this Saturday, 4th consecutive term in European competition secured... Simples?

aye if we win the beach balls and shades should be out at tannadice the following week. get it right up houston, thompson and a few thousand braindeads dundonians

this would be a great game to win. we haven't beat them in nine and a half years, we need to get the monkey of our back. it would also mean we will have defeated all 11 other spl teams this season.

aye if we win the beach balls and shades should be out at tannadice the following week. get it right up houston, thompson and a few thousand braindeads.

this would be a great game to win. we haven't beat them in nine and a half years, we need to get the monkey of our back. it would also mean we will have defeated all 11 other spl teams this season.

fling in heggy to that mix

I'm pretty sure the 3-0 win in 91 was the first team i'd been to see us play Rangers. At the time, Ireally thought we were the best team kicking about in Scotland.

Daftly confident about Saturday. While Rangers usually win when they need to win, their creative players seem to be running on empty at the moment. At the same time though, I'm well aware that we are due to be brought back down to earth with a bump.

I believe that they are there for the taking on Saturday, as long as we get at them from the off, and of course they don't get any help from the match officials! Team wise I'd be happier if we can get Jenno and Hump back in the side.

We are long overdue a win against this mob, but I'd be content with a draw.

I believe that they are there for the taking on Saturday, as long as we get at them from the off, and of course they don't get any help from the match officials! Team wise I'd be happier if we can get Jenno and Hump back in the side.

We are long overdue a win against this mob, but I'd be content with a draw.

Those must be two of the most repeated phrases in this history of this forum in regard to games against Rangers. You could just copy paste your pre match thoughts before every single game we play against them. :lol:

Anyway I reckon we're a stick on for a point from this one aswell with a 0-0 or 1-1 draw. I know it's hard to get excited about the remaining league games just now and the only date on every Motherwell supporters mind is the 21st May, but I really hope we can get somewhere near a decent home support on Saturday because this is our first game back at FP since we reached the final and it would be great to see the team getting a really good support.

Of the games we have left before the final this is the one we could really do with winning. No three goal starts this week Motherwell please. They are not nearly as good now as they were when we lost last two league games to them and we have improved so reason for some belief. Keep them quiet for thirty mins and they'll get twitchy. Really hopeful.

Anyway I reckon we're a stick on for a point from this one aswell with a 0-0 or 1-1 draw. I know it's hard to get excited about the remaining league games just now and the only date on every Motherwell supporters mind is the 21st May, but I really hope we can get somewhere near a decent home support on Saturday because this is our first game back at FP since we reached the final and it would be great to see the team getting a really good support.

it's a good chance to secure europe for next season. we should be trying to get someone in the papers tomorrow or friday to emphasise that point and get the troops rallied

it looks like we'd be seeded in the second and third qualifiying rounds if we make it so another good adventure could be on the cards. :cheers:

------------------------------Randolph--------------------------

Ross-----------Hutchinson-----Gunning---------Hammell

----------------------Lasley---------Hateley--------------------

Jones---------------------------------------------------Murphy

----------------------Sutton---------Jeffers------------------------

I feel we've got an excellent chance on Saturday if can continue our fine finish to Saturdays game v Hearts. Big bonus that Weiss ain't playing for them anymore as he's ripped us apart everytime this season. I thought the Ross/Jones combination worked really well down the right hand side at the weekend and would like to see them given the chance again. Jeffers will have a point to prove against his former club and hopefully the team will be right up for revenge from Februarys demolishment.

2-0 to us another Sutton double. Mon the Well!!!!!