Ideas To Get The Toon Up For The Final

Martin

Well impressed with the shops etc, most of them have decorated the front windows and 'Wilkies even has a DVD showing 'Well games. Superb.

Funday also caught the imagination of the kids today with a competition to find pictures of current 'Well players placed in shops, face painting, football games, claret & amber and some Motherwell players also present. Big WELL DONE to everyone involved and all for the shops to allow hordes of Motherwell fans rampage their shop!!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Winners of the best dressed shop competition were announced at half 2 at the 'Well shop in the town centre. The top 3 shops were us, Wilkinsons and Denholms, but Denholms won in the end. Booo! :(. Town looks amazing though, big well done to everyone involved.

took a wee wander through the 'shopping centre' today and must admit I wa pleasantly surprised at how many shops took part in the windae dressing. loads of folk cutting about in 'well gear as well, although a fair amount of beggars prancing about in the green and grey hoops as well.

shoul we be boycotting the shops that never took part, as they are obviously rattler sympathisers?

p.s. strangest thing I seen today was a wee lassie wearing a cellic strip buying a 'well flag off one of the vendors :blink: !!

took a wee wander through the 'shopping centre' today and must admit I wa pleasantly surprised at how many shops took part in the windae dressing. loads of folk cutting about in 'well gear as well, although a fair beggars prancing about in the green and grey hoops as well.

shoul we be boycotting the shops that never took part, as they are obviously rattler sympathisers?

p.s. strangest thing I seen today was a wee lassie wearing a cellic strip buying a 'well flag off one of the vendors :blink: !!

Seen a wee boy with a celtic top buying a 'Well flag tae.

Sad to see my old work no bothering it's arse this time around after winning a similar competition in 2005. Tattie munchers must have taken over the place.

Good effort all round though, certainly gets the adrenalin flowing that wee bit more.

Aye, fair play to the cooncil. when I heard there was bunting up, I was expecting green, white & gold fae that shower.

And to all the shop-owners in the precinct, again, well done. Pleasantly surprised to see the place awash wi' God's colours.

Noo let's get right into this mob on Saturday & gie the goodies in our area a reason to party!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Aye, I had a wander down the town today and for once in god knows how long, the place actually looked cheerful, there was a buzz about the place and it actually felt like it had a bit of soul about it.

Chuffed.

Games a bogey. Was standing in the Spar or Nisa as it is now in Bellshill this morning. Two guys having a chat at the paper stand, both guys I would guess as mid to late 50's.

Ist guy says, 'you seen the state ae Murrawell toon centre?'

other mutant replies 'naw, how',

Ist drongo 'it's aaw Murrawell shit, fur da cup final'

Mutanto 2 'Dats shocking it's a Sellick toon an aw'

At which point I proceeded to burst out laughing and replied 'the clues in the name for fuck sake, Motherwell town Centre'. Both looked at me with blank expressions that could only have been gained from 30yrs of standing in a dole queue!!!

Sums these Fuckwits up.

• Like 1

P140511_1312_02.jpg

P140511_1313.jpg

P140511_1407_02.jpg

P140511_1413_01.jpg

P140511_1418.jpg

Theres my pics for the day.

Since before i even moved to motherwell i used to think to myself that you wouldn't know motherwell had a spl club with all the rangers and celtic tops floating about. There's no sign of mfc anywhere in the town and it done my head in quite a bit like :blush:

Anyway the last few weeks up the street and around the town motherwell shirts have outnumbered old firm shirts.

Iv seen cars and houses flying well flags in east kilbride,wishaw,newmains and even barrhead.

Yesterday was the icing on the cake. seeing all them kids with there well tops on running about the shops trying to find pictures of players for there competition. Seeing all the shops done up and well fans strutting about there town centre looking at all the displays.

The people of this town and further afield are proud of there football club but its up to the club to exploit that pride in bring these people through the turnstiles.

Yesterday for once mfc wasn't tucked away in there corner of motherwell being so quiet nobody give a shite about them, They were in the town centre as proud as could be. In the faces of old firm fans and saying, this is our town. :woop:

• Like 2

"Yesterday for once mfc wasn't tucked away in there corner of motherwell being so quiet nobody give a shite about them, They were in the town centre as proud as could be. In the faces of old firm fans and saying, this is our town."

And all to a background of Bruce Springsteen singing My Hometown. Then again, maybe not.

• Like 1