Motherwell Vs Inverness Discussion Thread

David

good to see us getting our first clean sheet on the board as well.

you cannae beat having three points in the bag and looking forward to reading every match report you can get your hands on. it's nice to have a bit of optimism around, bring on killie. :thumbup:

You didnae read yesterdays Express then? Gary Keown spent 3/4 of his report trying to sell Murphy. Muppet. :wallbash:

You didnae read yesterdays Express then? Gary Keown spent 3/4 of his report trying to sell Murphy. Muppet. :wallbash:

Supposedly the SUN was the exact same... Someone mentioned to me that 95% on it was how good Murphy is, and that he would do wonders for either half of the Old Firm, the other 5% about the goals... :wallbash:

to be fair gary keown made a few good points about jamie getting more attention from english clubs than scottish (remember he was shunned from the ypoty list last season) and he called levein out for including maguire ahead of him.

i didn't like the bit about 'would cost less than half the price of goodwillie' bit. nae chance.

To be expected. All we can do is hope that Murphy is smart enough to listen to the likes of Stuart McCall and continue his progress.

He should be in no rush, as a big move will be waiting for him at the end of this season, especially if he does well in the campaign.

First chance to post since Saturday. Absolutely fantastic start to the season and great to get win under our belts after day 1. To echo what most posters have said, we were great going foward and Law, Murphy and Hammell all linked great. I was impressed with Higdon to be honest, Lasley and Craigan had good games and everyone else got pass marks. Law certainly has added a much needed creative edge to our play.

I thought the referee had a shocker and I'm surprised more people haven't picked up on that. We had 3 players booked for hee haw whilst he missed, or chose to ignore a blatant handball by ICT and a body check to Murphys face. He also gave a foul, without even seeing it, in front of the East Stand when he turned round and saw the ICT player on his way down despite not being touched. The free kick they hit the post with wasn't a foul in the first place either!

We did ride our luck a bit a times. Had ICT been a bit sharper in front of goal we would've conceded at least 1 but thems the breaks and plenty have went against us in the past.

My/our concerns are now that Murphy is so instrumental to anything good we do, how the hell do we replace him if he is injured or worst leaves!

to be fair gary keown made a few good points about jamie getting more attention from english clubs than scottish (remember he was shunned from the ypoty list last season) and he called levein out for including maguire ahead of him.

he doesn't deserve fair cos he's never been fair with us. Calling Levein out was more to back up his points. c**t (Keown that is not you) :thumbup:

We had 3 players booked for hee haw whilst he missed

Not want to defend the referee, but Lasley should have been booked much earier for a professional foul when he pulled back a Caley player on the break.

I am also shocked there has been no mention of Higdon's little tussle, which the referee seemed to miss despite being right in front of him.

I am also shocked there has been no mention of Higdon's little tussle, which the referee seemed to miss despite being right in front of him.

I forgot about that wee incident,. Higdon can count himself lucky the referee didn't see it, looked to me like he had quite a good swing at Tokeley!

I forgot about that wee incident,. Higdon can count himself lucky the referee didn't see it, looked to me like he had quite a good swing at Tokeley!

somebody having a swing at that c**t tokeley has been long overdue

From what I could see it looked like Higdon was trying to free himself from the clutches ofTokely, he was all over our man and somehow managed to get away without a booking despite his typical clugging all game.