Motherwell V Hearts Discussion Thread

postiejim

Its not we couldn't cope more rather it gave them more momentum La's being sent off as they were a goal down and already throwing all they could at us. Some perspective please ;) We did win after all.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, but that's not the point I was making.

Lasley should have been taken off before he was sent off IMO. In a game we were in control of, a goal up, against ten men who hadn't offered much I thought we could have subbed him as he was knackered and on a yellow card - two things that don't go well together. McCall for whatever reason doesn't seem to like using his subs. The reason's for that are up for debate.

I know we won, and as I said I'm delighted. I just think his red card could have been avoided.

blah Blah Blah Humphrey didnae do this Blah blah blah Hateley didn't get forward enough , Blah Blah McCall should have done this/that /the next thing. Blah blah blah 3 Games no goals lost, top of the league East stand what the fuck do you want/expect /hope/dream of ,jesus christ. Think some of our supporters are on crack :wallbash:

• Like 1

PRO's

2nd half

Hateley recapturing his form

Higdon's timing

The result - games like that is what you need to grind out to be champions B-)

League table

Mood on the Hearts bus on the way back to the capital

CON's

1st half

The attitude of many of the support to John Sutton

Lasley's red

Humphrey's decision making (apart from the cross he put inch perfect onto Jamie's forehead)

NB Is it just me or would it appear that Law and Hammell have been tasked with more defensive duties than they were before? There doesn't seem to be the same overlaps and triangles between them and Murphy as there was in earlier games.

NB Is it just me or would it appear that Law and Hammell have been tasked with more defensive duties than they were before? There doesn't seem to be the same overlaps and triangles between them and Murphy as there was in earlier games.

Maybe but lets remember that Hearts are by far the best team we have played so far and in the 1st half effectively pushed us back and didn't let us get in there as often.

I'm going to make the assumption that you're disappointed by the boos towards Sutton and not the applause? There were a few boos from where I was in the Cooper but as soon as a few of us started clapping, the half-hearted boos were quickly drowned out.

He was a good player for us and deserved a warm welcome back but that's all he'll get.

"Welcome to the game John, now Craggs...go flatten him".

Just like to add my tuppence worth ,great second half from the team there was times it looked like we had 3 or 4 extra players not just 1 ,we just seemed to be everywhere Hearts couldn't do a thing about it .Hatley and Hammel were great on the flanks defensively and going forward ,the midfield was the proverbial engine room and up front Murphy ,Higdon and Humphrey all played there part. Just a mention for young Saunders he made a few mistakes but he and Craigan were solid for most of the match. Randolph tested twice and was more than capable. My man of the match Keith Lasley.

Spot the mistake :whistling:

NNDmF.jpg

CON's

1st half

Lasley's red

Humphrey's decision making (apart from the cross he put inch perfect onto Jamie's forehead)

Seriously, what did you expect? Unanimous applause and goodwill? He got cheered by some, booed by others. I doubt he expected any different.

blah Blah Blah Humphrey didnae do this Blah blah blah Hateley didn't get forward enough , Blah Blah McCall should have done this/that /the next thing. Blah blah blah 3 Games no goals lost, top of the league East stand what the fuck do you want/expect /hope/dream of ,jesus christ. Think some of our supporters are on crack :wallbash:

My thoughts exactly, Top of the League say no more! Well said that man.

My thoughts exactly, Top of the League say no more! Well said that man.

I great result yesterday and a good performance all round, yes there were a few glitches, and some outstanding performances, Hateley the highlight, Higdon linked up well with both Murphy and Humphrey, ok the end product is not always there from both wide men, but its coming and we are creating lots of chances or at least positions to get the ball in the box, Confidence seem to be high, and the longer the season goes on the better we will become.

Law impressed me yesterday but it appeared he sat back a little more than usual, when they went down to 10 men he flew forward and we could/should of added to are tally. Im starting to like Higdon and a goal next week would be the best thing for him.

Same team next week less Lasley, throw Forbes on the park somewhere.

Play with confidence next week and all 3 points will be heading for Fir park. Well done all the lads keep it up!

Had a guy near me constantly on at how shite Humph was yesterday. :wallbash:

We have that every week mate, frustrating at times but exciting to watch, it will all click into place soon and matey from the stand will have to find someone else to moan about! I thought Humphrey done well yesterday with his usual shinners thrown in. As long as he makes those mistakes he will stay Motherwell, as soon as he becomes mistake free he will be hounded out by other clubs. At present he is a major cog in the works here at Motherwell and box office regardless if you like him or not. Keep it up Top of the SPL.

Missed the game yesterday due to work but just watched the highlights. They didn't make too much of the goal on the radio but credit to Law for seeing the pass and Murphy for keeping his composure and finding the space after the slightly dodgy first touch, especailly when he had FOUR hearts players closing him down. Brilliant! Also Randolph's saves are worth a mention, he won us an absolute shitload of points last season and looks like he'll do the same this season.

Jambos kickback is absolutely hilarious in their defence of that nutcase Black. Some of the comments read "

LASLEY THREW HIS LEGS UNDER HIM!" and "What I'd say on the issue is that Lasley's foul (on Mrowiec?) which only got him a yellow was every bit as bad as Black's. I'd say both were yellows - meaty late challenges but genuine attempts for a loose ball. If not, both were reds. The ref got it wrong." as well as "Lasley gets there first but only by a fraction of a second and you can see why Black thought he might be the first to make contact with the ball...as it was, he didn't...but only missed it by the skin of his teeth.... "

Some of their fans admit it was as clear a red as you'll ever see, but to suggest Las deliberately got him sent off is ridiculous. Neither of Keith's challenges wer ered card offences. You got beat, Black's an erse, get over it.

Fantastic result yesterday and not a bad performance either, although the bit in the 2nd half when we didn't put in crosses or shots with the additional man and we kept to the left wing or going back to the keeper was frustrating.

I thought Hately was fantastic. Solid and good coming forward.

I do agree with some previous points re Humphrey, his crossing through the course of teh match was very poor and Higdon rightly had a go at him in the first half for it. He also should have on some corners or throw-ins but instead he just ran the ball out of play. He needs to improve.

Lasley and Jennings played well, Law looks amazing and the move into the middle suited him and opened up the play.

Saunders looked shaky and I for one am plaeased that Hasselbank is suspended next week.

Very positive time to be a 'well fan - roll on Saturday.

Good to hear on Sportscene last night that McCall would like to get in a player or two - the squad is very bare