Clyde, League Cup, Wednesday 24th August

Andy_P

Thought we were pretty good tonight at knocking it around, could have scored more, the established guys strolled through the game, including Forbes. Hollis had nothing to do so couldn't judge him, Humphrey did do well when he came on as he was running at people and beating them with ease.

Lawless, Halsman and Smith all looked sharp when they were on, McHugh, still not impressed, sclaffed a few crosses and was found hiding alot.

really? Didn't beat his man once and never got a cross in that I can remember. I'm a fan of his but expected him to do something tonight and he didn't. Did you think he played well?

Weird how 2 people at the same game see it so differently eh ? I did think he had a good game gave the full backs a torrid time and was unlucky not to score, and put in some good balls credited with the assist for Lawless' goal on the BBC website.

Good thing about these boards is everyone can give their opinion (sometimes laugh1.gif)

really? Didn't beat his man once and never got a cross in that I can remember. I'm a fan of his but expected him to do something tonight and he didn't. Did you think he played well?

Really?!

I thought he played very well...was being doubled up on as soon as he came on, and skinned both of them a few times. On one occasion he put one on his arse, powered past the other into the box and almost scored with an identical shot to Hateley's goal. Another that sticks in my mind was again being doubled up on, and going outside to the by-line with a decent back post cross the Smith (i think), just didn't get enough on. That's just off the top of my head....

Exactly what you would hope for in a game like this. A comfortable win, clean sheet, some confidence gleaned for some and a nice introduction to first team life for a few youngsters.

Clyde looked up for it early on and whilst they were comfortable enough for him they were forcing the odd save here and there from Hollis. In contrast we looked a little disjointed with some disjointed passes and some wayward shooting.

As soon as got the goal though you felt it was game over. Great to see Higdon get off the mark and just as pleasing that we managed to score from a corner, given how many we've had this season.

Nicky Law's goal was a cracking individual effort and really put it to bed. Like Higdon fingers crossed that's just the start for him too.

The second half was complete domination and given their keeper had two or three good saves and we came close on a couple of other occasions it could really have been six or seven easily enough. Two further fine finishes from Hateley and Lawless to round it off nice and neat at four.

A good night's work by all concerned!

• Like 1

Humphrey was pants again. No confidence at all. Law hatley and Forbes all had a great game

I'm not his greatest fan either but he had a fair game tonight, beating men and cutting inside. Few misplaced passes and crossing was better.

Alan Temple's match report on the official site had me reaching for my dictionary...

And, even allowing for some second period profligacy, scratch_one-s_head.gif Motherwell still had time to make it four with a powerful left-footed effort

prof·li·gate

adj.

1. Given over to dissipation; dissolute.

2. Recklessly wasteful; wildly extravagant.

n.

A profligate person; a wastrel.

profligacy

1. dissolute or immoral behavior.

2. reckless and extravagant spending or behavior. — profligate, adj.