Clyde, League Cup, Wednesday 24th August

Andy_P

Wondered about that. I assume it's down to SFL giving permission as they have highlights from all their league games. If we get a home draw we can hopefully sort something out.

Don't know if they're limited to 5 minutes but considering there's no replays it's more than we get on BBC.

Being able to navigate straight to the goals with the links underneath is certainly a nice touch. Hope MFC TV are taking note :)

What, with Clyde's video and wee teams like non-league Ebbsfleet Utd offering live streaming of games to overseas residents, you'd almost think it was possible to do something like Motherwell TV.

I think the plans are a wee bit more grand than "some guy with a camera", more akin to a proper online tv channel. Im sure they could start battering highlights and the like up, but there's little point in getting something like this going in dribs and drabs.

I think the plans are a wee bit more grand than "some guy with a camera", more akin to a proper online tv channel. Im sure they could start battering highlights and the like up, but there's little point in getting something like this going in dribs and drabs.

Don't see why not -- I'd guess most folk are more interested in match footage than any of the other content that's likely to be on there, and especially if there's going to be any sort of subscription fee involved for any or all of the content, the sooner they can start bringing money into the club the better.

It must be 3 years now since they started talking about it. A drib or a drab would be more than welcome (certainly more welcome than a single video on the official site's home page).

I really don't see what's wrong with highlights and/or live streams. Interviews with players are normally less than revealing, and the official site is never going to broadcast anything controversial or against the party line.

Maybe so, but when you've spent a lot of time and putting a lot of work into planning and funding something (bearing in mind it's probably been fairly low down the financial priority list), you can see their point of wanting to have a proper full launch surely?

Weeyin...you've pretty much hit the nail on the head though regarding the interest mainly surrounding the match footage. After all the work that's gone/going into it as a full package, it would be absolutely mental to release your main draw early, and then when it comes time to launch the rest of the features that have taken a lot of time and money and planning...no-one cares because they are already getting the main thing they are interested in.

Maybe so, but when you've spent a lot of time and putting a lot of work into planning and funding something (bearing in mind it's probably been fairly low down the financial priority list), you can see their point of wanting to have a proper full launch surely?

Weeyin...you've pretty much hit the nail on the head though regarding the interest mainly surrounding the match footage. After all the work that's gone/going into it as a full package, it would be absolutely mental to release your main draw early, and then when it comes time to launch the rest of the features that have taken a lot of time and money and planning...no-one cares because they are already getting the main thing they are interested in.

That's a valid argument. Although the popularity of the highlights could also be used to attract customers away from the BBC highlights webpage and help sell the other features.

Cheers - that's a nice 5 minute package they put together there.

I see the crowd is a wee bit closer to the pitch than we used to be when we went to Shawfield.

Aye your right there weeyin the view is a lot better than Shawfield

Good wee package of highlights from the Bully Wee....MFCtv are ye learning anything yet?