Bring Back Sutton!

gunn

i always though he was shit. one of the most over rated players iv seen. He just couldn't be bothered and looked like he couldn't give a fuck about the well.

overrated, no heart, clumsy and a prick, naa your alright.

i always though he was shit. one of the most over rated players iv seen. He just couldn't be bothered and looked like he couldn't give a fuck about the well.

overrated, no heart, clumsy and a prick, naa your alright.

That's a bit mental tbh. Thought Sutton always gave 100% and chased everything down even when he was lumped out on left mid.

Still, time to move on

Tbh Jam, he did have a spell of looking like a waste of space but for a player that scored 5 goals in his first 4 games for the club, and chased everything down last season, He can't be dubbed "shit"

We've gone over this before, time to close the thread? or Merge with Ins and Outs, at least.

Let's bring back Foran, let's bring back O'Brien, let's bring back John Davies! Don't live in the past, let's get on with it.

There's only one player i'd have back at Fir Park in a minute and thats James McFadden. Sutton's moved on, Motherwell have moved on.

I'd have MCormack back long before McFadden. McDonald too probably.

• Like 1

If both fully fit, there is nae comparison. If you could get a fully fit Faddy or a fully fit Rossco, its a very easy decision for me.

Faddy shone in what was a fairly average (to be generous) 'Well team. Rossco shone in one of the best squads we have had in recent memory.

Probably in the minority, but even if both were fully fit, I'd be taking McCormack.

Faddy shone in what was a fairly average (to be generous) 'Well team. Rossco shone in one of the best squads we have had in recent memory.

So Faddy was a shining light in a shite team, and carried said shite team on his 18yr old shoulders, while Rossco played well in a smashing team. And thats why you think Rossco is a better player???

Dont get me wrong, in his 2nd season Rossco was dynamite at times but McFadden has done stuff in his career that McCormack can't/won't get close to. Faddy has disappointed at times, mainly due to inactivity, not being able to hold down a regular position and most recently being injured more than being fit, but in terms of ability he is on a different planet to Rossco. If both were fit and willing to sign for 'well, its a no-brainer.

Ross McCormack was here for 2 years and gave us a good 6 months. Faddy was a far better player than him IMO. For me it's not even close. I remember Faddy's final full season where he scored the winner against both halves of the Old Firm, scoring a double in a 6-1 demolition of Hearts and that Hat Trick against Livi. He also won the SPL young player of the year award that season and scored 19 goals in a poor team that finished bottom of the SPL. He's the best player I've seen play for Motherwell in the 15 odd years I've been going.

Now it's hard to tell where Faddy is and if he'll ever be the same where as McCormack seems to be on the up. However if both were fit I would take Faddy everytime. I'd also take Skippy back before McCormack as well.