Straight Question To The Board Of Mfc Re. Rangers Newco

Steve Diggle

147 members have voted

1. 1. Should The NEWCO Be Allowed Back Into The SPL?

Ok, so for the pedantic amongst us, perhaps my use of the word "need" was not the right word I was looking for in my last comment. I'll take that back.

But my thoughts on the matter still stand. I personally just don't get how someone would feel like they'd no longer wish to attend a particular competition on account of principle, but would then be perfectly happy to participate in the rewards that may come the competition that they were no longer wishing to attend.

No one needs to justify anything to anyone and everyone is free to attend or stay away from any matches they so desire, totally agree, I'm just expressing my thoughts on the matter.

But my thoughts on the matter still stand. I personally just don't get how someone would feel like they'd no longer wish to attend a particular competition on account of principle, but would then be perfectly happy to participate in the rewards that may come the competition that they were no longer wishing to attend.

Fair enough. It's all about opinions, I just don't agree. If someone has problems with the SPL but not any other competition, then that seems pretty straight forward to me, whether Europe is a direct result of the SPL or not. Should these fans also give the League Cup a miss on the basis that Motherwell are in it due to being in the SPL?

Don't get me wrong, I could certainly understand people being annoyed at folk crawling out the woodwork for European games, but then that happens already anyway.

Been reading this, I'm out, burst ba, never going back, shite on here for years.

Is the current situation with Rangers totally out of order - aye, should they get royally fucked for it - absolutely. Are the old firm a pair of c***s - yup.

Will it stop me going to watch my team, will it fuck.

To all the "I'm out" merchants, you'll be back and you fucking know you will.

• Like 3

Been reading this, I'm out, burst ba, never going back, shite on here for years.

Is the current situation with Rangers totally out of order - aye, should they get royally fucked for it - absolutely. Are the old firm a pair of c***s - yup.

Will it stop me going to watch my team, will it fuck.

To all the "I'm out" merchants, you'll be back and you fucking know you will.

SPL has been a pile of shite ever since it was introduced, elitist garbage and we were all sold down the river a long time ago to feed the greed of the big two jobies.

I fully expect everyone to bend over and take on to allow Rangers newco in if it should happen, I just don't see it as being different from the shafting we've already taken, we all know the league is corrupt but it has been from day one.I do think we should make our feelings known should the time come and the Well Society is the perfect way to do so. You put Motherwell fans interests before anyone or you pay the price but just can't see me not going to watch the Mighty Dossers. For me it's that simple, I go to watch them whatever competition, I don't agree with the Champions League format, in fact I vehemently oppose it as a money grabbing exercise for the big clubs, but I'm sure as hell intending to go those games when we feature in it.:thumbup:

Those achievements were made this season when Rangers were not a Newco and only in administration, docked 10 points accordingly and banned from European competition.

Ok, maybe I'm not making myself clear. I'm talking 'future' tense here.

If the choice made is to give up attending 'future' SPL matches, on account of principles, given the outcome of the Rangers situation etc, etc, then I was referring to those who chose to attend 'future' Euro ties as a result of any 'future' success in any 'future' corrupt and cheating SPL campaigns.

Was only putting it out there, as a means of discussion.

To be honest, every c**t can do what they like, makes no fuckin' difference to me!

:lol:

Craigan on with Durham on Talksport there. Asked if Rangers newco should be allowed straight into the SPL. Gave a very poor 'stock' answer saying the SPL needs Rangers for money and prestige. While factually correct another case if not seeing the wood for the trees and forgoeing morality as well as opportunity to finally rid our game of dependancy on the old firm and grasping the chance if change for the better.

Poor stuff from our captain.

On a side note some great coverage of Motherwell with the presenters (normally cant go Adrian Durham!!) giving us huge kudosfor getting champions league.

Craigan on with Durham on Talksport there. Asked if Rangers newco should be allowed straight into the SPL. Gave a very poor 'stock' answer saying the SPL needs Rangers for money and prestige. While factually correct another case if not seeing the wood for the trees and forgoeing morality as well as opportunity to finally rid our game of dependancy on the old firm and grasping the chance if change for the better.

Poor stuff from our captain.

On a side note some great coverage of Motherwell with the presenters (normally cant go Adrian Durham!!) giving us huge kudosfor getting champions league.

Players don't care any more about the good of the game than the Boards of Directors - they are all part of the same system. Very few are going to bite the hand that feeds them.

Craigans an embarrassment, he's a media whore toeing the (un)official media line. All the media care about is the OF, for our club captain to deliver the same sycophantic shite is appalling.

If Rangers (newco/oldco) are allowed to participate in next season's SPL, those cynics amongst us will have confirmation of what we all believed. The SPL is about Rangers and Celtic, we're just there to make up the numbers.

Where there is no sporting integrity there is no sport, we'll just be a low rated TV series like Eggheads where the occasional team are offered up to the big guns for slaughter.

It's despicable.

• Like 4

And you've suddenly just realised this? You've only had this epiphany here and now. Good god man I thought you had been following the 'Well for years too wink.gif

As Fatcalf is fond of saying - "the more things change.....the more they stay the same"

There's never been any sporting integrity.

Here's the difference though.

Imagine you're at work, and you have a colleague that's dipping into the petty cash, or stealing product/equipment, and you know about it but don't have the authority to do anything. You would be absolutely raging, and it would probably make your working life miserable, knowing that you were working your arse off every day, and yet there was this freeloader taking more than his fair share. You've tried to highlight it but nothing has been obvious to your boss, and he's never seemed to believe you when you've tried to raise the matter.

Then one day, your boss catches him in the act, and everyone else who works there is over the moon, because finally...after all this time, the guy is fucked and will get his jotters.

But then your boss tells this guy that it's not a problem, and not to worry about it. Tells him he doesn't have to pay any of it back, and politely asks him to try and not do it again.

You would have a lot of people handing in their notice there and then, and the rest would be severely jobhunting and leaving at the first opportunity. But of course employers know this, therefore it would never happen....

Except in Scottish football, where blind loyalty ensures that the powers that be can do whatever they like because fans will continually bend over and take the big one, because they like their wee desk and have got it looking all nice, so it doesn't matter what the other employees do, as long as my office chair is still nice and comfy.

The issue isn't that it's happening. The issue is that the bosses have said they know about it, are okay with it, and it doesn't matter. That's whats changed.

• Like 4

Imagine you're at work, and you have a colleague that's dipping into the petty cash, or stealing product/equipment, and you know about it but don't have the authority to do anything. You would be absolutely raging, and it would probably make your working life miserable, knowing that you were working your arse off every day, and yet there was this freeloader taking more than his fair share. You've tried to highlight it but nothing has been obvious to your boss, and he's never seemed to believe you when you've tried to raise the matter.

Then one day, your boss catches him in the act, and everyone else who works there is over the moon, because finally...after all this time, the guy is fucked and will get his jotters.

But then your boss tells this guy that it's not a problem, and not to worry about it. Tells him he doesn't have to pay any of it back, and politely asks him to try and not do it again.

You would have a lot of people handing in their notice there and then, and the rest would be severely jobhunting and leaving at the first opportunity. But of course employers know this, therefore it would never happen....

Except in Scottish football, where blind loyalty ensures that the powers that be can do whatever they like because fans will continually bend over and take the big one, because they like their wee desk and have got it looking all nice, so it doesn't matter what the other employees do, as long as my office chair is still nice and comfy.

The issue isn't that it's happening. The issue is that the bosses have said they know about it, are okay with it, and it doesn't matter. That's whats changed.

To be honest it hasn't really changed since we all knew about it and we all knew the bosses were complicit. Maybe not in such an obvious context as this debacle but come on, we all knew years ago Scottish fitba' wis corrupt as fuck in favour of the big 2 jobies. If you don't you should have bought One Step Beyond and I'd have put you in the picture. All this furore merely confirms what we've been saying all along, albeit in a very public manner as compared to just a few hundred fanzines of a wee diddy club that no-one takes much notice of.

What I don't get if we need Rangers, if we need them to be in the SPL for this super-duper SkyTV contact then why the hell at this moment of time with Rangers in the league and this new TV deal are we being told we have to slash our budget again despite having our best season in SPL history...

Lot of codswallop somewhere in this!

What I don't get if we need Rangers, if we need them to be in the SPL for this super-duper SkyTV contact then why the hell at this moment of time with Rangers in the league and this new TV deal are we being told we have to slash our budget again despite having our best season in SPL history...

Lot of codswallop somewhere in this!

i emailed nasa this question and a crack team of scientists came up with the answer "because if rangers weren't here the budget would have to be reduced by a much greater amount"

Missing the point.

Still you enjoy the benefit for what the 8th slashed budget in 10 years TV and the Old Firm bring to our club....

Fact is SPL has failed, the biggest club in the country has failed but the answer seems to be nothing to see everything is fine.

Or do you know something different and can tell us because of the Old Firm we won't fall behind Norway, Sweden, Finland financially (for the record only the latter makes our TV look above average...

Come on man, I like your anology but at least make it in some way fit the question that Motherwell FC and the other teams have to consider.

The guy who has been dipping the tills is also the son of your businesses biggest client. If he gets punted, then no-doubt so will other members of staff because you simply can't afford to keep the business running at current costs without the contracts the 'thief' has brought in.

A letter sent by a Killie fan to Michael Johnson - sums up my feelings entirely;

Dear Mr Johnston,

I have been a season ticket holder at Rugby Park for 15 years now, and have enjoyed this season as much as any since I started going. When the full time whistle went in the League Cup final, I was nearly in tears, having waited so long to see us winning a trophy.

The one cloud which is hanging over it at the moment is the reaction of the SPL to the ongoing Rangers situation. I have followed the story intently, and I am aware of the issues which could trouble the other SPL clubs. I realise that the clubs are in a difficult position because of the financial implications of not having Rangers in the SPL, but I do not believe these should outweigh the integrity of the sport. At the moment, it looks very unlikely that the current Rangers FC, established in 1872, will survive into next season.

There have been suggestions from SPL club representatives, and indeed from Neil Doncaster himself, that if Rangers FC were liquidated, a "newco" Rangers would be admitted to the SPL in their place, rather than having to apply to the SFL as would no doubt be the case with any other club - such as our own. This would be an affront to the sport and would expose the SPL as a corrupt sham of a league. The suggested sanctions which are due to be voted on by you and the other chairman on Monday do not go anything like far enough. The very simple rule should be that "newco" clubs will not be admitted to the league under any circumstances. This extends to any "hived-down" or "incubator" companies, which seems to be the suggestion of the current preferred bidder.

I will be moving to Edinburgh in the summer, but at the moment I intend to renew my season ticket and travel through to most, if not all, home games. However, if any Rangers FC side other than the original club is involved in the league next season, I can guarantee you that I will not be renewing, and I doubt I would attend Rugby Park at all next season. This is not a decision I would take lightly, because I have passionately supported this club for so long, but I would see no point in paying money and attending games in a league which is essentially rigged to allow two teams to do whatever they like and get away with it. I have no problem with the Old Firm clubs dominating on the field, but that should not allow them to be considered "special cases" off it.

I am aware that our club is still not in the best of shape financially, and that the higher income from a TV deal containing Rangers is very welcome. I know that Rangers tend to bring larger travelling supports than most other clubs. I know that they are good for the global image of the league. I know that our club's income would be reduced if Rangers were not involved in the league. However, that should not mean that they are treated differently from anyone else. Instead, we would have to adjust our budget accordingly, even if that meant a substantial drop in the quality on the field. I am confident that our current manager could work on a reduced budget and field an exciting, youthful tema. If our club was relegated, we would have to make cuts and attempt to keep the books balanced. This situation should not be as severe as relegation, because we would still have Celtic in the league, and presumably some sort of TV deal, even if it is not as lucrative as the current one.

There will be financial implications of keeping Rangers in the league too. I have already said that I would not be renewing my season ticket if they were kept in the league, and I imagine I am not alone. I believe that supporters of clubs across the country will do likewise. I'm sure you are aware of the SPL Fans' Survey, which showed overwhelming opposition to their re-admission. I am sure that not everyone who claimed they would not return will follow through on that threat, but many supporters will.

I am aware that Neil Doncaster has claimed that the decision would be one for the SPL board, of which you are not a member. Obviously your legal knowledge will trump mine, but I would dispute his claim based on the contents of Article 14b) of the SPL rules. Even if he is correct, and it is purely a board decision, Kilmarnock FC would be complicit in the actions of this board, given that the board was elected by the SPL representatives.

Thanks for taking the time to read my email. I would, of course, love to hear a response from you if you have the time to get back to me. If not, then at least you are aware of my feelings on the matter, and will know why I haven't renewed if Rangers do re-enter.

Regards,

*name*

• Like 3

I am aware that our club is still not in the best of shape financially, and that the higher income from a TV deal containing Rangers is very welcome. I know that Rangers tend to bring larger travelling supports than most other clubs. I know that they are good for the global image of the league. I know that our club's income would be reduced if Rangers were not involved in the league. However, that should not mean that they are treated differently from anyone else. Instead, we would have to adjust our budget accordingly, even if that meant a substantial drop in the quality on the field. I am confident that our current manager could work on a reduced budget and field an exciting, youthful tema. If our club was relegated, we would have to make cuts and attempt to keep the books balanced. This situation should not be as severe as relegation, because we would still have Celtic in the league, and presumably some sort of TV deal, even if it is not as lucrative as the current one.

micheal johnston will be kicking himself for stressing over the fact they owe out £10 million quid. apparently it's not a big deal.

if the guy that wrote this letter thinks anyone at killie has a say in what they vote over rangers he's clueless. lloyd's bank will be telling killie how they are voting.