2012/13 Pre Season Thread

Iain7_mfc

Just in. Actually enjoyed a pre-season friendly for a change. Good 'Well crowd through and a good atmosphere. Fair play to the 12 wee guys in the Accies singing section giving it a bash, but marks deducted for every second song being about paedophiles.

Decent performance, controlled the game without creating a great number of chances. Accies had a couple of cracking efforts from distance and Randolph had to stop with some outstanding saves.

Special mention for the wee midget who came off the bench for Accies and, quite unbelievably, slotted in at centre half - before almost ripping Omar Daley's shirt off twice, having a few air kicks, giving away the penalty, and then halving Daley which his team mates looked to the bench to see if Billy Reid would take him off! Hilarious performance! :lol:

A decent night's work from the lads tonight. Had a typical pre-season friendly feel about it but felt we were always in control of the game and largely restricted them to long range efforts which Randolph dealth well with all night. Great to see Hutchinson back.

Quite an enjoyable game as friendlies go, always enjoy putting Accies in their place.

Good to see us win again comfortable enough win.

Couple of things randys save in the first half is the best save I've ever seen. I had a perfect view the ball was flying in to the top corner how he he got a hand to it I'll never know.

2nd thing we look dodgy as fook defending corners they had free headers on 5 or 6 occasions. Felt the same at the ayr game (only other one I've made it to). It just reminded me of mo fucking malpas when we seemed to conced at least one goal every week from a corner

Glad hutchy is back big relief gong into the pana game

Couldn't believe it when he went to centre half! Surely Bily Reid was just having a laugh at that point?! He could only have been about 14 and that experience will have set him back big time! One of the most bizarre things I've ever seen at the football.

The wee guy was marking Daley at the corner then switched to mark their no. 31 who was nearer his height :laugh: Didn't realise the pen was given for a foul by him too.

Agreed that Daley was shit and probably the only one of our first team players that didn't stand out as such against lower league opposition. Randolph's first half save was indeed world class; may need more of the same against Pano.

First half thought we looked pretty good for the most part, some good touches from most of them though still some bizarre decision making at the top end of the pitch. We need to be much more ruthless if we want to make an impact against a stronger opponent.

Second half became a bit of a joke with the huge number of subs used but nice to see some of the young ones get a run out because I suspect we might need to use them more.

Cummins is a good defender but really needs to become more comfortable on the ball, at the moment it is getting the hot tattie treatment.

The penalty was the most blatant 'I just made an arse of giving you an advantage' decisions I have ever seen.

Hutchinson is miles better at defending than any of our others, we must do everything we can so that he is 100% fit next Tuesday.

Thought it was an enjoyable wee evening.

We looked in complete control early on and the goal was no less than deserved at that point.

I don't know if it was the fact we were as much on top that the team eased up or whether Accies got some belief but they came into it a fair bit more as the half wore on and with Randy making a couple of fine saves 2-0 was slightly flatterring.

As Tweed says the sheer volume of substitutions in the 2nd half finished things as a contest but gave us another opportunity to see what the youngsters could do.

I thought Accies shaded the half in terms of possession but we were restricting them to mainly long range efforts. More good saves from Randy and the penalty again gave the scoreline a flatterring look; but a good win nonetheless.

Good to see Hutch and McHugh make positive impacts on their return too.

Is Murphy injured :/

he went off after a late challenge in the middle of the park but it didn't look serious.

for the first goal henrik went round their keeper and finished it with his left foot. the second one came from a corner that henrik ended up controlling in the box and laying off to carswell who drove it in. the third one was one of the subs i hadn't seen before - a tall, rangy boy with some nice touches - and was a cracking finish. the 4th was another young guy i didn't recognise and was a bit of a shambles with their keeper fucking up a kick.

it was a young partick side so you would expect us to win. henrik looked up for it and was unlucky not to get more goals. kerr looked strong in the air and jack leitch and josh watt had some nice touches.

paul hartley was at the game watching, maybe looking for a couple of loanees.