Over Zealous Stewards

mjw

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was sitting in the next section along from the wellboys today and the attention they were getting from the police/stewards was unreal when did it become a crime to enjoy yourself?

I was there also .... didn't see any of them being stopped from enjoying themselves by police or stewards. Only two police officers in the whole stand for most of the game as well ... both female. What was the problem?

How very apt that this thread is running, because this is a point I was going to make on here. The stewarding today at the south end of the east stand was an absolute disgrace. At half time, the aforementioned female steward accompanied by the female cop pulled three young boys out for basically jumping about and the cop then goes on to give one wee boy a stern telling off and threatening to nick him if he did it again. They were doing absolutely no harm, just jumping around and basically enjoying themselves yet these jobsworth took offence to this for some reason. My mate actually made the point to one of the polis that would they be so quick to react in the same manner when there's about 50-100 Rangers fans doing 'the bouncy', to which the cop just laughed and walked away. Then, for the remainder of the game, any of these kids, and that's all they were, kids, stood up the stewards and cops were on at them.

No wonder the atmosphere inside football grounds is dying a death when you've got jobsworth stewards and lazy, cowardly polis (who don't bat an eyelid to the Old Firm fans and their disgusting antics when they come to FP) picking on anyone who tries to get a bit of atmosphere going.

Utter joke

Glad to see we are all treated like shite :P .

Seriously though, they should get a grip and mabye try to do their job properly and let us well be football fans.

maybe someone should remind them we are paying customers tho this is what happens when you give inadaquates a hi-vis jacket and a bit of authority

I heard McGhee was saying in the program today that he would prefer if the fans got behind the team more, singing and creating an atmosphere?

How are we supposed to do that when any time someone stands up and tried to sing they are told to sit down and shut up! :P

hah, I think its the Eastend Baby Crew or something now.

I think its totally stupid. It just gets annoying hearing there pish espescially with the loudspeaker. It's fair enough standing up and singing, but when you're simply antagonising the stewards its too far.

Bring back the 'Well Boys' at least they had banter.

They were the same in the main believe it or not, Me and my mate and his 5 year old got told to quieten down because we were shouting for the penalty, formal letter of complaint has went in to the club as the steward spoke to me like something on his shoe think they need to realise that if it wasnt for us they wouldnt get there massive 19 pounds pay cheque.

They were the same in the main believe it or not, Me and my mate and his 5 year old got told to quieten down because we were shouting for the penalty, formal letter of complaint has went in to the club as the steward spoke to me like something on his shoe think they need to realise that if it wasnt for us they wouldnt get there massive 19 pounds pay cheque.

That's an absolute joke. I've never had any real problems personally (I sit in the Cooper) but have been "warned" while in the East (for nothing I may add). It really needs to be looked at because what is the world coming to if you can't go a wee bit ballistic when you've been denied a penalty. Sometimes from reading on here you think they want us all sitting there in silence until we score then clapping politely before returning to said state of sedation.

I've worked as a steward for 4 years , 2 of them in larkhall, in my experience if you let people chill out and enjoy yourself you in turn make good friends and have fun yourself.

It's all about mindset i felt my job was to ensure that consumers had a good time enjoyed themselfs and went home safe.

Some people are different but i'd love to steward at fir park and get involved more with the support.

It's all about respect in some cases the stewards do seem to want to spoil your fun it's the first time i've seen the "terminator" yesterday and his angry expression while marching up and down the stands makes me feel he'd be better off going home and slapping the wife.

Mon the well!!!

I've worked as a steward for 4 years , 2 of them in larkhall, in my experience if you let people chill out and enjoy yourself you in turn make good friends and have fun yourself.

It's all about mindset i felt my job was to ensure that consumers had a good time enjoyed themselfs and went home safe.

Some people are different but i'd love to steward at fir park and get involved more with the support.

It's all about respect in some cases the stewards do seem to want to spoil your fun it's the first time i've seen the "terminator" yesterday and his angry expression while marching up and down the stands makes me feel he'd be better off going home and slapping the wife.

Mon the well!!!

His or yours :O:P:P

If the issue of bad stewarding is as pronounced as indicated on these posts, why don't the Suppoters Trust, the voice of the ordinary Well fan!, not take in up on our behalf with the board?

Why don't folks take pictures of these stewards "in action", who seem take offence at everything, and post them on here, name and shame.