Motherwell V Dundee Utd 9/11/13

Yabba's Turd

Fuckin pathetic! Losing isn't the thing that hurts here its the fact that we've been hammered by Aberdeen,Utd,Celtic,St Johnstone + Caley this season without a single 1 of those teams breaking sweat.

Someone said mid table awaits us,can we afford that? Considering we've finished best of the rest the last 2 seasons and both had to cut our budget by £200k AND posted six figure losses each year. Just how much damage could mid table cause? We need to wisen the fuck up pronto!

Yes this season was always going to be difficult. Im sure Stuart McCall knows who the useless fuds are in our team but unfortunately we'll have them for the season and in the case of our useless keeper TWO seasons. :wallbash: Been a really poor couple of weeks for us. Fasten your seatbelts folks a lot more to endure yet. <_ even the happy clappers must be a wee tad pissed off with recent events.>

Yet again totally outclassed by the opposition. It's looking increasingly like a mid table finish because we sure as hell aren't one of the top teams in the league this term.

The first couple of goals were absolutely shambolic. Was it to be expected with so many missing today? Perhaps but the way the whole team just gave up the ghost after the first goal was completely unprofessional.

Dundee Utd completely outclassed us in every department and really we got off lightly at 4-0. Although he was badly to blame at the first goal, Nielsen actually pulled off some good saves in the second half, could easily have been 6 or 7.

Our thread bare squad is taking its toll now. Outside our first XI we have very few options and I don't see any way out of his bad spell outside of the players themselves pulling their socks up but how often does that happen?

Kerr was better than Cummins at centre half, Moore came on and looked dangerous but that's all the positivity you can conjure up from a performance like that.

Forget the points total, there are guys stealing a wage from us right now. Time to get the finger out.

Well said something else, spot on with your views. Angol will never be a defender in a million years & McCall with use the injuries & suspension as a cover to us being completely garbage this season.

Angol is far from the worst player to play for us. But you can't defend that decision making today that cost us the second goal. It was beyond belief to lose it where he did with ample opportunity to get rid of it.

Today was a shambles from start to finish. The summer signings have not gelled in any way McManus aside. We'll hopefully not sink as low again anytime soon but the problems we were all were aware off were brutally highlighted today once our relatively decent defence got unsettled. Neilson some decent saves aside is more error prone than Hollis and the 3 first choice defenders missing today was way to much for us to deal with.

A gubbing like that has been on the cards all season as we've been murder in nearly every game so it was was no surprise it finally arrives against the team with such a good forward line. Losing 4-0 at home is embarrassing though and puts the lid on a wretched run that the bumbling win over Hibs merely temporarily papered over the cracks.

McCall will obviously point to the injuries and suspension of Hammell, Ramsden and Hutchison but the lack of leadership and professional pride in the senior players especially was disgusting. They just completely folded ! I thought we had a team of winners with a desire to succeed and at very least be competitive?!?!

I'd give pass marks to Kerr, Moore and believe it or not, Vigurs. Everyone else was so bad at even the most basic aspects of playing football it doesn't warrant going into it.

Just have to to suck up its going to be a poor season and console ourselves that despite today's result and performance we are still sitting pretty in the mix.

This team is going to do fucking nothing though.

It was suicidal from McCall to go with a 442, last week we were fortunate Hibs were guff and couldn't score in a brothel. I just can't get over how he went with that formation again, knowing the pace and creativity United have in Ciftci, Gauld, Mackay-Steven and Armstrong he surely saw today coming?

We did well to suffocate Gauld at Tannadice, today he was given space and time to run riot. Fair play to the boy, he's only 17 and looks some prospect but he was given all the time in the world to pull the strings. United were running riot and you almost had to applaud some of their moves as they were lightyears ahead of us today.

You know what that reminded me of? When a young Hibs team with Brown, Fletcher, Sproule etc. came to Fir Park and pumped us 6-1 under Malpas. Only difference today was United didn't take their chances and we never looked like scoring.

Pitiful, horrible long ball football with no shape or fluidity. United played some lovely stuff but we just fucking watched and the let them.

No point hiding behind injuries McCall, you got that badly wrong again today and that's now one goal in four games(from a corner) and another game where the opposition keeper didn't need to get his gloves dirty.

Shambles, is how I would describe today. Worst display from a Motherwell team at Fir Park in some time.

Angol is far from the worst player to play for us. But you can't defend that decision making today that cost us the second goal. It was beyond belief to lose it where he did with ample opportunity to get rid of it.

Today was a shambles from start to finish. The summer signings have not gelled in any way McManus aside. We'll hopefully not sink as low again anytime soon but the problems we were all were aware off were brutally highlighted today once our relatively decent defence got unsettled. Neilson some decent saves aside is more error prone than Hollis and the 3 first choice defenders missing today was way to much for us to deal with.

We didn't start badly but the two goals we gifted them soon put a stop to that.

Horrible performance.

Tell you what though Armstrong and Gauld look absolutely top notch, actually thought the former was the mom despite Gauld scoring two. I'd bite yer hand off for a player like big Ciftci too.

A season of mediocrity beckons, is it the end of the world? No. Are we due one? I think so.

I waited a day before posting after the Hibs game, but I'm so pissed off with that today that I'm not waiting til tomorrow. That performance was Malpas-esque, utterly shameful how bad we were today.

I've come to the conclusion that McCall and Black have next to no tactical nous, even when changes were made to the personnel today, the formation and tactics stayed exactly the same. A 4-4-2 (with Carswell man-marking Gauld) was never the way to go against a team who play a 4-2-3-1, we were outnumbered in midfield and their pace left us chasing shadows. Yet another game where we've hardly stuck a shot in on goal.

The first two goals were school-boyish from our viewpoint, poor header from McManus, shocking goalkeeping from Gunnar for the 1st, god awful play from Angol for the 2nd and for the 3rd, they obviously took advantage of us being down to ten men.

For me, some of the players just aren't good enough. We are a fair portion through the season so it's hardly a knee-jerk reaction when I say;

Neilson is no better than Hollis and quite possibly could be worse

Angol is worse at left back than he is in midfield which is fucking saying something

Vigurs is far too pedestrian, it's a bad day when the full home support has to let home no there is a 'man on'. He put in a shift today, but I was under the impression he was signed to offer a scoring threat from midfield?

Ainsworth would have been as well sitting beside me today - hopelessly anonymous

Anier, has gone right off the boil, still putting the effort in, but it looks to me that he can't read a game at all, and he struggles to link up with the lump of wood up front

The lump of wood up front, puts in a shift, he tries like fuck, but he is, and always has been, an extremely limited footballer - spends more time on his arse than on his feet - just rotten.

I hate to say it, but Faddy is getting right on my tits as well, he's a hero of mine, and it pains me to see how bad he is just now. First touch isn't great, decision-making is poor and he is quickly becoming a luxury we can't afford.

Struggling to think of many positives, Moore done ok when he came on.......and.......that's about it.

P.s. Thought United were excellent from start to finish, it really should have been more than 4. Gauld is getting all the plaudits but I thought Armstrong was their most accomplished player today

In all my years going to watch Motherwell..and thats 43 years since my 1st game now...that shambles today ranks as one of the worst performances by a Motherwell team i have seen.

It highlighted the fact that we have no cover in the squad, no pace in the team, and too many feckin rank rotten players with no ideas.

We were all over the place today, ZFA is a bomb scare, Ainsworth does not look interested, and Neilsen dont get me started, as for Faddy he has contributed feck all all season.

• Like 2

In all my years going to watch Motherwell..and thats 43 years since my 1st game now...that shambles today ranks as one of the worst performances by a Motherwell team i have seen.

It highlighted the fact that we have no cover in the squad, no pace in the team, and too many feckin rank rotten players with no ideas.

We were all over the place today, ZFA is a bomb scare, Ainsworth does not look interested, and Neilsen dont get me started, as for Faddy he has contributed feck all all season.

I agree with some of your post.ZFA agree,Ainsworth thought 1st half he was ok 2nd half anonymous ,Neilsen some good saves not many (bombscare) ,Faddy still not fit .

In no way whatsoever was it one of the worst performances I have seen .There are plenty worse !!

I felt we actually started fairly positively, a couple of half decent moves and we looked okay. However, after we went behind it got progressively worse, and in the end 4-0 was the least United deserved. We offered no pace, no intensity, no creativity and looked bereft of confidence. We were found out tactically and were overrun in midfield.

We need to look beyond the usual 4-4-2 formation, we simply cannot cope against a side whom line up with the extra man in midfield. It was there we lost the game, too often our defence was left exposed by United's runners, and the big lad up front played the lone striker role to perfection.

Back to the drawing board. We can't make our lads quicker, but we MUST find a shape and system that suits what we have.

• Like 1

I agree with some of your post.ZFA agree,Ainsworth thought 1st half he was ok 2nd half anonymous ,Neilsen some good saves not many (bombscare) ,Faddy still not fit .

In no way whatsoever was it one of the worst performances I have seen .There are plenty worse !!

Agree there have been many worse performances.

If Ramsden ,Hutch and Hammell had played the match would have been much tighter although I suspect Utd would still have done us.

What we learn from today [ and its been coming] is that our Goalkeeping options are poor. Perhaps we could give Stewart a chance as what I`ve seen of him suggests he is promising.

Midfield is too slow but this could be remedied in January window. By then Faddy may have refound his fitness.

Strikers are off form but Moore may be worth starting, Also noted that Erwin scored again.

Despite the doom and gloom we remain 4th and our under 20`s are doing well. We will recover and I`m reasonably sure we will be in the mix at the top end come seasons end.

On a final note give Utd credit as they looked real impressive. I now understand why Gauld and Soutter are getting rave reports.

Forever `Well.